Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.69 - 62votes)

Ichigeki

Alt Names: alt coup de grĂ¢cealt With One Strike
Author: Nagai Yoshio
Artist: Matsumoto Jiro
Genres: Action ActionHistorical HistoricalMartial Arts Martial ArtsSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A martial arts historical series about a peasant turned samurai and caught in the turmoil of the final year of the Edo Period (1868).
Go to Ichigeki Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

40 Comments

"ichigeki" an appropriate translation would be "first blood" i guess?
well, may be i'm wrong, my japanese has never been that great anyways

See you again in July! :D

Proto cat girl

the magaka cameo is 10/10 

We're scanlating this by volumes. The next chapter, which is already translated and cleaned, is the last of volume 01.

Volume 02 is due out in July, so hang in there.

Just found this and Nanba MG5. You guys are working on some seriously awesome series :D I'm tempted to look up the historical basis for this manga but I don't want to spoil the next chapters for myself.

To say more would be spoiling, but this manga is based on actual historical events during the Bakumatsu and the conclusion isn't as simple as you think.

Anyway, the first chapter is actually MC doing his job as laid out by the shogunate recruiters. Those samurai are the Satsuma terrorists, not the Bakufu loyalists he's working for.

Spoiler

When sssr starts talkin' history, it always gets more interesting.

ok so my prediction. the samurai guy is just using them in order to frame them, he betrays them and kills all of them exept MC and then goes and kills MC's family in order to bring him out and then the beggining of ch1 happens.

To say more would be spoiling, but this manga is based on actual historical events during the Bakumatsu and the conclusion isn't as simple as you think.

Anyway, the first chapter is actually MC doing his job as laid out by the shogunate recruiters. Those samurai are the Satsuma terrorists, not the Bakufu loyalists he's working for.

Spoiler

ok so my prediction. the samurai guy is just using them in order to frame them, he betrays them and kills all of them exept MC and then goes and kills MC's family in order to bring him out and then the beggining of ch1 happens.

Saw this from the front page and didn't pay attention to the artist, kept thinking "Freesia" and at the end of the chapter it was that man. The author doesn't have anything on this site but from this one upload I'm interested.

From the MU profile, the author isn't a mangaka, but a Historian. So I'm guessing he decided to make a fictional chronicle of the late Edo period and partner up with the artist to make it in manga form. So it's not really surprising that his name hasn't been associated with other series, this may be his first.

Saw this from the front page and didn't pay attention to the artist, kept thinking "Freesia" and at the end of the chapter it was that man. The author doesn't have anything on this site but from this one upload I'm interested.

5 stars so far.

it seems interesting ...

I enjoyed it! :D

It seems like a badass manga! I'm a big fan of Matsumoto Jiro.
Thanks for the new manga.

I hope you enjoy the new project.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics