Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 422votes)

Hero Union BBS

Alt Names: alt 勇者互助組合 交流型掲示板alt Hero Cooperation Union Exchange Bulletin Boardalt Hero Union BBSalt Yuusha Gojo Kumiai Kouryuugata Keijiban
Author: Okemura
Artist: Akiyama Nenehisa
Genres: Adventure AdventureComedy ComedyFantasy FantasyShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: (From /ak/)
The hero union's BBS, where heroes gather, crossing many dimensions. A bulletin board made by heroes for heroes. Unfair settings, complaints about comrades, tales of failure, and discussions of secret agendas, they are all found here! Even now, new threads are being made!

A comedic chronicles about the travels of heroes.

Original Webcomic: http://www.alphapolis.co.jp/manga/viewOpening/107000053/
Go to Hero Union BBS Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Create your party of heroes New Window Roxis
  • 5 Replies
Topic List of Heroes New Window NullApostle
  • 3 Replies
Topic Web Novel New Window admira
  • 3 Replies

612 Comments

Who do you guys think is stronger, Freeter, the veteran hero or Sage of the Forest?

I think Student even changed Magician's name to Sage.

It's definitely Student. The readers of that thread were limited to the people who remembered the original thread, and of those characters only Student's real face is a mystery. Besides, he's arguably the main character of the manga.

I'm guessing Student.

Here's another reason that the person on the last page of ch 9 is Student - consider the people that we know to have followed this thread in this chapter: it boils down to just Sage (Sky Garden) and Student (Global State).  

Spoiler

EDIT: I just looked at the Japanese titles again, and I just realized that this thread name is the exact same as the thread name in Chapter 6 - which destroys my entire idea: this was mainly Sage continuing his prior thread.  This is why you notice that the post count starts at 130 after all of that - it counts all the previous posts in Chapter 6.

Still, I do find it odd that only Student has posted anything this Chapter.  I think the others have decided that they no longer want to be part of this thread and stopped following it, which would explain why only Student and Sage were posting.  Given that knowledge and the fact that you see Sage's post, I'd still go with Student, unless one of the others just went into lurking.

I sense a plot coming...

also, if there are summon heroes, might there be summoned demon kings too?

Or even a demon equivalent of the hero board? That'd be interesting. Especially if there's also a demon union, and they're in collaboration with the hero's one, as a sort of balance thing, maybe. 

I thought that was Company Employee

sorry guy, but there was no sarcasm at all...

you only showed some insults and random words between them...

and I guess I should stop feeding you and likes of you...

I disagree. It was certainly sarcasm. As it was written with a literary bent, it was, furthermore, satire. (Look the word's definitions up if you disagree. And feel free to let me know if I'm wrong.)

It is a long held, western (unsure of eastern) tradition to make fun of and probe the attitudes of a select people group through exaggeration and irony. Politics, society, spirituality, none are excluded, nor should they be.

The purpose of such probing should not be to degrade that group, but to provide opportunity for our own minds to discover some of the inconvenient truth of what it means to be part of that group.

There is nothing human that is completely pure. Laughing at our own foibles and weaknesses is a sign of a mature, discerning individual.

All of this to say that I feel Pudding_God's post should not be arbitrarily declared "troll". I think his response after protests was not that of a troll, though perhaps a bit flippant.

Ah, yeah, sorry sorry. I just could't resist. Should have kept my trollfeed to myself.

For those that were offended by his post: please consider that he did not overtly insult you. He merely created a sarcastic section of prose that was clearly hyperbole [extreme exaggeration]. Such writing should be ignored for it's ridiculousness or praised for what it has helped us to see in our own hearts...

...not condemned as if every word written down was serious and meant to be taken at face value.

@Pudding_God

I liked it, by the way. ;)

Just be careful not to take literary license as an excuse for cruelty.

A glimpse of the retired sage in action and I like it. I hope sometime ahead the retired ones are forced to be back on battle together -- doing some expendables movie thing. 

Ah, yeah, sorry sorry. I just could't resist. Should have kept my trollfeed to myself. I have to say though, that was the single most amount of sarcasm I have ever managed to stuff into a single post.

sorry guy, but there was no sarcasm at all...

you only showed some insults and random words between them...

and I guess I should stop feeding you and likes of you...

I think in the last page of chapter 9 we can see the student true identity.
I can believe is a girl, she is the only one not presenting her form on the bbs and it would be the right gap, student seems a crazy child but in realilty is a nice girl.

If that IS Student, then I doubt he's a girl. That neck/jaw line looked male.

whenever i click the chapter
these stupid face always appeared

Spoiler

i might will kick the monitor soon
also can someone tell me how to make spoiler?

I think you need to flick the light switch to use
Spoiler

Spoiler

Choose the image server 3, other 2 did not work for me.

Now now Roxis,don't be mean to poor Osaka alright? As for spoiler,just use all undercase letters.[spoiler] not [Spoiler]

Spoiler

I wanted to believe that's the case since it's pretty awesome if the author's implying that both heroes actually knew about sage's true identity beforehand. Then again, it's not exactly feasible if you think things through. Sage's posting in a locked thread, so the only people that can access it are those that had posted something, which leaves Student as the only possible candidate. Unless the author made a mistake/forgot that it's a locked post, there's not much alternative plausible explanation for it.

No, there is still one teeny tiny possibility, it's possible that a union admin could've been the summoned hero. Not necessarily Student.

But yeah, no-face is most likely student.

I liked all the Japanese you mixed in, really layed it on thick :D

It's a talent- nay, a superpower of mine. I am nothing if not supreme in my ability to mete out literary might in manners most would find grammatically challenged.

Ah, yeah, sorry sorry. I just could't resist. Should have kept my trollfeed to myself. I have to say though, that was the single most amount of sarcasm I have ever managed to stuff into a single post.

I liked all the Japanese you mixed in, really layed it on thick :D

that was probably the summoned hero, not student.

I wanted to believe that's the case since it's pretty awesome if the author's implying that both heroes actually knew about sage's true identity beforehand. Then again, it's not exactly feasible if you think things through. Sage's posting in a locked thread, so the only people that can access it are those that had posted something, which leaves Student as the only possible candidate. Unless the author made a mistake/forgot that it's a locked post, there's not much alternative plausible explanation for it.

I think in the last page of chapter 9 we can see the student true identity.

I can believe is a girl, she is the only one not presenting her form on the bbs and it would be the right gap, student seems a crazy child but in realilty is a nice girl.

Spoiler

But yes, it requires someone to play video games and read forums to truly appreciate this manga (best would be an MMO addict - although not all MMO players read forums, even though they really should). 

I am one of those, lol.....

I don't think there are much of a different for a solo player if they read the forum or not...... it is a pain in the ass.... i would prefer kill some monsters then reading......

that was probably the summoned hero, not student.

Chapter 9, last page, third panel, I'm getting a Lucky Star vibe. It's nostalgic.

NONONONONONONO! Don't EVER give student a face! it's more interesting if we dont know his face

so who was that at the end of chapter 9?

I'm guessing Student.

so who was that at the end of chapter 9?

Hmmm...not getting the humor in this one and it seems more episodic than contiguous in story. You guy's will have to enjoy it in my stead. I'll pass on this one.

Normally I don't like comments where others dislike something I enjoy, but your comment gave your personal reason for not liking it, without vitriol, insults, trolling, or swearing, and wishing others well for enjoying something you don't.

Kudos to you, boss. You've earned my respect.

Hmmm...not getting the humor in this one and it seems more episodic than contiguous in story. You guy's will have to enjoy it in my stead. I'll pass on this one.

It is a tad difficult - this manga is not meant to follow any particular 'story' - in reality, it actually follows a "thread" on the BBS and the interactions made between the characters that follow that forum.  It really helps if you have prior knowledge of how people talk on BBS (example: 4chan) or forums (although forums are generally different from BBS in its own ways)

I know this is completely incorrect, but I generally view this manga as one where the different chatters are people playing the same (or similar) MMO on different 'worlds', or really, servers.  The different servers have their own rules, and the "summoned heroes" are merely representations of new players coming into the server.  The Union is actually the GMs/Mods for the game.  Yes, I know that it is actually about actual people in different actual worlds, but I think what I think XD.

But yes, it requires someone to play video games and read forums to truly appreciate this manga (best would be an MMO addict - although not all MMO players read forums, even though they really should).  

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics