Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.16 - 1213votes)

Re:Monster

Alt Names: alt リ・モンスターalt Re Monsteralt Re:Monsteralt ReMonster
Author: Kanekiru Kogitsune
Artist: Kobayakawa Haruyoshi
Genres: Adventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyHarem HaremSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Tomokui Kanata has been re-incarnated into the weakest race, goblin, and given a new name, Rou, after having undergone an unfortunate death.
However, goblin Rou has retained his previous life's memories and ability to learn skills from what he eats.

In this alternate world of survival of the fittest, events unfold. Will a goblin party become the heroes of this world, in a delightful twist from your usual scenario?

Original webcomic: http://www.alphapolis.co.jp/manga/viewOpening/609000058/

Adaptation of light novel series written by Kanekiru Kogitsune

Web Novel translation: https://goo.gl/DzfDE9
Go to Re:Monster Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Similar MANGA/manhwa recommendations? New Window elbs
  • 42 Replies
Topic Elves chapter New Window KINT43E
  • 2 Replies
Topic Wondering if a Re:Monster Zero would be interesting New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 9 Replies
Topic Re:Monster Ch 28-32 Raws New Window Aneko
  • 0 Replies
Topic Keep it up No Group (and Clicli9 guy) New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 4 Replies
Topic Game Re:Monster New Window TeamdichJustT
  • 3 Replies

2190 Comments

Well, the 'fu(腐)' from 'fujoshi(腐女子)'  means 'rotten', and most likely a play with rotten ghoul theme of the character. Didn't read the raws so I don't know whether the kaji used for her name was 腐 or something else, but even if it's a different kanji, it's pretty easy to spot pun for Japanese.

This is what her names are both before becoming a Ghoul and after, in the WN. This is copied straight from the wiki page for her, btw. ^^

Hobgoblin Mage (subspecies) Hobufu (ホブ浮) Day 61
Ghoul Gurufu (グル腐) Day 81 (manga: Day 84)

Looks like they probably ARE using the same kanji there, so it probably IS a pun and a double entendre, heh.

I also recall in the novel's TL notes that Fu's name (and evolution) is actually a reference to being a fujoshi, as shown by her attitude towards the guys in the group in this chapter.

Yup, it's meant to be a reference both to that, and to the fact that she's now a Ghoul.

Bit of a spoiler about her, heh:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Wonder if his name ever gotten mentioned, i seemed to see him a lot but i didn't even know his name.

I don't THINK the name was ever mentioned, even in the WN/LN. Could be wrong on that I guess, though. *shrugs*

Besides reading several pages of comments, I have only read a couple chapters and don't intend to read any further. Can anyone tell me if some character in this manga even hints at the idea that by forcibly altering someone's mind you stop them from making choices of their own free will? Else I'll have to assume the author himself believes otherwise.

IMHO it's treated in a more or less laissez-faire way y'know? like, "oh ok no hard feelins mate". to me the primary attraction is how Rou keeps on evolving, and how his ability to absorb abilities kinda start snowballing once he gets a horde of them by just eating. i find it much amusing. also interesting how the author inserts new characters on the fly in a very sensible way, whereas most serieses just can't do it without a full character intro et al

Besides reading several pages of comments, I have only read a couple chapters and don't intend to read any further. Can anyone tell me if some character in this manga even hints at the idea that by forcibly altering someone's mind you stop them from making choices of their own free will? Else I'll have to assume the author himself believes otherwise.

From little gobs to massive ogres, Kichi's moments will always be what keeps me going and keep reading this drivel.

Spoiler

o_o

no wait...

O_O nani the fuck

KarchAmadeo
Aug 04 2017 03:27 AM

Any word on whether Re:Translations will continue the LN? Its been a bit past a year since the last release.

From little gobs to massive ogres, Kichi's moments will always be what keeps me going and keep reading this drivel.

Spoiler

He'll evolve into a goblin sage. Mark my words! XD

it's a "potential" thing. grandpa gob is already level 100, his stats were just too bad to evolve. are a couple gobs in rou's generation that didn't evolve ether, even though they got to 100.

Does anyone know why grandpa Gob never evolves? I fear his time is short...

He'll evolve into a goblin sage. Mark my words! XD

wait is it just me or the chapter about finding the sauna gone?

It was just uploaded or reuploaded? a few hours ago:

https://vatoto.com/reader#280bd5a5a599b8da

wait is it just me or the chapter about finding the sauna gone?

LHTranslation, appreciate that you picked this up, but please make note of the comments from other helpful folks with corrections on several incorrect names, typos, and misspellings/mistakes of various words, such as calling a woman "him" on chapter 34.

yes. to pinpoin the mistake, Hob Uki is definetly a girl.

"Let's take them over!"

Yeah, good luck with that.

*makes popcorn for the torture scenes to come*

THERE WILL BE NO LUBE

LHTranslation, appreciate that you picked this up, but please make note of the comments from other helpful folks with corrections on several incorrect names, typos, and misspellings/mistakes of various words, such as calling a woman "him" on chapter 34.

https://vatoto.com/reader#ccab86d51ebe380e_13

Fujoshi (rotten girl) ?

I presume she talk BL or something ... lolz ...

She's talking about which pairing works best, RouxOgrekichi or RouxSeiji in which she fancied the rivalry of pursuing strength between Rou and Ogrekichi or the gap of manly Rou and feminine Seiji... Well yeah, having a lot of fujo acquintances teaches me a lot of unnecesary things lol.

Please, upload again chapter 29.1, it was there days ago. This chapter 29 is only part 2

I'll preface this by saying that I DO appreciate you guys working on and releasing these chapters and everything.

That said...the grammar and spelling is...something else.

I have to ask...do you have any sort of editor working on this? Cause if so...they...uh...might wanna do a better job, heh.

There's just too many grammar and spelling mistakes for me to point out. It's READABLE for the most part, but the mistakes are so glaring that it's making the spelling and grammar fanatic in me want to punch something, haha. =x

I already reproofed it, hopefully it'll get fixed and reuploaded, but I don't have any power on that front. I could say what happened, but I don't think anyone cares that much~(tuffymon)

Spoiler

Wonder if his name ever gotten mentioned, i seemed to see him a lot but i didn't even know his name.

https://vatoto.com/reader#ccab86d51ebe380e_13

Fujoshi (rotten girl) ?

I presume she talk BL or something ... lolz ...

finally, the first kemonomimi waifu appears!

Spoiler

I also recall in the novel's TL notes that Fu's name (and evolution) is actually a reference to being a fujoshi, as shown by her attitude towards the guys in the group in this chapter.

Well, the 'fu(腐)' from 'fujoshi(腐女子)'  means 'rotten', and most likely a play with rotten ghoul theme of the character. Didn't read the raws so I don't know whether the kaji used for her name was 腐 or something else, but even if it's a different kanji, it's pretty easy to spot pun for Japanese.

Dodomeki is a QT

A QT

Its time for some sweet rebellion.

RIP random slaves

Oh dear....someone should really tell that poor dumb SoB on the last page what happened to the last guy who though he could take over the tribe.

I'm thinking a new example is needed

I think it was mentioned that they used chimeras (this should NOT be Kimura in the raws, lol) and demihumans as slaves in one of the last couple of chapters.

...as for the second question...I'll put the answer in spoilers below (since it's fairly long, heh)...

Spoiler

All that said...I sense that some former slave curbstomping is in the immediate future for that guy in the last panel (and any others who happen to follow him), heh. XD

Hope the next chapter doesn't take too long to come out~ ^^

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics