Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.55 - 329votes)

Sore wa Totsuzen, Unmei no Aite ga

Alt Names: alt And Then Suddenly, My Partner of Fatealt それは突然、運命の相手がalt 그것은 갑자기 운명의 상대가alt 那是突然出现的、生命中的另一半alt Hauki, Ashavahan qu Aqidiraalt Suddenly, the Marriage Partner Showed Upalt Tiba-Tiba Saja Jodohku Munculalt Y De Repente, Mi Destinado Apareció
Author: Hiromoto Hiroki
Artist: Hiromoto Hiroki
Genres: Comedy ComedyEcchi EcchiRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Imagine a country where couples are chosen based on the compatibility of their genes. Whenever a resident reaches the age of 14, a partner will be suggested to him or her based on which match would result in the best child being born.

This is a collection of stories about some of the more “interesting” pairings chosen by this system.

The great stories with sweet vanilla flavor. :D
Go to Sore wa Totsuzen, Unmei no Aite ga Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic [Poll] Your favorite couple in this manga? New Window Takao-chan
  • 3 Replies
Topic Just for the record, premise is a horrible idea New Window Purple Library Guy
  • 27 Replies
Topic In vitro fertilisation New Window Evange
  • 0 Replies
Topic Quick Poll New Window TRMshadow
  • 5 Replies

426 Comments

Spoiler

well what will most likely happen is engineered children because when it comes to children made out of parents there are still the chances of him having diseases and so on considering that when you do the child in a lab you can focus on what genes you want your child to have

This was SUPER adorable.

:(( it ended ! 

You know what's scary?
That something like this "coupling based on "genetic compatibility" might actually happen later in this century...

Don't start a shitstorm about "that'll never happen, they won't allow it", read this:

-) Scientists finally crack the genetic "code" of us and totally understand what'll happen if genes from person X and Y are combined (=a child is made) and what kind of child's gonna come ot (potential future IQ, inherited diseases, and so on)

{continue}....

Spoiler

Something like that is frighteningly realistic, well, maybe not right now, but in a century or two this could actually happen^^

Day chapt. 23 ending

really enjoy reading this manga. Its so sweet and innocent

Spoiler

So sad it has ended. I enjoyed that series

Spoiler

Considering the vast size of the human genome the chances of being identically perfect for great offspring would be near impossible. Sure you can have 2 people that are extremely good, but one would be a fraction better then the other. Chances of finding 2 people that offer the exact same genetic benefits would be like finding identical snowfakes or they would have to be clones that have had identical environmental surroundings. Also depends on what benefits one partner can provide. One might provide a genius offspring, one a great athlete and another immunity to cancer. Which is the "best"?. Perhaps the system in this manga aims for a balanced genetic benefit instead a single attribute? Such a complicated process when you think about it :S

It seems the system works by pairing up whoever has the highest genetic compatibility with each other. So I couldn't help but wonder - what happens if you are compatible with more than one person? For example, what if there was a boy who had triple S compatibility with two girls? Given that the system was willing to marry off two siblings together to produce a genius intellect, I would assume that polygamy would be fair game as well.

Seems like it would be a good set up for a harem, romcom spin off.

For whatever reason, my manga list didn't update until today :(.

I'm still wondering whether every 'love' in the stories are out of coincidences or the power of scientific matchmaking.

sniff..a great manga comes to an end. Loved it till the end.

Thanks for all the support! We at VI had a lot of fun with this project. Glad everyone enjoyed it so much! We're just as sad to see it end as you are. D=

I was thinking that the secret ingredient in the pudding was...

Spoiler

Well from all those couples i liked the most yuichi and manami. But it's a total bull he didn't give us extra story for gaming couple dafuq is that? even last couple got that epilogue where they are shown a few years later, only gaming couple got an arrow to the knee.....

Why was the manga so short? Also, what happened to the Twincest couple?

My strong opinion is that all good things have to come to an end, including manga. BUT THIS IS JUST ONE OF THOSE THAT I WANT TO KEEP GOING ON FOREVER. Vanilla please don't go!! ;_;

• gt8 likes this

Was that last page of chapter 23 implying the next couple would have one guy trying to woo twins?

I need to go to the doctor, I hope my diabetes isn't relapsing again after reading this to the last chapter.

Even though there were only 2 parts, Yuuichi x Manami is still the best.

Such a good series...found a local japanese bookstore that carried it, snatched it up something quick.  Soo good!  Love the cheez factor. 

I'll download and save this manga in my heart forever... :3

This manga is the one of the most adorable thing I've ever read. :">

This was a good read. I hope i'll see some more stuff from this mangaka. He's a legend for me allready.

thanks for your work on this manga, it is kinda bad for Shiori that she and her mother never made made amends but that gave the story a little bit of realism, some relationships cannot be repaired and remain broken forever but at least she now has her own family and can be a better example than her mother. Thanks again for your hard work and too bad that the first couple never got another chapter besides that short omake, they were my favourite characters  

Oh sweet manga, you will be missed. Now where will I get my sweet vanilla romance on this level D:

its finally over... Wish it was longer T.T

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics