Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 415votes)

A Demotion Isn't That Bad

Alt Names: alt 左遷も悪くないalt Sasen mo Warukunai
Author: Kirishima Maruha
Artist: Kuku Hayate
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Ulises, a brilliant but inflexible soldier, is shunned by the top brass and demoted to a station in a rural area where he meets his new wife Lea. The demotion that should've been a terrible thing turns into a blessing as Lea and her siblings teach the boorish Ulises about family and love. A soothing daily life fantasy about a silent military man and a clumsy new wife.

Original webcomic: http://www.alphapolis.co.jp/manga/viewOpening/144000110
Go to A Demotion Isn't That Bad Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

282 Comments

call me gay i don't care, but MC is handsome

(first time in my life i said this, i swear to God)

Seconded. :3

I dearly hope the wife is going to grow a personality.

She already has one: shy/awkward/clumsy.  Of course, we're only 2 chapters in, so unless she was spouting off on every page, we wouldn't know too much about her, especially since the story seems to mostly be told from his perspective.  Starting a new book is kind of like a relationship: it needs some time to grow.

given most of he thing about this manga is good art is simply too lacking it hurts the whole feel of the story,author really needs to work on it ,and that to seriously,though after all said and done MC is kinda cool

call me gay i don't care, but MC is handsome

(first time in my life i said this, i swear to God)

Already hilarious

Thick arms are not exactly a sign of strengh, though. Look at Bruce Lee, he had thin arms, while many obese people have arms like legs and can't do shit with them...

Oh, I was just joking, and I wasn't talking about actual strength or anything like that. It's just that in that panel, his arms look disproportionately thin compared to his dorito chip chest, which threw me off. I haven't noticed it since, so it was a one time thing. :)

Hmm possibly, the characters are certainly a little similar.

Spoiler

I'm not quite sure why spoiler tags were used here but I just wanted to say that when you mentioned Kongou Banchou, I immediately thought you were referring to Kongou from KanColle

This from a man whose arms are sticks compared to the rest of his body.

Spoiler

I honestly throught the border of the panel cut it off. I soon found out I was wrong. lol

Thick arms are not exactly a sign of strengh, though. Look at Bruce Lee, he had thin arms, while many obese people have arms like legs and can't do shit with them...

"I smelled blood" That's some nice PTSD you've got there friend.

Also manly man doing manly wife bedding things on first night.

Five Nights with Hubby: First night completed!

Inb4 a sexy milf tries to seduce him

No, it is a name which is mostly used in Europe and russian speaking countries and is exactly pronounced L-E-A, or maybe Leya or Leja since you can't pronounce Valayuha or something like that.. it is Valeria. 
Valeria->Leria (which is also sometimes used)->Lea (without the "ri")

No matter the origins of the word, you are not helping to explain how it actually is pronounced. By saying that it is "exactly pronounced" some way, you should be using words that have sounds that everyone pronounces the same way, or use the phonetic alphabet. If I were to "exactly pronounce" L-E-A, it would be "El E A", which I'm sure that's not what you meant.

Sudden random thought:

Spoiler

Hmm possibly, the characters are certainly a little similar.

Spoiler

His reaction in context... 
After saying he pushed her too far last night" then saying "I smelled blood" seems more like he was apologizing in a way and giving an explanation for how he acted. This suggests he gets excited or at least in a reactive mood when he smells blood. This COULD be like PTSD, but given my time in the Army, if he associates blood with the thrill of being in battle, it could also be that he got extra excited by the smell and so he got a bit rough and tumble while they did the horizontal mambo. 

I do like the slow pacing. It gives us time to see how these little changes are magnified for those of us who got used to the whole "being out till the sunset" military folk. 

I personally have occasional moments where it's like "I have nothing to do? I can just... sit inside my house? Man this is odd...". So I understand the emphasis on such things. It's a shame that we haven't really gotten to know Lea yet though. 

Also, I think I figured out the context for why he would insist on meatiness on Lea: This looks to be a pre-industrial empire, that is, more agrarian, and thus more land based in terms of economy. If you looked more plump, this was because you had a bit of land that gave you lots of food to eat. It's a different mindset than today, but it makes sense in context. 

Moar plz

"I smelled blood" That's some nice PTSD you've got there friend. Also manly man doing manly wife bedding things on first night.

Stab into people, smell blood, same old same old.

:V

Slice of Life, not slice the lives.

but the husband is life slicer...

btw is this from wn. i'd love if you translate it brotha..

y za fak izit too short

Sudden random thought:

Spoiler

Things went fast so soon... me likey :)
"I smelled blood" That's some nice PTSD you've got there friend. Also manly man doing manly wife bedding things on first night.

"I don't understand women."

You're probably not alone.

still-in-progress_o_2349631.jpg

I dearly hope the wife is going to grow a personality.

BUT THIS IS ABOUT BLAND COUPLE DOING BLAND, EXTREMELY FUCKING CUTE THINGS MATE

I know just everyday life stody like this might get boring with time, but I don't  care, please stay cute like this every chapter mmm...

I was grinning too much from every page I read.

DIABEETUS

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics