Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.53 - 519votes)

World Customize Creator

Alt Names: alt ワールド・カスタマイズ・クリエーター
Author: Hero Tennki
Artist: Hijikata Yuu
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyMartial Arts Martial ArtsSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Tagami Yusuke, led by a mysterious voice, is summoned to another world, "Caltsio". He was just a young video game lover, but Fate decided to make him become the "Evil God of Calamity" of this world, obtaining the ability to create and customize everything, [Customize Creation].

obs: This a rough (edited) translation of the synopsis.
web-raws: http://www.alphapolis.co.jp/manga/viewOpening/842000050/

Adaptation of the web/light novel series.
Go to World Customize Creator Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic What would you customise? New Window moridain
  • 50 Replies
Topic Light Novel/ Web Novel New Window CraniumAmbiguity
  • 11 Replies
Topic wikia New Window kamerond4
  • 0 Replies
Topic Interesting... updates? New Window RumbleRoar
  • 7 Replies

906 Comments

How does an evil god of calamity who can customize things destroy the world?

By destroying the world's economy :P (reference to when he changed the green currency to a red one)

On that note, I love how the old man appears to be well learned and principled enough to understand why that's a terrible idea... but pockets the money anyway. Way to go, pragmatism~

I can sort of understand how he's taking the whole other world thing so casually. The whole reality probably hasn't really set in yet for him. He was outside playing video games (cheating) and suddenly he's somewhere else and has natural video game cheats at his finger tips that effect the world around him giving him god like power while there. Rather than panicking he's going into full ADD overload. He keep comparing the world to video games and comics so it's easy to think he's not panicking. He's read/played stories like what's happening to him before so his interest is higher than his concern for now.

The seriousness of his situation probably won't really set in for him until some real nasty shit goes down. My prediction is some serious shit is going to go down in the village while he's away. Something like him coming back to them having all been attacked or taken as slaves since the old man is no longer there to protect them.

By destroying the world's economy :P (reference to when he changed the green currency to a red one)

customizing doesnt always result in just making things  (or making them better), there is also the ability to destroy or make things worse as a result depending on what you do.

in this case he made some walls while also making holes, since he can customize the entire place as a stack-item its possible he could flatten the whole structure to the ground so that there are no longer different levels for your social position etc.

whats even cooler though is how he doesnt have to use his hands to customize things, he does for making it easier on himself but he can do it with just his mind in the case he is bound or loses a limb ;P

Ancient Technique! "Old-Man-Monologue-Jutsu"!
Zeshald is certainly a wise and powerful man, to know this this forbidden Jutsu!
XD

"i like this manga, keep 'em coming"

Please wrap long comments in spoiler tags. Cant believe this happens in a newly uploaded manga..

I might be a bit more understanding if he seemed to actually be all that worried about being in another world, as normal people would.:/

Wait a minute, aren't you being arrogant and narrow here?

"as normal people would"

What do you know about what's normal and what's not? What even is normality? I always say to people: if you think you know normal, then you haven't graduated from the Internet or you suffer from an Attention Deficit Disorder.

The only man who can decide the truth of normality is one who has read the mind of every individual human on this planet and gathered up the general majority common traits, and even then he would be faced with the fact that humanity is dynamic and that norms constantly change (take for instance the difference between humanity now and humanity 600 years ago from cultural to religious to ideological norms that project themselves onto personality and character easily), as well as the fact that individualism exists as humanity isn't a mindhive.

If the Internet should teach you anything, it's that "normality" is just a superficial outer shell you perceive in the real world and the truth is what is for instance revealed through anonymity thanks to the Internet, which is currently the closest you can get to mind-reading humanity as a whole.

Sexual fetishes being one of the examples that people who you would never expect to even think about having weird fetishes or being "dirty" actually are, ergo the perceived "normality" is just bollocks.

Or even the fact that i bet a pretty damn lot of people here keep their manga/anime viewing hobby under the surface and they know that some of their acquaintances wouldn't even suspect that they have this hobby to whom this wouldn't exactly be categorized as "normal" especially if you are over 20.

If you have spent enough time outside of the cave communicating with many a people, if anything, you would learn that in regards to action/reaction, perspective/viewpoints, personality/attitude, wants/needs, everyone differs in one way or another as individualism warrants it,

and thus "normality" in regards to how people react, or are, doesn't really exist.

The only "normality" is the one you subjectively project and perceive because you identify with it, or intentionally want projected upon humanity.

So if you wanted realism in regard to the character, this manga i realistic so far in regards to putting an individual character with his own way of reacting to such a situation, as humanity does, and always will, have such individuals.

The real question now is whether the author has the skills to keep the MC from going out of character unless an extensively well made development of the character, and proper portrayal, warrants changes.

I might be a bit more understanding if he seemed to actually be all that worried about being in another world, as normal people would.:/

Uh, if he was actually affected by the transition to another world, he'd be a THOUSAND TIMES BETTER than he is now. Like, holy shit, what kind of person just goes 'meh' when he's been ripped away from family, friends and the comfortable life he'd lived in to live in a world where people are normally oppressed and discriminated against on the basis of their hair color/god choice, where none of the modern amenities are available (no modern plumbing, no internet, nothing) and where he apparently exists so that he can be propped up as an evil villain for people to hate and fight? Any person who isn't affected, who doesn't panic, worry, or whatever demonstrates himself to have the emotional range of a teaspoon, and/or insane. It's like the author went 'nah, this is too heavy, I'll just go on with the plot, not like anybody really cares about this right?'

Well, not everyone is the same. You may love your current life but that's not true for everyone. Personnally, I don't know how I would react but I may react like the MC. I should also add anyone in this situation may probably have real trouble to knows how to react given the incredible change in situation (I think you would be really stunned, trying to process everything) and that we can only imagine our reaction because no one have ever experienced such a situation.

Moreover, the world he is in doesn't seem so bad you make it sound : no one except the water mage and Sun knows who he is supposed to be so it doesn't create trouble for him. He has also been told about discrimination and oppression but didn't get to experiment it yet. Then, people were able to live without modern plumbing for centuries (and old people still alive have known such a situation). And just to end, if you are ever send in a new world to discover with an incredible power to learn, I think you should be occupied enough to live without Internet (Hell, only the youngest people have always lived with Internet, most people over than 30 years old have lived their youth without it).

Looks interesting so far, thanks for the releases!

MOAR!!!! Lovin' it so far, thx for the scanlations /ak/. Also this manga seems right up yalls alley http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=107199

the Ln and manga dont have a tl :(

Uh, if he was actually affected by the transition to another world, he'd be a THOUSAND TIMES BETTER than he is now. Like, holy shit, what kind of person just goes 'meh' when he's been ripped away from family, friends and the comfortable life he'd lived in to live in a world where people are normally oppressed and discriminated against on the basis of their hair color/god choice, where none of the modern amenities are available (no modern plumbing, no internet, nothing) and where he apparently exists so that he can be propped up as an evil villain for people to hate and fight? Any person who isn't affected, who doesn't panic, worry, or whatever demonstrates himself to have the emotional range of a teaspoon, and/or insane. It's like the author went 'nah, this is too heavy, I'll just go on with the plot, not like anybody really cares about this right?'

As it is, I'm still reading it, but the main character doesn't seem to interact much with the story at all - he's just 'there'.

Note: I've only read up to the 4th chapter, and will be reading later, so maybe all this would change. However, I decided to put forward my argument now because you're arguing about keeping the state of things that were there in the 4th chapter.

Well, we've just seen the updates of chapter 5-7, and it seems that he has been training himself to use it. But as you saw, it is clearly not perfect. :P But that was some sweet combat customizing, and he's even said that he can't customize himself or living beings in general. So, we already found the limit in his powers that they only work on the non-living things o:

pretty interesting, I like how things are going. reminds me a little of Gate - JSDF because of the sudden chapter ends (although so far many of /ak/ scanlations releases tend to be that way)

From what I've seen in chapter one, MC's body split or duplicated itself and the duplicate got transferred to the other world. Am I correct?

I read again he wanted customize powers only. Its just like fma except he cant create anything without that panel and he dont know how to fight, he really weak

MOAR!!!! Lovin' it so far, thx for the scanlations /ak/. Also this manga seems right up yalls alley http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=107199

It's minecraft all over again

I actually enjoy the slow start. Manga that dive head-first into the "mechanics" of the MC's power often devolve into monster-of-the-week or endless-montage-of-bosses territory rather quickly: The series starts by being about the protagonist's ability rather than about the protagonist, and then hijinks and cliches ensue to prolong whatever ostensibly passes for a plot.

Actually, this doesn't start by being 'about the protagonist' either as much as it starts with world-building. But that doesn't have the perspective-narrowing problem that spending your first four chapters introducing the MC's power would have; the story and characters have lots of room to grow easily, if they want to.

Chapter 1 page 2. He got tossed out of the house. So yes, being in a new world, where he has a very valuable and useful ability, and can get respect for it IS A MASSIVE IMPROVEMENT.

As for the "meh" reaction, the guy's a gamer. This plotline is so common, that even I'd have that reaction. "Wait a sec. I'm ACTUALLY in another world? Let's see where this goes then."

*Sigh* Chapter F-ing one... he just kicked out of his house by his mother for being a neet... he's playing a game where he can't customize enough without the need to grind more... some voice yanks him from his boring life and tosses him into a world where he HAS A SPECIAL FUCKING POWER... this power lets him play with the world in whatever way he chooses... this is the power HE WANTED... he doesn't need to grind he doesn't need to deal with all the shit in the modern world not to mention none of the people in that village gave him much grief for being a God of Calamity.

Sure one guy messed with his garden and that wasn't even because of him being the GoC... what I mean is that it wasn't enough shit to make him regret coming into this world. Now if he lost a few limbs, gets chased out of the village, sentenced to death, and tortured... I could understand.

By the way he never mentioned any friends so I'm gonna assume he doesn't have any or doesn't care for em. The only person he mentioned is his mother... which just kicked him out. So ya... if I was in his shoes I wouldn't care about going back. I'd enjoy my new found powers to the fullest. 

Also he doesn't need "modern amenities" he could just create/invent/modify/customize whatever he needs/wants.

Comfortable life? He's living in the streets. Now in this new world he's living with a girl his age... why wouldn't he want to stay in this world? 

You guys do realize that by 'kicked out' it likely means he was forced outside the house by his mother because he spends too much time cooped up in there, right? More 'go outside and feel the sunshine' than 'get out of my home, you bastard!'

Otherwise, his casual attitude makes no fucking sense - or maybe the author's showing he can't do the MC's emotions, again, who knows.

Assuming he has no friends is also ... pretty reaching. Like, he has no one in his old world he'd miss? Why did the author never comment on that, then? It'd be a pretty easy and nice way to show why he's so invested in this new world, and he's certainly interacting with other people rather casually, so it's not like he lacks the social skills for them.

He's also never really customized any kind of amenity like a TV, computer, console, whatever. Considering the level of commentary changing a green gem into a red gem got, it's kind of hard to believe he can even do this. His ability has quite a few limitations - he seems incapable of customizing himself, for instance.

tl;dr - the MC does come off as overly blase about everything, and the author never explores all these facets involved - none of the questions that come with the transition to another world are touched on, and the story's poorer for it.

Now, all that said, I am enjoying it quite a bit more after the 4th chapter. The situations he gets into serve to showcase his character and personality a bit more, the city construction he engages in and the reactions are fun to read about, etc.

errr for those who has no idea about his power just read the title

World Customize Creator

customize as if on game. you need ingredient but not necessarily have same amount of customize item. his power is.. Custom and create

So this is what happens when you arm a guy with a level editor in game.  Might as well be Garry's Mod for him, which of course would be a blast.

I'm really looking for two things here as the story develops;

1.) Complexity - Don't just press buttons that we don't get to see, tell me what his operating limits are and show me a system so I can watch him master it.  I will root for him the entire way.

2.) Creativity - Surpass the limitations of that system by being innovative and blowing everyone's minds.

I like the concept and I see that there's some actual world building (pun intended) going on in the story, but things will really get good if we see more of 1 and 2.

I'm just waiting for the character to darken, and maybe start customizing living beings, that would be interesting, Having the power of an infinite lvl editor in a world, Talk about cheats to the max.

Uh, if he was actually affected by the transition to another world, he'd be a THOUSAND TIMES BETTER than he is now. Like, holy shit, what kind of person just goes 'meh' when he's been ripped away from family, friends and the comfortable life he'd lived in...

Chapter 1 page 2. He got tossed out of the house. So yes, being in a new world, where he has a very valuable and useful ability, and can get respect for it IS A MASSIVE IMPROVEMENT.

As for the "meh" reaction, the guy's a gamer. This plotline is so common, that even I'd have that reaction. "Wait a sec. I'm ACTUALLY in another world? Let's see where this goes then."

As it is, I'm still reading it, but the main character doesn't seem to interact much with the story at all - he's just 'there'.

Note: I've only read up to the 4th chapter, and will be reading later, so maybe all this would change. However, I decided to put forward my argument now because you're arguing about keeping the state of things that were there in the 4th chapter.

*Sigh* Chapter F-ing one... he just kicked out of his house by his mother for being a neet... he's playing a game where he can't customize enough without the need to grind more... some voice yanks him from his boring life and tosses him into a world where he HAS A SPECIAL FUCKING POWER... this power lets him play with the world in whatever way he chooses... this is the power HE WANTED... he doesn't need to grind he doesn't need to deal with all the shit in the modern world not to mention none of the people in that village gave him much grief for being a God of Calamity.

Sure one guy messed with his garden and that wasn't even because of him being the GoC... what I mean is that it wasn't enough shit to make him regret coming into this world. Now if he lost a few limbs, gets chased out of the village, sentenced to death, and tortured... I could understand.

By the way he never mentioned any friends so I'm gonna assume he doesn't have any or doesn't care for em. The only person he mentioned is his mother... which just kicked him out. So ya... if I was in his shoes I wouldn't care about going back. I'd enjoy my new found powers to the fullest. 

Also he doesn't need "modern amenities" he could just create/invent/modify/customize whatever he needs/wants.

Comfortable life? He's living in the streets. Now in this new world he's living with a girl his age... why wouldn't he want to stay in this world? 

It's a bit too vague about what his powers can actually do.

Err, dude, he isn't creating nothing out nothing, if you payed the least amount of attention, you'd see that he alters already existing things, he made his clothes out of a large piece of cloth for example.

If you payed the least amount of attention, you'd see that he never said that the MC is creating nothing out of nothing

"Philosopher stone? PFFT Lemme just create more shit outta existing shit."

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics