Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.63 - 481votes)

Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki

Alt Names: alt A Certain Middle-Aged Man's VRMMO Activity Logalt とあるおっさんのVRMMO活動記alt To Aru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudoukialt 某大叔的vrmmo活动记
Author: Shiina Howahowa
Artist: Rikudou Shuuya
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyCooking CookingFantasy FantasyHarem HaremSci-fi Sci-fiSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Typical company employee Tanaka Daichi(38 years old, single) loves games and plays a new type of VRMMO called "One More Free Life Online" under the username "Earth". Inside this free world he chose several skills that are generally regarded as useless. Be it wasting time crafting potions, cooking up pointlessly tasty food, or hunting monsters with some absurd weapon he crafted, he simply enjoys playing the game.

Original Webcomic:
http://www.alphapolis.co.jp/manga/viewOpening/658000067/
Go to Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Lates chapter discussion New Window Freenight
  • 40 Replies
Topic Suggestions? New Window Creecha
  • 4 Replies
Topic Light Novel Of This Manga??? New Window TeamdichJustT
  • 8 Replies

1201 Comments

Now even this manga is cooking manga.

OP: Check (in future probrably)

MC?: Check

have a idiot friend?: Check

Can craft?: Check

Can cooking?: Check

Everyone understimate him?: Check

result: Weed Jr. (whitout the greed for money)

Guess I can agree with it that most of what /ak/ picks up is interesting.

Now even this manga is cooking manga.

My opinion about this series:

Spoiler

Man, that ossan is insanely good.

awesome ranger.

I like where this is going.

ak scans have such great taste in Manhwa/Manga. 

The monsters are the same as in "RE:Monster"

yeah they looks a lot like , especially the horned rabbit

Yeah buddy, keep it up ak scans! This looks like it'll be a good one

I just fell in love with it. Thanks for the awesomeness

His kicking style from that rabbit fight, epic :D.

Manufacture and carpentry to create bows and arrows.

Cooking and apothecary to make poison for your arrows.

Eagle eye, Archery and wind magic to shoot ultra precise, homing and wind powered arrows. Wind magic might also give flight or boost movement (wind powered kick ? or extra escape).

Stealth for sneaky critical shoots. And the description is : moving cancels it. It could be that at a sufficient level, he can shoot without revealing himself. At a higher level stealthy arrows could arrive.

You also need higher strength to shoot a bigger bow so the physical boost is also logical here. 

Only the kicking has limited use here but having at least one defensive move can help. And if it kicks the enemy away, it synergizes with a shooter build.

He actually made really decent choices for his skills and last but not least he has a tremendous advantage. As he mainly picked skills that aren't popular, most players won't be used to face them and will have little counter to them. Stealth detection will probably not be a priority to most players if stealth is considered so weak. Most defenses will probably against magic or melee combat and not geared towards shooters.

Archery + Strength = Dragon Slayer Bow

Arrows + Wind = Homing Arrow

You guys seriously lack gaming experiences.

Hehe, I see where it's going
archery+stealth=critical hit
Archery+wind magic=powerful penetrating shoot
Archery+potion creation = poisoned arrows
Archery+stats boost = all around DMG boost
Archery+kicks = good combo, where you have bow for long range and kicks for melee range, plus you don't need to switch weapons
Kicks+wind magic = possible swift movements/evades
He's skills can work really good together - I don't believe he didn't have some theory about it, when he picked them.

>VRMMO where each player has 10 skill slots. Skills can be switched out at will, but only 10 can be active at a time

>Using a skill levels it up, once it reaches a certain level you get skill points which you can use to learn new skills

>MC picks skills that are generally considered useless

>They include Archery, Apothecary, Cooking, Manufacturer, Eagle Eye

>An item's effect can change depending on the procedure used. Recipes for items are not listed on wikis

>He gets a Fire attribute Fox as a pet

Seems like it's completely plagiarizing Only Sense Online except without the 'MC being a trap' setting

http://ncode.syosetu.com/n4527bc/

hey i cant read japanese and also i only have atlas so i have no idea what that about

>VRMMO where each player has 10 skill slots. Skills can be switched out at will, but only 10 can be active at a time

>Using a skill levels it up, once it reaches a certain level you get skill points which you can use to learn new skills

>An item's effect can change depending on the procedure used. Recipes for items are not listed on wikis

Seems like it's completely plagiarizing Only Sense Online except without the 'MC being a trap' setting

I don't really care if such utterly generic aspects of the setting are plagiarized...? So far I'm more concerned as to what the author is going to do when this lackadaisical exploration-of-game-mechanics is over with.

On a completely different note, there's no way MMO gamers wouldn't have worked out the bit about stealth archery almost immediately--never underestimate the problem-solving skills of nerds in aggregate. If it actually ends up being his 'secret trump card that no one else thought of,' I'm going to be very amused XD

Heh. Archery + Stealth = useless.

Have none of these guys ever played Elder Scrolls or something?:/

Except for "Wind" (because there's no comparible skill) it actually reminds me of my favorite Elder Scrolls builds. Though to be fair "Eagle Eye" wasn't one of the skills considered useless.

Wind can send arrows farther :P

Archery+Stealth+Apothecary+Eagle Eye+Wind, yeah "useless" alright.

Except for "Wind" (because there's no comparible skill) it actually reminds me of my favorite Elder Scrolls builds. Though to be fair "Eagle Eye" wasn't one of the skills considered useless.

same kind of story than LMS or Ark ^^

did you seriously compared LMS with this manga, this manga is still new and hasn't developed its story yet, who knows where the author gonna take the story.

p.s if its end up with the same style as LMS i think this one pale in comparison, just like comparing bingryong to kobold :P

The MC seems like a bro already.

cant wait for you to translate other alphapolis manga, even though the monthly release would be a pain.

for this issue u need contact the tl's :P

cant wait for you to translate other alphapolis manga, even though the monthly release would be a pain.

Since ak is translating its more likely to be a monthly but I don't know for sure

Monthly (if i do a manga,99% of it be monthly :D )

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics