Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 86votes)

Ano Ko ni Kiss to Shirayuri wo

Alt Names: alt A Kiss and a White Lily for Heralt AnoKissalt あの娘にキスと白百合をalt Ciuman dan Bunga Lily untuk Si Diaalt Kiss and White Lily for my Dearest Girlalt Um beijo e um Lírio Branco pra Elaalt Un Lys et un baiser pour elle
Author: Canno
Artist: Canno
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaSchool Life School LifeShoujo Ai Shoujo AiSlice of Life Slice of LifeYuri Yuri
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The parallel and indirectly connected stories of various couples in the all-girl Seiran Academy. Each volume focuses on a different one.

It follows model student Shiramine Ayaka, who one days sees her top spot stolen by the lazy genius Kurosawa Yurine… and accidentally makes Yurine fall in love with her, much to her dismay; Ayaka's shy cousin Mizuki and her quirky girlfriend Moe, who met and bonded through running; or Yukina and Towako, the two members of the gardening club who forcefully recruit Yurine, among others.

Often comedic, sometimes bittersweet, always light.
Go to Ano Ko ni Kiss to Shirayuri wo Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Favorite couple? New Window Lyendith
  • 3 Replies

129 Comments

…? You gotta click on "click to show all".

Why there aren't chapters  4,5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10???????????

I never would have guessed just 5 pages of yuri could be this bad (good?) for my heart.

This couple is the best!

Another gem I found while doing my daily Batoto front page check, it seems.

Followed AND accidentally rated 5 before I even started. Oh well, doesn't seem like it's gonna disappoint anyway.

Loving how we get to see all these couples. And the way the author draws these expressions and faces is just awesome.

Spoiler

"Come now, you just fucking proposed to me, and you think you can get away with a pinky promise?"

That's how you know something's good, when you end up caring about the side characters enough to the point that you forget they're side characters.

Though it helps that it's Ayaka and Yurine that have become side characters, by now. >.>

…And for anyone wondering, they do appear in the chapter, along with Kaoru's party.

Spoiler

Talk about blink and you'll miss it.

The End...

Spoiler

...wait, this manga wasn't about these two!

That's how you know something's good, when you end up caring about the side characters enough to the point that you forget they're side characters.

I had even forgotten myself until I saw your comment.

The hype is real now.

The End...

bd2494c44a.jpg

...wait, this manga wasn't about these two!

The MC will have a haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard time trying to make something better than what I've just witnessed in ch. 20

so Bold... So beautiful SO YURI!

See, that chapter, right there!  That's the kind of simple, classic, uber-cute yuri that's bad for my health.  Yum.

I'm not sure what Kaoru's introduction is gonna bring or how she's gonna interact with Ayaka (I don't see them becoming "rivals" at any rate), but damn she's adorable…

Well, she has her own triangle...

I'm not sure what Kaoru's introduction is gonna bring or how she's gonna interact with Ayaka (I don't see them becoming "rivals" at any rate), but damn she's adorable…

Yaay, it's back and two chapters!

I tried to tweak the story description to make it less… misleading ('cause let's face it, Ayaka and Yurine are the main characters only in the first couple of chapters). But it might also make it less appealing, I'm not sure…

Sorry chapter 18 is taking so long, I don't have access to Photoshop currently, and thus can't do anything until that's fixed. =[

No worries, thank you for all the work. :)

Sorry chapter 18 is taking so long, I don't have access to Photoshop currently, and thus can't do anything until that's fixed. =[

Well, we don't have direct visual evidence, but we do have eyewitness evidence, as in the line, "You could have kissed me a bit more seriously, geez."  Presumably this means a kiss, even if not serious enough, did happen.  That's my interpretation and I'm sticking to it.

…Did they? It's not very clear with the umbrella in the way, but I thought she just licked her tears…

…What's with these girls' weird fetishes, seriously? >.> Paper cut blood, feet, sweat, tears…

Tttthhheeyyy kiiiisssseeeeddd

What gives me some hope is that, from her look Moe seems to realize that maybe it wasn't such a good idea, at least not in that way. Hopefully someone will call her out on her treatment of Mizuki eventually (Ayaka? She's well placed to know what a wreck Mizuki was during her "abstinence").

so instead of just saying "hey maybe you should try to remember what it was like to enjoy running" she decided to go uber passive-aggressive and emotionally manipulate her girlfriend, making her miserable for days

what a terrible person

You think this is bad?

Try watching OreGairu (My Teen Comedy SNAFU or something like that in English). High school kids talking in riddles and mysteries as though everything they're doing will have major, lasting effects on their entire lives.

Two seasons. I mean the show is great, I could empathize with the protagonist and there's plenty of comedy and heartwarming moments, but the drama parts are just "I'm not saying how I feel, figure it out while you feel like a dick". NOBODY speaks their mind, everyone is trying to trick or deceive other people or manipulate them in one way or another. It was kinda interesting in first season, but second was waaaaay too much shifted towards the angsty drama rather than S1's comedy.

so instead of just saying "hey maybe you should try to remember what it was like to enjoy running" she decided to go uber passive-aggressive and emotionally manipulate her girlfriend, making her miserable for days

what a terrible person

Japan.  No significant lesson may ever be learned just by someone explaining it to you.  You must first suffer, in order to not underestimate whatever-it-is.  Even if the suffering is unrelated to the lesson.

what a terrible person

And in the end, what actually prompted her to remember was a completely unrelated person saying something completely unrelated. The plan was, I assume, that she'd do some running, enjoy it, and come to understand that she had her own reasons for enjoying it that were separate from manager girlfriend paying attention to her. Except that she'd already lost those other reasons without noticing, and finding them again would actually require effort and motivation that she just doesn't currently possess unless Moe is there to spur her on.

Plus, even if she was running purely for herself, Moe is still a huge part of her regular life, and suddenly losing that would be a huge blow to anyone's motivation and ability to focus. You see it all the time in manga, two close-knit characters try to spend some time apart so they can focus on sports or exams or eating cheerios or whatever the fuck, and the point always comes back to how they just can't concentrate or enjoy themselves or perform as well as they normally can. It's a huge change to suddenly lose a relationship like that, and it's obviously going to be difficult and distracting trying to adjust without the emotional support they're used to.

Basically it was a stupid plan from every angle and it was pure luck that they abandoned it before any permanent damage was done. It also further reinforces the most frustrating theme of all the pairings in this manga: that everybody is super laser focused on the specific context of their relationship as it happens to exist at that moment, and the idea that they could be together outside of that is so existentially terrifying as to be unimaginable to them.
Spoiler

Like, it's almost as if they're aware that they exist in a high school yuri manga, and that they technically don't exist when they're not at school doing school-based things. I'm struggling to make sense of it any other way, especially when they can't seem to conceive of each other as regular-ass people, and not just permanent schoolgirls. The fourth wall isn't broken, but it's creaking super loud.

what a terrible person

Dunno, Mizuki is clearly way too emotionally dependent on Moe, so a temporary separation was probably not unwise. Now the way Moe implemented it was a bit brutal… but well, we know from chapter 3 and 4 that she can be a bit of jerk without always being conscious of it.

what a terrible person

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics