Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.16 - 1213votes)

Re:Monster

Alt Names: alt リ・モンスターalt Re Monsteralt Re:Monsteralt ReMonster
Author: Kanekiru Kogitsune
Artist: Kobayakawa Haruyoshi
Genres: Adventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyHarem HaremSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Tomokui Kanata has been re-incarnated into the weakest race, goblin, and given a new name, Rou, after having undergone an unfortunate death.
However, goblin Rou has retained his previous life's memories and ability to learn skills from what he eats.

In this alternate world of survival of the fittest, events unfold. Will a goblin party become the heroes of this world, in a delightful twist from your usual scenario?

Original webcomic: http://www.alphapolis.co.jp/manga/viewOpening/609000058/

Adaptation of light novel series written by Kanekiru Kogitsune

Web Novel translation: https://goo.gl/DzfDE9
Go to Re:Monster Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Similar MANGA/manhwa recommendations? New Window elbs
  • 42 Replies
Topic Elves chapter New Window KINT43E
  • 2 Replies
Topic Wondering if a Re:Monster Zero would be interesting New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 9 Replies
Topic Re:Monster Ch 28-32 Raws New Window Aneko
  • 0 Replies
Topic Keep it up No Group (and Clicli9 guy) New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 4 Replies
Topic Game Re:Monster New Window TeamdichJustT
  • 3 Replies

2190 Comments

Does anyone know why grandpa Gob never evolves? I fear his time is short...

I speculate, he is past his prime and doesn't/can't hunt any more so earning exp is impossible. But mostly, because he is a plot tool to explain the ways of goblins to the newborns, and thus is not needed much longer since Rou has picked his knowledge clean.

Does anyone know why grandpa Gob never evolves? I fear his time is short...

when did the humans use halfbeasts to fight?? and when did hob uki appear??

I think it was mentioned that they used chimeras (this should NOT be Kimura in the raws, lol) and demihumans as slaves in one of the last couple of chapters.

...as for the second question...I'll put the answer in spoilers below (since it's fairly long, heh)...

Spoiler

All that said...I sense that some former slave curbstomping is in the immediate future for that guy in the last panel (and any others who happen to follow him), heh. XD

Hope the next chapter doesn't take too long to come out~ ^^

Did the names change in the manga? They have Kichi as 'Yoshi', Fuu as "Uki' and Ji as Nao. What's up with that, anyone know why?

"Let's take them over!"

Yeah, good luck with that.

*makes popcorn for the torture scenes to come*

time for another torture ,,,,err beating *cough* training session.

MidoriKitzune
Jul 30 2017 12:19 AM

"Let's take them over!"

Yeah, good luck with that.

*makes popcorn for the torture scenes to come*

That might be the difference between the web novel and the light novel versions.

I'll preface this by saying that I DO appreciate you guys working on and releasing these chapters and everything.

That said...the grammar and spelling is...something else.

I have to ask...do you have any sort of editor working on this? Cause if so...they...uh...might wanna do a better job, heh.

There's just too many grammar and spelling mistakes for me to point out. It's READABLE for the most part, but the mistakes are so glaring that it's making the spelling and grammar fanatic in me want to punch something, haha. =x

Page 12:
>him

O_o

Good. I was worried that I was the only one concerned about this.

The rebellious lot will be curb stomped when they try it. then rou will have to teach them a lesson. i forget what chapter it is in the novels, you can try and look for it in the wikia. 

lol at that moron who opened his mouth at the end of ch34 xD

R.I.Pieces :P

I don't know why, but I'm jealous of Ji somehow. He gets Me and Fu for himself!

Yay! Engrish!

Well atleast I know the last guy in the panel was not meant to live long

Jesus taught me to care for even the enemy.

htKUIW1.png
IS YOUR BODY READY FOR SOME LOVIN'?

Is "Kimura" suppose to be "Chimera" I wonder?

I'd like to but don't have mod right. Someone gotta report it to the admin. We are still missing 29.1 chapter tho. That I have requested from the scanslation team. Hopefully we will get it soon

Thank you for your dedication!

You're right, anyone wanna fix it?

I'd like to but don't have mod right. Someone gotta report it to the admin. We are still missing 29.1 chapter tho. That I have requested from the scanslation team. Hopefully we will get it soon

Is it just me or the numbering of the chapter are all mixed up? This should be a much correct labelling.

There should be 29.1 & 29.2 before 30.1&30.2. 
Chapter 28.2 is Chapter 28 Raw. 
Chapter 28 is Chapter 27 Raw. 
27.2 seems to be 26. 
27.1 is 25 Raw. 
26 is 24 Raw. 
25 is 23 raw. 
24 is 22 raw. 
22&23 is part of chapter 21 raw so rename
22 -> 21.1 23 ->21.2. 
20&21 is also part of chap 20 Raw so
20-> 20.1 21->20.2

You're right, anyone wanna fix it?

Is it just me or the numbering of the chapter are all mixed up? This should be a much correct labelling.

There should be 29.1 & 29.2 before 30.1&30.2. 
Chapter 28.2 is Chapter 28 Raw. 
Chapter 28 is Chapter 27 Raw. 
27.2 seems to be 26. 
27.1 is 25 Raw. 
26 is 24 Raw. 
25 is 23 raw. 
24 is 22 raw. 
22&23 is part of chapter 21 raw so rename
22 -> 21.1 23 ->21.2. 
20&21 is also part of chap 20 Raw so
20-> 20.1 21->20.2

It looks like LHTranslation has put up ch.30.1, 30.2 and a few after that, but 29.2 is still currently not translated by any group. I hope it gets sorted out soon. ReadManga.Today's translation of 29.1 sucks, too.

​Yes, no 29.2 yet. I'll keep bumping this or post on LHTranslation page. They could have called themselves IsekaiTranslations with the amount they do.

3) Just to say, the hate doesn't come from this, the lack of allegiance, or treating the prisoners poorly. The hate is mainly due to poor writing and that it looks like a chuunibyou fantasy. Death March has the same faults. Though, I don't find that everything is to trash, nor that they are unreadable, and I completely agree that these two are good to start reading isekai.

4) Sorry to burst your idea, but it's wrong.(Except if I misunderstood what you meant). The Middle-Age in Europa (500-1500) was not harsher that other period.

First: slavery was reduced until nearly disappearing around 1000.

Second: war: nothing to hide there was war, lot of them. So did in other period. As a whole, there was not more than during Antiquity.

Third: Religion and Nobility: One of the biggest misconception of Middle-Ages: they were not all powerful. During most of the Middle-Ages, people were believer but not fanatics. As for the Nobles, the right of life and death hold little meaning, until the invention of the gunpowder, a mob of angry peasants could pretty much kill any king or duke. The all powerful Church and Nobles were things of the Late Middle-Ages (1300-1500), but especially in Modern Period (1500-1800). The Late Middle-Ages was also the time of the great Crisis (Black Death, Famines and War). Btw, the burning of witches is the same. There was little killed witches killed in Middle Ages compared to Modern Period.

Fourth: There was no decline in inventions and intellectual progress. Just some example that comes from Middle ages: Compass, clock, long distance ship, caravel, silk, paper, ...

The reasons why the Middle-Ages has a very deformed view: From the late Middle Ages until 1900, lot of people deformed history. You had the humanists who viewed the Antiquity as perfect, and so the Middle ages was viewed as bad; You had the revolutionists that thought that all Nobles were bad, and the Middle Ages was the time where there was the most Nobility; you had the Romantics that idealised the Middle Ages (most of the stories about brave knights killing dragons and saving princesses come from them, not Middle Ages. They existed around 1750-1850)

Sorry about the rambling with no link to Re:monster, it's just that I hate all the wrong ideas that we get about Middle-Ages.

PS: Never say Dark Ages to an historian. The only way of talking of dark age is talking about a period with little information (for example, the Gaul, all traditions were orally transmitted). And even that is not a term liked.

This is a power fantasy, and I think it was fairly obvious what direction this was going within the first 3 to 4 chapters, a manga with substance this is not.

I think the issue with Fanboys, Critics, and haters, is that they all react like their opinions are being oppressed in some manner by one of the other two, the reasonable ones are just posting for fun and/or how they feel about something.

Every reader has suggestions on how a fiction could be "better"

The standard and preference that a fiction should be held to are whats relative to the individual, A consensus is inherently flawed when it comes to things that have many genres, like video games, books, or even food.

3) My need to vent my spleen.  It's because everybody is just putting on the hate.  I dislike bits of it, but I don't hate it.  And the hate all seems to come from viewpoints which i consider naive.  Swapping alliegences happened a lot in history.  Loyalty to the state as we know it today didn't exist in most cases.  It was loyalty to your leader/chief/general.  Treating prisoners like crap was the norm since forever.  Treating them in a civilised fashion is a very very recent phenomena (and is debatable)

4) The "fantasy world" that I'm comparing it to is called the Dark Ages.  Pretty much any time from The Fall of The Roman Empire (6th Cent?) to sometime in the 16th Century.  It was not a nice place.  Not really sure what you meant by comparing it to another fantasy world.

3) Just to say, the hate doesn't come from this, the lack of allegiance, or treating the prisoners poorly. The hate is mainly due to poor writing and that it looks like a chuunibyou fantasy. Death March has the same faults. Though, I don't find that everything is to trash, nor that they are unreadable, and I completely agree that these two are good to start reading isekai.

4) Sorry to burst your idea, but it's wrong.(Except if I misunderstood what you meant). The Middle-Age in Europa (500-1500) was not harsher that other period.

First: slavery was reduced until nearly disappearing around 1000.

Second: war: nothing to hide there was war, lot of them. So did in other period. As a whole, there was not more than during Antiquity.

Third: Religion and Nobility: One of the biggest misconception of Middle-Ages: they were not all powerful. During most of the Middle-Ages, people were believer but not fanatics. As for the Nobles, the right of life and death hold little meaning, until the invention of the gunpowder, a mob of angry peasants could pretty much kill any king or duke. The all powerful Church and Nobles were things of the Late Middle-Ages (1300-1500), but especially in Modern Period (1500-1800). The Late Middle-Ages was also the time of the great Crisis (Black Death, Famines and War). Btw, the burning of witches is the same. There was little killed witches killed in Middle Ages compared to Modern Period.

Fourth: There was no decline in inventions and intellectual progress. Just some example that comes from Middle ages: Compass, clock, long distance ship, caravel, silk, paper, ...

The reasons why the Middle-Ages has a very deformed view: From the late Middle Ages until 1900, lot of people deformed history. You had the humanists who viewed the Antiquity as perfect, and so the Middle ages was viewed as bad; You had the revolutionists that thought that all Nobles were bad, and the Middle Ages was the time where there was the most Nobility; you had the Romantics that idealised the Middle Ages (most of the stories about brave knights killing dragons and saving princesses come from them, not Middle Ages. They existed around 1750-1850)

Sorry about the rambling with no link to Re:monster, it's just that I hate all the wrong ideas that we get about Middle-Ages.

PS: Never say Dark Ages to an historian. The only way of talking of dark age is talking about a period with little information (for example, the Gaul, all traditions were orally transmitted). And even that is not a term liked.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics