Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.16 - 139votes)

Destroy and Revolution

Alt Names: alt デストロイ×レボリューションalt デストロイアンドレボリューション
Author: Mori Kouji
Artist: Mori Kouji
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaPsychological PsychologicalSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Makoto is a quiet, unobtrusive boy with passable looks and average grades. The last thing he expects is to be noticed by Yuuki - a model student who is as popular as he is notorious for his brilliance, his looks...and his uncanny knack for always having his way with everyone.

Thus begins the fateful partnership between a nondescript high-school student with budding supernatural powers and an intelligent, charming young terrorist-in-the-making.
Go to Destroy and Revolution Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Did modern science die in this series? New Window TEO
  • 10 Replies
Topic What would you do with that power? New Window eorgeburns7
  • 15 Replies
Topic Unrealistic concepts of violence and war. Inquirers, the new world government and religion. New Window truepurple
  • 2 Replies
Topic Will this turn into anti United States? New Window truepurple
  • 34 Replies
Topic D&R 15 New Window PervySageChuck
  • 2 Replies

407 Comments

Lets hope he stops being fucking useless now.

At this point the translator's notes are kind of a saving grace, because they come from a similar place of disappointment. I've been reading this from the beginning, and it started with great potential. I was so excited for every chapter. But now, I feel nothing when I read it, it's just sad to see how much of that potential was wasted. At this point reading this manga is more to see it through to the end than enjoyment, and I know from the comment section that's a pretty common sentiment.

Yeah, that's how I feel as well. I liked this series so much that I became an scanlator because of it. Now, I just want it to be over, the stupidity is too much.

Well, chapter 77 is already being translated, so we shall all be free bery soon.

Eh, could've gone worse. Actually about five pages into the chapter I started seriously expecting Makoto to somehow teleport the bomb away and save everyone, so the fact he didn't was actually a pleasant twist in comparison.

Also to those dissing the translator notes: at first it bugged me too, but they actually make a lot of valid points and remind me of stuff I forgot even happened. I'm pretty easily immersed in plots and usually am willing to overlook plot holes, but this one has thrown away too many opportunities or executed them in bad ways. They kill off characters with minimal development and try to play off the other characters' emotional reactions to it (see: Ivana and John), have characters constantly contradicting themselves, and to top it off, Yuuki's plan is just too weak to be satisfying. Seriously, I've read a LOT of manga with a LOT of crazy plans, but this one is one of the worst end-game plans.

At this point the translator's notes are kind of a saving grace, because they come from a similar place of disappointment. I've been reading this from the beginning, and it started with great potential. I was so excited for every chapter. But now, I feel nothing when I read it, it's just sad to see how much of that potential was wasted. At this point reading this manga is more to see it through to the end than enjoyment, and I know from the comment section that's a pretty common sentiment.

why work on a project you dont even like?.

*shrugs* People don't need rational reasons for everything they do. Has it occurred to you that I might be doing it just out of spite?

wow, Translator is being such a dick, why work on a project you dont even like?.

page 27 - its like an orgasm page of a hentai

Ch.76 : Woah! I didn't expect *that* to *really* happen!

I mean, I thought that Yuuki's plan revealed in ch.75 was over-the-top retarded, and something that even he would consider extreme... ugh. At least the end of the series is near, along with the end of the city.

Thanks for the release, Death Toll Scanlations. Much appreciated, as always.

This is not my work, it's the author's. I'm not sabotaging myself because I'm having a whale of a time writing the notes. My fellow editors, who also hate the series, are fine with the notes and sometimes (as in this chapter) add their own to join in the fun.

As for your enjoyment… I don't give a damn, as you ought to have suspected when I decided to write the notes in the first place. We were even gracious enough to put them in a different script and warn you about them. Nobody pressed a pistol against your head to force you to read them.

Take it or leave it. Or learn Japanese.

Tbh your notes are the only reason I'm still reading this series.

Great chapter if it wasn't for the tactless notes and useless opinions of the translator, pulled me straight out of reading.

I really wonder what crossed his mind when he decided to sabotage his own work and our enjoyment of it.

This is not my work, it's the author's. I'm not sabotaging myself because I'm having a whale of a time writing the notes. My fellow editors, who also hate the series, are fine with the notes and sometimes (as in this chapter) add their own to join in the fun.

As for your enjoyment… I don't give a damn, as you ought to have suspected when I decided to write the notes in the first place. We were even gracious enough to put them in a different script and warn you about them. Nobody pressed a pistol against your head to force you to read them.

Take it or leave it. Or learn Japanese.

Great chapter if it wasn't for the tactless notes and useless opinions of the translator, pulled me straight out of reading.

I really wonder what crossed his mind when he decided to sabotage his own work and our enjoyment of it.

Fuck, Makoto didn't die.

On the bright side, the increase in arson can only mean one thing: Anarchists and Communists are getting organized and starting the revolt, baby! Smash the state!

Uphold Marxism-Leninism-Yuukiism!

Your lack of political understanding is showing.

And yes, murrica is the biggest thread to peace at the moment. What other county starts one to three wars per year (iligal ones I might add) and has 1000 bases around the world, regulary pulls regime changes that devastate whole regions and has by far the biggest military spending? :>

This series is derp, defending US bullshittery is even more so.

Without going into the merit of what you said, Maximum Kek isn't defending US foreign policy or even the US as a whole. If I understood him right (not going into whether I agree or not with his position), he's merely saying that the US government is the muscle (in his words) of the world's economic elites, and as such being anti-American is failing to see the forest while concentrating on the trees. Extending the idea, he seems to imply that poor people in the US are just as screwed by the moneyed classes as poor people elsewhere.

Actually, your view and his are not mutually exclusive. Both can be right. No need to be so hostile.

Kek, there are people still unironically thinking that America is the true scourge of the world. They seem like it, sure, but they are merely the muscles through which those butthurt-inducing acts were committed, so of course the US would be the most visible villain, if you will. You want an actual worldwide correction of the balance of power? Then you would go for the brains and the money, which are not exclusively American. And yet not even Oneness can help these edgy late-teens see beyond muh AmeriKKKa. Also this series is basically nothing but "it's only okay when I do it" like some other person has already said. It started out very interesting but quickly devolved into Dragon Ball Z with psionics and typical gay attempts at justifying being an asshole for muh greater good and sheeeiiit. Glad to see that the translators also liked mocking it and seem to be continuing the scanlation work out of spite.

Your lack of political understanding is showing.

And yes, murrica is the biggest thread to peace at the moment. What other county starts one to three wars per year (iligal ones I might add) and has 1000 bases around the world, regulary pulls regime changes that devastate whole regions and has by far the biggest military spending? :>

This series is derp, defending US bullshittery is even more so.

I wonder whether the meaning of life also applies to amoebas and other kinds of small organisms?
Plot armor spotted. Their plan had already failed.

Yuuki seems to have created one of the dumbest plans I've ever read.

Spoiler

In defense of the "edgy late-teens," Mori doesn't appear to have any political education, which isn't surprising for a busy mangaka. If he introduced a little Marxism or Anarchism - real revolutionary theory - then the plot would have space to actually progress.

As far as justification for violence goes, I happen to think living under the economic tyranny of capitalism is as good a reason as any for some good old popular uprising.

"Consumed by fire a second time"

I think he means a third time. lol

This author seems to have a knack for creating very interesting ideas and then plummeting them into stupidity. (though to be fair...In my experience most Seinen manga are like that) This and Holyland both gave me so much hope for a good read then...WELP. Does Suicide Island become this retarded?

I also translate SI. Well... it's cringe worthy in several places, but so far more consistent than this. However, most people who are into Mori's stuff say Holyland is his "masterpiece" (I haven't read it myself), so if you didn't like that, you may prefer to stay clear of SI as well.

This author seems to have a knack for creating very interesting ideas and then plummeting them into stupidity. (though to be fair...In my experience most Seinen manga are like that)  This and Holyland both gave me so much hope for a good read then...WELP.  Does Suicide Island become this retarded? 

Kek, there are people still unironically thinking that America is the true scourge of the world. They seem like it, sure, but they are merely the muscles through which those butthurt-inducing acts were committed, so of course the US would be the most visible villain, if you will. You want an actual worldwide correction of the balance of power? Then you would go for the brains and the money, which are not exclusively American. And yet not even Oneness can help these edgy late-teens see beyond muh AmeriKKKa. Also this series is basically nothing but "it's only okay when I do it" like some other person has already said. It started out very interesting but quickly devolved into Dragon Ball Z with psionics and typical gay attempts at justifying being an asshole for muh greater good and sheeeiiit. Glad to see that the translators also liked mocking it and seem to be continuing the scanlation work out of spite.

Okay, among the MANY flaws in this plan: if it fails, won't it make Makoto even STRONGER? I mean based on the explanation in this chapter they gave he's powerful because he basically has no connections to the world. The entire time I was thinking that Kojima's basically the only connection to Earth he really has left, so if she dies and he doesn't, he'll have nothing holding him back from fully embracing Oneness.

Makoto, listen to me: remember last time someone tried to kill you and you booted him out of Oneness, negating all of his powers? Yeah, that time they stabbed you ... I suppose you still remember that, right? Just seal everyone but you out of Oneness and you can go back to the cozy little live you had and play the neglecting God trope to your content. Simple , isn't it?

Ok, that plan of baiting Makoto to under a bomb is  ... stupid. I mean, weapon grade stupid, unlike the mere stupid we have seen so far. Makoto can melt buildings at a distance, just for starters and it is not that he can't sense a air attack ( both were seen already in the manga ). He could melt the planes carrying the bombs in the launch strip easily :P

That plan is not going to work (did he forgot how the space station bomb went?), unless MC reaches a brand new level of dumb.

Isn't that the whole plot?

That plan is not going to work (did he forgot how the space station bomb went?), unless MC reaches a brand new level of dumb.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics