Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Quick Poll

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Which One? (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Scanlation do you prefer

1. Village Idiot Scans (33 votes [84.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 84.62%

2. Facepalm Scans (6 votes [15.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

TRMshadow

TRMshadow

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 37 posts
  • LocationThe Internet (Florida)
I'm just getting a quick poll. Both groups do a great job at it, but they both have distinct differences in style and overall appearance. Which one do you guys prefer?
Certified Grammar Nazi

asdfg

asdfg

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
The one that releases first and is in acceptable english/picture quality. I seriously don't care for the people behind the translation as long as I get my translation. That's selfish as fuck but all I wanna do is read some manga, not sterilisated paper fresh out of the operation room where you don't see the tiniest bit of shades/dust/cropping/rotated image/misspelled you®('re). Put me a half broken english translation over the bubbles and I'm happy.

idgit

idgit

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts

The one that releases first and is in acceptable english/picture quality. I seriously don't care for the people behind the translation as long as I get my translation. That's selfish as fuck but all I wanna do is read some manga, not sterilisated paper fresh out of the operation room where you don't see the tiniest bit of shades/dust/cropping/rotated image/misspelled you®('re). Put me a half broken english translation over the bubbles and I'm happy.

dude that's so damn funny I couldn't breathe for a moment there, but sadly for me it's so funny because it's true, I won't say that when I go back and re-read that I don't take a look at that stuff, but as far as the first time through, it doesn't matter much to me either

omnipwnage

omnipwnage

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationOregon
I'll usually read the first thing that comes out, unless it's a notoriously bad group. I can wait a day or two for a legible jo if it means not having to pull my hair out. That being said, if I have to wait a week for the good version, I'll skim the crappy one and fully read the better one later.

Sebastian De Los Angeles

Sebastian De Los Angeles

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Location...del otro lado del río...
VIS has been doing a nice job with their series, and this particular series seems to be done mainly by them, at least in the files here in Batoto, I'd be happy to keep on reading their material, but I don't have particular issues with Facepalm as the quality doesn't get that much in the way of the reading...
"I wish you could see the look on your faces!... Oh wait, you can!"
Q - Star Trek Voyager

Spoiler

Similar-man

Similar-man

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts

Facepalm, but they are too slow

助けるよ
あたりまえだろう