Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

I'd rather read new chapters of the original than this spin-off, wouldn't you?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

mancoo

mancoo

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

I hope solitary scans start translating the original rather than this one! If there are any in first place.

dmljr

dmljr

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

The manga version based on the  original LNs are already being translated by another group.

It would be a waste of Solitary Translation's time to pick up that version,also since they mainly translate LNs.

Samken

Samken

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationBrazil

They're already translating the originals (That is, the Light Novels, the original media that forked the manga and this spin-off). But if you're talking about the original light novels of this spin-off, illustrated by Haimura Kyotaka (To Aru Majutsu no Index Illustrator), i do agree. But it's their choice, not yours to decide.

Edited by Samken, 11 September 2014 - 09:47 PM.

Troommate

Troommate

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 28 posts

Same here I understand your point. mancoo

I do like them showing the story from another point of view (spin off). But would of rather-ed if they had gone further into the storyline before introducing a spin off.

klZ9Psp.gif

One of the most bad-ass blocks in anime :D

jake1456

jake1456

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts

its better they did before vol 3 since they mention the events in the beginning of this spinoff in it

Cake-kun

Cake-kun

Potato

• Contributor
  • 160 posts
  • LocationNot on your plate, hopefully

this has LN too, and it's official/canon. It's not some cheesy spin-off you're thinking, so I'm not sure why you sound bitter

jonuiuc

jonuiuc

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
Hell I think this story is better than the main story surprisingly.

Iantegee

Iantegee

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts

To be blunt. No.

bk3k

bk3k

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

While I like the original, I find the so called spinoff to be far superior.  If anything I would prefer that both continue to get done even if that did slow one or the other(which it doesn't since different groups are handling each).

But neither your nor my preferences really matter here.  Scanlators translate what THEY want to read, and they are kind enough to share the results of their efforts with us.  End of story.

Lillady

Lillady

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Hell to the NO! The spin off is wayy more interesting than the original. I can barely get through all the chapters of the original without thinking "Are they really doing this again." It's not super boring per say but we've all seen this type of manga before: The cliche boy who wants to get stronger and suddenly gets stronger quickly than imagined by some unknown power of his. I only turn to the original just to see some Ais moments.  ^_^

giphy.gif