Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Light Novel/ Web Novel

world customize creator light novel web novel translation ln wb

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

CraniumAmbiguity

CraniumAmbiguity

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationUnknown

So I went looking around and I can't seem to find the light/web novel translations.

In my search I managed to find a form that has some translations of summaries (can be found under Brin A'sair  here).

From what I can tell the web raws are at least avalible here.

As far as I can tell no one has picked this up yet.

Am I missing something? Does anyone know of a translator group that has picked this up that I didn't notice? If not, is anyone wiling to to pick it up?

Edit:

translator (Vikazz).

secondary/alternate translator (Lunate)

Please be kind, as to not scare them off.

Edit2: It appears that they will be working together from now on for faster updates.(or not? Not sure whats going on anymore.)

Ch list:

porlouge   (VIkazz aka baka367)     

Ch1         (VIkazz aka baka367)      Pro/ch1       (Lunate)

Ch2         (VIkazz aka baka367)      Ch2            (Lunate)

Ch3         (VIkazz aka baka367)      Ch3            (Lunate)

Ch4         (VIkazz aka baka367)      Ch4            (Lunate)

Ch5         (VIkazz aka baka367)      Ch5            (Lunate)

Ch6         (VIkazz aka baka367)      Ch6            (Lunate)

Ch7         (VIkazz aka baka367)      Ch7            (Lunate)

Ch8         (VIkazz aka baka367)      Ch8            (Lunate)

Ch9         (VIkazz aka baka367)      Ch9            (Lunate)

plz refer to their respective home pages for further updates.

Last edit:

The translations from these two seam to be: consistent, somewhat frequent, and well translated. As they don't appear to be stopping anytime soon I think it's safe to simply link to their respective pages.

baka367

Lunate

Edited by CraniumAmbiguity, 25 May 2015 - 10:21 AM.

korxysn

korxysn

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

theres a distinct lack of translation groups, or more accurately people that are willing to pick up and learn japanese writing... i was looking into it potentially but the alphabet is a complete pain. three seperate alphabets, two at about 40 characters, hiragana and katakana. kata isnt used very much (just for foreign words really)... and then kanji which is 2136 "common use" characters, though from what i read theres well past 10k characters total.

with that said im testing my ability to translate things without knowing the symbols... if i can do it then i would love to translate various light novels. i've been working on the first chapter of Knight's and Magic so far, and am about halfway through :| though i would find it hilarious if i learned japanese by doing this o.o

Edited by korxysn, 09 January 2015 - 07:47 AM.

CraniumAmbiguity

CraniumAmbiguity

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationUnknown

I apreciate out of the 375 views, over 26 days, someone finaly replies. And thus I thank you.

about learning japanese:

What you realy need is just the hiraganda, and work from there. If you truly are interested in learning japanese as a hoboy, or for what ever other reason, these links could be of some use.

1) hirargana-katakana ect  (some links even have special memory games for the symbols)

2) same stuff but broken down into leasons

3) special translator that may be usefull

4) some site I've never used but apparently someone sugested to me

about the translations:

When I posted this I was generaly looking for information. Sadly it apears my suspicions was right and there doesn't apear to be any translations yet. And as for oficial translating groups, how does one ask then to pick this up(politely)? I understand that one group can only efficiently translate so many with their given volunteers; and aparently there are a small number of groups to begin with. The problem is that I don't know who not only has the ability to pick it up, but also is wiling to do so. And if not an official translating group, what about a colaborated effort among individuals like what can sometimes be found on Baka-Tsuki?

Edited by CraniumAmbiguity, 11 January 2015 - 11:05 AM.

korxysn

korxysn

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

its dependent on the number of available translators and interest garnered in the series as a whole...

basically by putting this up, you did do the correct method to request someone translate the LN- after all, its how the re:monster initiative got kicked off. a bunch of randoms got together and are translating the project.

as to personally learning the language, i dont care to take the time to do so, but as my friend put it, i have a knack for... blindly flailing in foreign languages and getting it right :| so i'll prolly learn it as i go...

took me about two days (plus procrastination) to finish a single chapter, im literally on the last sentence trying to make sense of it lol

any rate, going back onto the topic of WCC... im not sure why no ones translated the series thus far, seems rather interesting. i will state that its one of the series im looking at to pick up, but unless i completely switch to it, its gonna be a minute

especially as were talking a goodly part of the year spent translating it at the rate i was going

Edited by korxysn, 11 January 2015 - 07:43 PM.

CraniumAmbiguity

CraniumAmbiguity

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationUnknown

I've seen other light novels behind in the mangas so this wasn't to much of a surprise to me. I guess we shall see how interested ppl are in WCC when more chapters from the manga come out. I can only hope other casual readers wil get sucked into this.

Nerazim

Nerazim

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

well, i'm rather interested in this series myself, although my knowledge of the Japanese language is deplorable...
so i wouldn't mind trying to translate the webnovel, given the time...
on the other hand, seeing as my proficiency with Japanese is around... i dunno, 2%? :mellow: so... if anyone wants help, to make it a group effort, i'm quite willing to put in what ever i can

vilkazz

vilkazz

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Since noone has started on this, i have decided to take op on this chance to get better at english/japanese. 

I have put the first chapters up on https://wcctranslation.wordpress.com/. 

Going to add more as i find the time to proofread them

CraniumAmbiguity

CraniumAmbiguity

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationUnknown

Since noone has started on this, i have decided to take op on this chance to get better at english/japanese. 

I have put the first chapters up on https://wcctranslation.wordpress.com/

Going to add more as i find the time to proofread them

Fixed your link. Also WOOOOT!!! An inocent soul has been draged into this; and so it begins. I look forward to your work honorable translator-san. May your efforts be fruitful and forever appreciated.

lygarx

lygarx

Potato

• Members
  • 170 posts

Check out my about page to see how I machine translate novels. Anyone can translate it well once they get some programs for it. With translation aggregator, you can split the raw text into individual words when you can't understand the machine and then look up each individual word. then use some basic context clues to figure out what it means. It is a lot of work, but if you want it done, you have to do it yourself. Go to https://versetranslations.wordpress.com/translation-app/to get the program I use. In comparison, most other methods are not as efficient.

Edited by lygarx, 05 April 2015 - 08:56 AM.

damienthedevil

damienthedevil

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationBorder of Gensokyo

If anyone has the raws of the Light Novel, please share it. Thank you in advance.

CraniumAmbiguity

CraniumAmbiguity

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationUnknown

If anyone has the raws of the Light Novel, please share it. Thank you in advance.

I posted the link to the web raws in the first comment. As for "Light Novel" raws they are not available to the general public legally (if they exist). Most translations you read come from the web novel raws.

Diogo

Diogo

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts

Can anyone tell me which LN chapter the manga is now at?