Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.55 - 329votes)

Sore wa Totsuzen, Unmei no Aite ga

Alt Names: alt And Then Suddenly, My Partner of Fatealt それは突然、運命の相手がalt 그것은 갑자기 운명의 상대가alt 那是突然出现的、生命中的另一半alt Hauki, Ashavahan qu Aqidiraalt Suddenly, the Marriage Partner Showed Upalt Tiba-Tiba Saja Jodohku Munculalt Y De Repente, Mi Destinado Apareció
Author: Hiromoto Hiroki
Artist: Hiromoto Hiroki
Genres: Comedy ComedyEcchi EcchiRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Imagine a country where couples are chosen based on the compatibility of their genes. Whenever a resident reaches the age of 14, a partner will be suggested to him or her based on which match would result in the best child being born.

This is a collection of stories about some of the more “interesting” pairings chosen by this system.

The great stories with sweet vanilla flavor. :D
Go to Sore wa Totsuzen, Unmei no Aite ga Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic [Poll] Your favorite couple in this manga? New Window Takao-chan
  • 3 Replies
Topic Just for the record, premise is a horrible idea New Window Purple Library Guy
  • 27 Replies
Topic In vitro fertilisation New Window Evange
  • 0 Replies
Topic Quick Poll New Window TRMshadow
  • 5 Replies

426 Comments

MMORPG is evil. Combined with anime it mutates in a supermonster, that eats all your free time. Thank god I hate them.
@TsundereChan let's keep insults to ourselves shall we? ;) It's better than a paragraph explaining why don't you like the manga ^^
@Misdreavius No you're not on your own. I think the girl is cute too.
Spoiler
@anhiee yes, you're right. aEnigma just didn't understand well enough about genetic.

Anyway, I like the third couple the most. Miyuki is super super cute.

@aEnigma

"lame... this has to be the most retarded excuse for incest...
Siblings and twins even more so have very little genetic diversity which makes them the worst match possible...
"

Normally that would be the case, but it's not an absolute you know. Inbreeding increases the chances of negative recessive genes being displayed in offspring. If the two were being paired by the system, then clearly it's not the case. Actually, you could argue since they're being paired, it's likely they have very positive recessive genes.

Incest =/= bad
Incest = increased likelyhood of bad recessive genes being displayed in offspring

All it means is that siblings being paired up as a good match is very, very rare, but the manga already demonstrates this. The character is clearly shocked at being paired with a sibling (obviously due to it being an unheard of occurence).

Also, although they're twins they're different genders, so they're obviously not indentical twins. Basically it means they're only as close genetically as any other pair of full siblings.

Anyway, above all it's a story about a cute but extremely unlikely couple so chill out bro hahah~

Photo
TsundereChan
Mar 04 2012 05:17 AM
@keik
ur parents abuse u at home?is that it?
if not keep ur faggotry to urself
Wow the next pairing is really cute and interesting, even more so than the first pairing. Maybe it's cause I find girls who game incredibly cute.
Well I really liked the first pairing o_o
Incest or not, i think the characters were nice and the story was interesting (though it wasn't long).

Also, I think the art is great... sure it's not something Unbreakable Machine Doll which is overflowing with Moe... but it's good, at least good enough that I can go "aww she's cute!"
Spoiler
Art is crappy but slowly getting... nah, it's crappy but eventually backgrounds look bit better not so block-like. Still I read yesterday almost everything so let's say, we as the readers, might be looking forward for upcoming projects or ongoing volumes.
@rahyan16: I'm the one releasing this series under Facepalm. I actually bought the physical book and scanned it, so I've seen the whole thing. The girl's name is Miyuki, and the guy in the background/back of cover is Nobuyuki. I had my translator give me that info early on. The whole gaming aspect of it was pretty easy to figure out from the art. A large amount of the story is dependent on some kind of gaming setting. Heck, a good chunk of it takes place in an MMORPG world.

But yeah, those two will take up the rest of v2. Not sure about v3. I researched it in advance, and I'm pretty sure I saw nine total chapters with them. v3 was just released yesterday, and it has a new set of characters on the cover. I'm not sure where they'll show up though. It's gonna be a while before I can infiltrate the production facility and steal a co...I mean purchase it through completely legal means. Yeah, we'll go with that.
@Scorpian ohh... wait. how did you know that? will she also have her arc/story?
@rahyan16: Her name is Miyuki, and as the artwork implies, she's a hardcore gamer chick.
@Lauren D Its just 1 arc that it ended, it has different stories about these matches.
This manga is beautiful, I really like it.
The wincest girl is so sexy, same as Mai.
im still wondering who the girl on the cover is....
Wincest is still kind of weird for me but this is adorable Posted Image
Wheee the extra is from the oneshot~ Cute~
Nice but it ended? or was that just a story the marriage :P?
jun x mai was such a good story. can't wait for the next series of couples <3
@Jaggerwock: may be it's only you since I don't see any significance of him in the story at all. More would be just a waste of pages
It just pains me to read the latest chapter on valentines day T_T
Uhhh, am I the only one that's wondering why Mai's brother didn't appear in any chapter or have anything to say about the marriage at all? Or is it just me?
nice 1... nice ending with out the indecent scene and hapy ending.. not boring 2 thumbs up..
I WANNA SEE THE NEXT ONE!!!!
@Aquinox : Ah~ Finally a worthy rival... I would like to take you on, but I think Jun beat us to it... T.T

what a chapter.... recommend~recommend~recommend!
<33333
loved the last chapter
so rabu rabu vanillaaaa kyuun kyuun Posted Image Posted Image

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics