Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.52 - 114votes)

Suijin no Hanayome

Alt Names: alt Bride of the Water Godalt 수신의 제물alt La Novia del Dios del Aguaalt Pengantin Dewa Airalt Su Tanrısının Gelinialt Suijin no Ikeniealt The Water Dragon's Bridealt 水神の生贄(はなよめ)alt 水神的祭品alt Невеста бога воды
Author: Toma Rei
Artist: Toma Rei
Genres: Drama DramaFantasy FantasyHistorical HistoricalRomance RomanceShoujo ShoujoSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The story of a girl who slips back in time to a different era. While playing in her family's garden, Asahi gets sucked in by the small pond and when she wakes up she finds herself in a place that seems like Japan from ancient times. A powerful clan takes her in, but the reason for their kindness is that they intend to sacrifice her to the water god, the dragon, to be his bride... Now that she is at the mercy of a god who appears to know no compassion, what will Asahi's fate be?
Go to Suijin no Hanayome Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic So I was just wondering. Ship wise. What are everyone's feelings? New Window Koriru
  • 2 Replies

142 Comments

Dite quello che volete, ma io adoro Subaru ^^

You know, the most tragic thing about this story is that while the water god cannot be said to have malevolent intentions, and from his perspective, is trying to be good, his thought process is so far removed from that of humanity he comes across as so.

TIMESKIP BOIS. I really dont want her to end up with water god

Did... did the water god give his blessing, or is he setting them up for another warped mind game? The fact that I'm 50/50 on the odds is one of the reason this is such an interesting manga!

Thanks for the pick-up, Argomundo!

Welp there you have it folks

Just Fyi I will be quite busy, so i dont know how fast its gonna go

Not in the clear yet but im considering picking this up

This a shoujo with a good story. I'm sold.
Muchas gracias, me dejó con ganas de más!!!!! :D
I can read spanish, if some scanlators needs help i'm here.

Ecco finalmente è cresciuta! Non vedo l'ora di poter leggere i prossimi capitoli! :)

Wouldn't a good subtitle for this be: To the God I Hate.

Grazie mille ^U^

spero che sia un progetto lungo

Wow this is a intense story. The description doesn't give it justice remotely..

Grazie!

This is.. different. Not in a bad way, either. The water god's mood swings seem unnatural though.

I think his mood swings contribute to his root inhumanity, though - he is a water god and old gods, particularly those associated with weather an natural disasters were often described as "fickle" first and foremost. That he is fickle, dangerously so, sets him up as a villain, and part of the story (I imagine) is going to be his gaining understanding of/sympathy with the weak, disdainful creatures called "humans."

Also, I'm loving the whole " portal in the time-space continuum" element of this story. ^_^

This is definitely more intense and scary than I was expecting from the premise and the art. The gods, particularly the water god, are straight-up inhuman, and you start to understand why the stories of gods in ancient mythology were so terrifying, with the humans so resigned to their fate. I think the two kids, but especially Asahi, have a tough road ahead of them, and the mangaka has done an excellent job laying the groundwork for them being tough characters.

I'm looking forward to the next update - thank you to Rain Boots & Co. for their excellent work in bringing this to us!

Not gonna go into the whole song and dance, but I'd like to note once again that it really annoys me when people say this kind of s***.

I know why it annoys you, but why do you let it get to you to that extent?

Holy crap this is good.

Awww, this is so heavy for a little girl. As usual, this god understood nothing.

I find myself crying for her

this is some reaaaallyyy good s*** for a shoujo manga. 

Not gonna go into the whole song and dance, but I'd like to note once again that it really annoys me when people say this kind of s***.

Interesting she's not the only one. Makes you wonder how this phenomenon occurs, is it something random or purposeful?

Color me also surprised ... I had thought of it as a possibility, but somehow did not think of it as having any practical impact on the MC. Well, I was only kinda sorta on the ball. Poor girl....
Interesting she's not the only one. Makes you wonder how this phenomenon occurs, is it something random or purposeful?

hmm the shota looks yandere-ish...

...not that it's bad tho  ' v ') *evil grin*

• efu likes this

I know people are going to compare this to the manhwa, Bride of the Water God, but wow this series has a really interesting flavor, and all the more interesting since it's labeled shoujo. The plot does have a few lapses here and there, but the severity in this is really tasteful. Also, when there's a heartbreaking scene, you really feel the pain and the desperation, and when it's really happy, i actually felt relieved for the kid. It's a story that had actually pulled me in with the raw emotion it portrayed.

hahahaha actually, i don't even know what i'm saying at this point, but the point is... this is some reaaaallyyy good s*** for a shoujo manga. 

Any non spanish speaker that tried to read the spanish scanlation because you are sooo curious to what will happen to asahi? Raise your hand comrades ! O/

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics