Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.61 - 559votes)

Tokyo Ghoul:re

Alt Names: alt トーキョーグール-:realt 도쿄구울:realt Tokyo Kushu:realt 東京喰種: realt غول توکیو: بازگشت
Author: Ishida Sui
Artist: Ishida Sui
Genres: Action ActionAward Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaHorror HorrorMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSmut SmutSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In Tokyo, an unchanging despair is lurking.

Mysterious man-eating beings, ghouls, run rampant in Tokyo. Living hidden during everyday life, the existence of ghouls, whose true identities are shrouded in mystery, permanently terrorizes Tokyo's residents.

At CCG, the sole institution that investigates and resolves cases related to ghouls, Haise Sasaki has been assigned a certain mission. While dealing with the unruly four problem children known as "Quinx", Haise's days of suffering begin...?!

Other serializations of Tokyo Ghoul:
> Tokyo Ghoul (oneshot)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tokyo-ghoul-oneshot-r13555
> Tokyo Ghoul (prequel)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tokyo-ghoul-r3056
> Tokyo Ghoul Jack (spin-off)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tokyo-ghoul-jack-r13107
Go to Tokyo Ghoul:re Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Discussion Raws New Window Jassim Al-Madeh
  • 12762 Replies
Topic Tokyo Ghoul: re discussions, theory, ideas, etc. New Window ken878
  • 329 Replies
Topic Punny chapter titles New Window Old McDonald
  • 14 Replies
Topic Tokyo Ghoul and Re: New Window Tsenzei
  • 0 Replies
Topic That moment in chapter 72. New Window Agje205
  • 0 Replies
Topic One-eyed King's Identity [spoiler] New Window defry
  • 16 Replies

2991 Comments

I'd say something is fishy.

Spoiler

Really good in-depth look at this whole situation: True Tragic Consequence (also Karma).

TL;DR:

Spoiler

It's just silly though because he DID learn from his mistakes go reread the end of TG, Kaneki has been out of character for the sake of the story which is just bad writing imo. There's a reason why I think TG is a decent story while TG:Re is a trainwreck. Ishida has been pumping as much drama as possible into the story and not caring at all about the integrity of it. The point being not once in the entire duration of TG:Re have I ever felt that Kaneki has gone back to being the Kaneki that we cared about in TG. And you can say "oh well ofc that's the case he's changed since then" but then we wouldn't be having the argument that he never changed would we? The point being that even Ishida kept shoving in the manga too that 'he's back, he's back!'.

The fact that over half of TG:Re is about Ishida baiting bringing Kaneki back is already bad enough. I'd said as soon as this series was announced that the best possible move was to create a new protagonist and having Haise as a red herring. Kaneki can return but as his own character. We spent half the series learning about Haise when it no longer matters, he was a plot device the entire time instead of being a new interesting character we could care about. Other characters that could've been decent main characters got shoved to the side. Let's also not mention tons of decent side characters getting killed off for the sake of drama.

I mean can you even compare any of the developments or arcs in TG:Re to the original series? The anteiku arc at the end of TG was an orgasm of emotions for everyone. Kaneki/Amon rematch, Owls first real appearance, the manager (someone we cared about) going to his death and Kaneki trying to save/stop him. Let's also not forget that at this point Yomo was still cool and assumed to be one of the stronger TG crew (unlike in :Re).

Almost every :Re arc has consisted of not-Kaneki getting into trouble and having to 'give in' to his inner demon to become the strong and win. Seriously how many times is this that he gets fucked up immediately? I think this is like the fifth time. Not to mention him jobbing like this is immediately after he supposedly becomes legitimately strong enough to get Arima to notice. The fuck is up with the power levels. He's fought Kakuja enhanced people before and handled it decently while being insane at the same time.

And then after all the TG development for Juuzo his whole plotline here is "I'm Arima but better". Awesome. In the original it was about him being a complete ass growing up and then regaining his emotions/humanity at the end.

I just can't care anymore man. TG ended long ago and :Re is fanfiction to me.

what...

I seriously have mixed feelings now. I mean, we went through 300 fucking chapters and i don't see any progress being made with Kaneki. He man himself up, sure. Became the bridging-gap between human and ghoul, yeah. Arima passed the baton to him, became the next One-Eyed King, ok. Heck, he's now even the leader of the Ghoul side.

But what do we get after all of these achievements? None. Fucking zero. Kaneki still lost. He's the epitome of a loser. I get it, Ishida himself wrote that if Kaneki were to be the main character of a story, it'd end in a tragedy. I get it, believe me, i do. But still, what are men if not creatures of hope?

Tl;dr this fucking manga keeps on making me depressed but for some fucking reason I still come back every week to read another chapter of it.

what the f

Cue... Nagachika rescue entry? Though it would be incredibly silly because whaddaheck he woulda been doing while his friend needed him all those times before But yes plz stop this endless battle I want some story plox

*desperately press continue*

Yo bartender, gimme another glass of that fuck-me-up for the twentieth time. I swear this will be my last one.

Has Kaneki Ken ever been strong on-page? He only ever appears to luck into beating much stronger opponents and then goes and gets wrecked by grunts

Really good in-depth look at this whole situation: True Tragic Consequence (also Karma).

TL;DR:

Spoiler

LOL it got me thinking, what if Touka and her baker best friend met in a torture chamber somewhere in the CCG?

They'd be like, "Oh hi girl I'm preggy now~ What kinda torture are you getting today?"

Spoiler

Spoiler

Oh No
ISHIDA CAN'T GET AWAY WITH THIS

Man, the BS of the CCG just keeps getting deeper.

It's up to  my chin so I might wait until the end to binge before it ends up in my mouth.

Yeah, just read recent chapter.

Spoiler

Which genius suggested putting the same block of text multiple times just about every page they appeared? 

it was on purpose numbnuts

If Kaneki is the one who saved Hinami, I expect him to go medieval on Juuzou's bony arse in the next chapter. One does not simply hurt most precious girl.

god bless deus ex-machina savings  ... most precious girl doesn't deserve a bad end.

Which genius suggested putting the same block of text multiple times just about every page they appeared? 

where's chapter 61?

If Kaneki is the one who saved Hinami, I expect him to go medieval on Juuzou's bony arse in the next chapter. One does not simply hurt most precious girl.

That Saiko cover.
Someone else pointed this out, but haven't the human characters been getting much more powerful? Not that I'm really complaining, the heavier focus on action is more to my taste, although there are plenty of non-action scenes I like (most of the Quinx scenes, also Touka and Akira at the park). It just feels like the internal logic/rules of the series have been slowly chipped away.

On the chapter, though: (spoiler tags because this is a long comment, read if you like talking plot/theory stuff)

Spoiler

The ghouls haven't been feeding properly for good while now, so its not that the humans have grown stronger but rather that the ghouls have grown weaker due to a lack of nutrition.

That Saiko cover.

Someone else pointed this out, but haven't the human characters been getting much more powerful? Not that I'm really complaining, the heavier focus on action is more to my taste, although there are plenty of non-action scenes I like (most of the Quinx scenes, also Touka and Akira at the park). It just feels like the internal logic/rules of the series have been slowly chipped away.

On the chapter, though: (Added an EDIT)(spoiler tags because this is a long comment, read if you like talking plot/theory stuff)

Spoiler
I was hoping it was Ayato

If this really was Kaneki, how the f did he come back really fast?

I think kaneki went back guys look at the drawing shuu, nishiki and I forgot the last one where the heck did kaneki go

I get the feeling that Hinami still got hit on page 17. Just look where his weapon landed!

Although, I don't think she will die for real. She's a major character since the beginning and it would be a really cruel thing to kill "imouto" off.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics