Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.56 - 93votes)

Attaque

Alt Names: alt 아따끄
Author: Lee Sae-Hyung
Artist: Lee Sae-Hyung
Genres: Action ActionPsychological PsychologicalSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSports SportsWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: From Easy Going Scans:

Leesu came from a poor family but he didn't mind at all not having any money or status. Being the school's strongest fighter made him feel as if he was on top of the world in his eyes. But alas, a car accident made him lose what was most precious to him; His ability to fight! Craving for his past glory days he turns to fencing with the hope to regain what he once had?

Original webcomic: http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/view/attaque

Note: The author has explicitly split the storyline into multiple parts. These parts are represented by the Vol.#.
Go to Attaque Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

98 Comments

Starting to get bored of this manga, I dislike both main chars and i'm rooting for no one here. I might as well leave i guess.

Eh?
I only realized now, I was so busy looking at the overall scene and foils that I didn't notice it. He made the MC trip?
First I thought it was a natural, he rushed in, the other dodged, but now that I'm re-reading it...

Before I already wondered if in case opponents swapped places places if the combat would continue normally or they would have to come back to the starting position before the round came to an end.

But if he made the other trip then wouldn't that be against the rules? Won't he be penalized in this case?

Please keep in mind that I know nothing of fencing, so...please be kind? :(

But this is a sport, and before that it was a form of duel (although before that, it was for all-out battle).
So...what about rules/proper behavior?

(it was deserving though, I hope sesame oil -erm don't remember his name eeerrrm- isn't the only one remembering the past)

You ain't seen nothin'.

Shall we show them the true horrors of walls of text, Library-kun?

people on this page really have that wall of text down pat

You ain't seen nothin'.

oh boy mc is doing good...Too good...Fuck he is going to lose.

I think it would actually be better for his growth as a person if he lost.  This is just a school fencing competition; changing his outlook and realizing what he's really gained by reaching this point is what matters.

oh boy mc is doing good...Too good...Fuck he is going to lose.

people on this page really have that wall of text down pat

Oh shit, we have mindgames incoming. What do we do? Baits? Crossups? Empty jump-ins?

Oh I know.

2a2a2a2a2a2a2a2a2a2a2a2a2a2a2a2a 623C EX SHORYUUUU

I'm more of a broadsword and shield man, myself, so definitely edge oriented. 

Shields are vastly underestimated in modern times, both offensively and defensively.  Shields, even though they're basically crap at using them, is a big reason why the riot cops always crush the protesters.  I'd love to see a square in Turkey or Greece where the tens of thousands of protesters had shields.

I agree.  The whole point of a shield is to block and thrust, neck or groin.  A added bonus is arrow protection.  For anyone who's interested in learning how to use a sword and shield, I would recommend that they learn wrestling,  (in my opinion one of the best types of unarmed combat in a mass conflict) wrestling goes hand in hand with the western style of sword and shield combat, prominent throughout the ages.

I gotta say I've been liking the MC's mental journey.  He's doing a gradual shift.  I still say that at the start, he was a complete a-hole.  Plus he was kind of mentally frozen in an incredibly narrow headspace.  But he's been starting to see the limitations of his point of view, getting glimmerings of empathy and hints of a wider scope, wondering about the point of things, starting to take the next mental step.  He could eventually become somebody worthwhile at the rate he's going.

Whenever I read school themed manga and manhwa I feel like my own school time was rather lucky. I've neither been bullied nor anyone else in my class to my knowledge. The thing that comes closest to it would be a slightly fat boy and train nerd who was a little ostracised. Though its not like we didn't like him but it was hard to find a connection and he didn't initiate any conversations either.

No biggie.  I was a nerd (skinny tho), and if there's one thing I heartily wished for in high school it's that people would just leave me alone.  Just not being hassled would have been great; I had no real ambitions to be the life of the party, and little interest in the stuff most people were into.  He was probably fine with it as long as you weren't, you know, carefully shunning him or anything.

If thats the only point he receives it will be disappointing. 

MC is interesting, not usual generic "everyman". No one is purely right or wrong. Nice tension between rivals. Clearly top tier writing imo.

Whenever I read school themed manga and manhwa I feel like my own school time was rather lucky. I've neither been bullied nor anyone else in my class to my knowledge. The thing that comes closest to it would be a slightly fat boy and train nerd who was a little ostracised. Though its not like we didn't like him but it was hard to find a connection and he didn't initiate any conversations either.

that two months passed by fast

my god "I'll never appear in this series again!"

i left this unread for months and ahh.... rewarding!! ^^ 

nice MC development.. 

Kenshin?

Let me see if I got it right
The think-is-a-lion hyena is going after the hunter that was trying to tame the lion?

Did I get it right?
Wow, there are better ways to commit suicide.
God luck with that
*grabs popcorn*

The mc improved rapidly recently,  I think it's because the connection between how he fought as a fist fighter and how he can fight fencing just suddenly clicked.      And that other arrogant guy is feeling really low now realizing that Lessu lost a hand and that's why he wants to fence. 

Shields are vastly underestimated in modern times, both offensively and defensively.  Shields, even though they're basically crap at using them, is a big reason why the riot cops always crush the protesters.  I'd love to see a square in Turkey or Greece where the tens of thousands of protesters had shields.

I was attempting to still keep this in the realm of fencing and not historical swordfighting as they have literally nothing in common (by that I mean "fencing is more impractical"), but yes, I agree with the edge remark.

Shields do change the gameplay of fights considerably, yes. I will refrain from comparing it with a single-sword style because I don't have experience in using shields in anything other than Legend of Zelda, and because there is a lot of give and take involved. I suspect that the police are crap at using because 1) they don't want to make incidents of police brutality too evident and 2) they're fat from eating too many donuts. I imagine it must be annoying trying to stop people without using undue force, then getting scorched by ppl going "oshyt police brutality" when you snap. I'm not saying the police are right to snap, it's their damn job to keep their emotions under control, but...they're still humans.

How did I even come to talking about police brutality after initially commenting on saber > foil...good job me.

I agree, the foil sucks ass. Saber is best.

I say this as someone who stuck with the foil for roughly 5 years of his life and wondered every day why he couldn't just whack someone with the edge of the blade.

Well, it seems like you forgot about that part :

Spoiler

To have his whole body becoming weaker made him lost his arrogance, and I believe he was mainly strong because of his beast like aggressivity

Ah, there we go.  Yes, I did forget that.  Makes a bit more sense now.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics