Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.61 - 153votes)

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka Gaiden - Sword Oratoria

Alt Names: alt ダンジョンに出会いを求めるのは間違っているだろうか 外伝 ソード・オラトリアalt DanMachi Gaiden: Sword Oratoriaalt Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Sword Oratoriaalt 소드 오라토리아
Author: Oomori Fujino
Artist: Yagi Takashi
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: This is an adaptation of the Sword Oratoria side story light novels to Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka. It covers the story of one of the strongest 1st class adventurer, "Sword Princess" Ais Wallenstein, and her desire to reach even greater heights with her friends in the Loki Familia.

> Spin-off of Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/dungeon-ni-deai-wo-motomeru-no-wa-machigatteiru-darou-ka-r9803 )

Raw: http://www.ganganonline.com/contents/ais/
Go to Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka Gaiden - Sword Oratoria Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Bete's Character Development New Window LuckyVirgo
  • 2 Replies
Topic I'd rather read new chapters of the original than this spin-off, wouldn't you? New Window mancoo
  • 9 Replies

481 Comments

yes, Ais' dad truely looks like bell, but bell's grampa on the other hand........... He was truely...... epic. (pun intended, you'd get it if you knew who he is) .

I feel a little bit uncomfortable with them hinting Ais and Bell should go together. I love the feeling of "two against the world" with Bell and Kami-sama.

Me too.
Both are orphans and Ais dad look a lot like a grown up Bell.

I doubt it. Sometime girls fall for guys who resembles their father, eventually she will bump into someone who look like him, that is all.

You know what? I am half expecting the protagonist of the main series to be her brother.

Me too.

Both are orphans and Ais dad look a lot like a grown up Bell.

a lot of updates of this and the 4-koma but the original not have a shit wtf

ikr? even the 4koma gets faster trans than the main story, it's like railgun spinoff to index all over again...

different scanlator group, different speed, this gets scanlated almost as fast as the new raws come out, meanwhile the main dungeon is stuck on 16 with raws on 24(and it's a bi-weekly/monthly series).

You know what? I am half expecting the protagonist of the main series to be her brother.

a lot of updates of this and the 4-koma but the original not have a shit wtf

This manga asdfasdf It's such an Ais HNNNG MOE the manga!

But aside from showing just how super cute Ais is, it also adds a lot of depth to the main story. Ais is such an enigma from Bell's POV that she doesn't feel like a real person. Though that might actually be on purpose, to show how Bell views Ais with some kind of high pedestal. The way this spinoff manga humanizes Ais and the other Loki's familia characters is really something. I especially enjoyed the peek into Ais' psyche from CH5.

Meh but the end was a sour point though. Bate was annoying in the main story, but when you see his terrible facial expression it and the way he acts, it really compounds it. The way it ruined the atmosphere and got into Ais head was just a critical blow. To be fair he was drunk, but even so the words he says were likely his real feelings. It also reveals just what kind of character he is. A rather thoughtless, petty, insensitive guy who has NO IDEA AT ALL how to interact with the object of his affections. He's like a little immature kid that bullies the girl he likes and doesn't know it's making her hate him.

While he IS immature, it's pretty obvious that his whole "trash" philosophy has more to it. I wouldn't  be surprised if he belittles and insults the weak to emphasize the idea that being weak is not okay. To me, all his insults sound like they're directed at his past self. He probably saw himself as "trash" before, and is resolute in never becoming weak like that again.

Well, i'm really loving the premise of this manga. Hope it keeps up.

This manga asdfasdf It's such an Ais HNNNG MOE the manga!

But aside from showing just how super cute Ais is, it also adds a lot of depth to the main story. Ais is such an enigma from Bell's POV that she doesn't feel like a real person. Though that might actually be on purpose, to show how Bell views Ais with some kind of high pedestal. The way this spinoff manga humanizes Ais and the other Loki's familia characters is really something. I especially enjoyed the peek into Ais' psyche from CH5.

Meh but the end was a sour point though. Bate was annoying in the main story, but when you see his terrible facial expression it and the way he acts, it really compounds it. The way it ruined the atmosphere and got into Ais head was just a critical blow. To be fair he was drunk, but even so the words he says were likely his real feelings. It also reveals just what kind of character he is. A rather thoughtless, petty, insensitive guy who has NO IDEA AT ALL how to interact with the object of his affections. He's like a little immature kid that bullies the girl he likes and doesn't know it's making her hate him.

Even if he's super annoying, I find it annoying when Ais didn't speak up and tell him to shut the hell up.

Her mental state is a lot more fragile than what's seen.

In a way she's similar to Bell that both have one straight forward objective.

Spoiler

That is not really how level and stats work in this series though.  Instead of levels in a game, they are more like ranks, since regardless how much you grind you won't just level up after getting enough xp, you have to go through something like a personal trial to get a level up.

Spoiler

With stats, what is listed are not the current stats. Base and total not shown, just what is gained. Also at level up, the gain stats are added to the hidden Base stats, become the new hidden base stats and all stats start at 0 again.    

So lets say 2 adventurer with base STR of 100.  a level 1 with 403 STR will have natural Base 100 STR + 403 STR for 503 STR, But a level 4 with 555 STR could have add an extra 1000 to his base STR at every level up, so total could have 3655 STR,  Though that is only if they preformed actions to gain those extra STR stats between each level up.

Spoiler

...I see. now I get it.

Thank you for the info, that was clear up a lot about level and stats system.

Ais isn't really one to argue with people. Not to mention that Bate is drunk. Would waste energy arguing with a drunk?

Even if he's super annoying, I find it annoying when Ais didn't speak up and tell him to shut the hell up.

<3 Ais's story, more character development for her!

be the hero you want others to be, an interesting thought process 

That is not really how level and stats work in this series though.  Instead of levels in a game, they are more like ranks, since regardless how much you grind you won't just level up after getting enough xp, you have to go through something like a personal trial to get a level up.

Spoiler

With stats, what is listed are not the current stats. Base and total not shown, just what is gained. Also at level up, the gain stats are added to the hidden Base stats, become the new hidden base stats and all stats start at 0 again.    

So lets say 2 adventurer with base STR of 100.  a level 1 with 403 STR will have natural Base 100 STR + 403 STR for 503 STR, But a level 4 with 555 STR could have add an extra 1000 to his base STR at every level up, so total could have 3655 STR,  Though that is only if they preformed actions to gain those extra STR stats between each level up.

Spoiler

don't forget that the assumed max is 999 and ais stats aren't going up that much so pretty much no one would go that high and if they do it at the earliest possible moment a lvl 5 would have 2500 str minimum

he still only lvl 1 => status range is very small, even low class advanture lvl 1 already can reach 403STR but supper rare first class advanture is only 555STR

Well, Bell still lvl 1 so he can grow fast (a few days), and it's been 3 years since AIS reach level 5 and she non-stop battle with army of high level mobs, solo boss but only add a few status(6 STR, 7END).

just like in PSO2 that I play, it took me a few day (or a week) to lvl 69 to reach lvl 70 and I have +4 more HP, but with that EXP to gain a level from 69 to 70, I can up from lvl 1 to lvl 45 and counting I have +350 more HP (gain about 8750% times greater as status increase).

Spoiler

from the view, my lvl 70 (years time play with 500+ HP) only about 15% stronger in status compare to lvl 45 (weeks time play with 430+ HP) but it can cause like 10-30 times damage and endure 10-20 times damage taken (because of ability /skill / equipment from lvl 70). I don't know how status in this manga work though.

PS: party with AIS in a only two person raid to 50th dungeon to gain party EXP share may rise Bell status enough to be a level 5 advanture.  :P

Spoiler

Spoiler

Something feels weird here:

Spoiler

Seems like the range is very small?

Only Lv 1~5...

A=800~?

B=700~799

C=600~699

D=500~599

E=400~499

F=300~399

G=200~299

H=0~199

Did I get that right? Bell will catch up in no time :D

How to level up anyway? With that stat, Bell would probably be lvl 2 or maybe lvl 3...

he still only lvl 1 => status range is very small, even low class advanture lvl 1 already can reach 403STR but supper rare first class advanture is only 555STR

Well, Bell still lvl 1 so he can grow fast (a few days), and it's been 3 years since AIS reach level 5 and she non-stop battle with army of high level mobs, solo boss but only add a few status(6 STR, 7END).

just like in PSO2 that I play, it took me a few day (or a week) to lvl 69 to reach lvl 70 and I have +4 more HP, but with that EXP to gain a level from 69 to 70, I can up from lvl 1 to lvl 45 and counting I have +350 more HP (gain about 8750% times greater as status increase).

Spoiler

from the view, my lvl 70 (years time play with 500+ HP) only about 15% stronger in status compare to lvl 45 (weeks time play with 430+ HP) but it can cause like 10-30 times damage and endure 10-20 times damage taken (because of ability /skill / equipment from lvl 70). I don't know how status in this manga work though.

PS: party with AIS in a only two person raid to 50th dungeon to gain party EXP share may rise Bell status enough to be a level 5 advanture.  :P

So Ais got Hunter as her first development ability?

That's cool to know, but it's ranked G so I guess it also resets when you level up, like your normal stats.

Yes, her romanized name is Aizu (From アイズ) . But translating her name to a European language (english, portuguese, spanish, french etc...) it would be Ais (Pronounced like the English word Eyes).

In the character booklet, author wrote her name as Ais in English, The name Aizu (romanization) was used by translators before that. So for consistency's sake, the work before that still use Aizu, while new works use the correct name.

Isn't her name Aizu?

Yes, her romanized name is Aizu (From アイズ) . But translating her name to an European language (english, portuguese, spanish, french etc...) it would be Ais (Pronounced like the English word Eyes).

Isn't her name Aizu?

Something feels weird here:

Spoiler

Seems like the range is very small?

Only Lv 1~5...

A=800~?

B=700~799

C=600~699

D=500~599

E=400~499

F=300~399

G=200~299

H=0~199

Did I get that right? Bell will catch up in no time :D

How to level up anyway? With that stat, Bell would probably be lvl 2 or maybe lvl 3...

From the LN: 

"After <Level Up>, the basic abilities and proficiencies are reset to its initial values. It will begin once again from I0. However, the accumulated values in the abilities will not disappear. It seems that it will be act as potential values (Extra Point) and will be reflected into the <Status>. Gods seem to call this as <Hidden Parameters>."

Loki was referring to Hestia when she mentioned gods that can't lock the status didn't she?  Bell's status is only hidden by his clothes after all.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics