Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.68 - 161votes)

Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction

Alt Names: alt デッドデッドデーモンズデデデデデストラクションalt Ölü Ölü Şeytanın Yıyıyıyıyıkımıalt DDDDalt Dead Dead Demons Dededededestructionalt Dededede
Author: Asano Inio
Artist: Asano Inio
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaPsychological PsychologicalSchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A new series by Asano Inio (Oyasumi Punpun, Solanin) about the lives of two high school girls living in Tokyo after aliens have invaded. Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction is a self-styled dystopian slice-of-life that reflects on modern societal and political issues in Japan while still maintaining a sense of humor and frivolity.
Go to Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Thoughts on the Manga New Window ballinbaroque
  • 2 Replies
Topic Ontan Faces Thread New Window DerSteppenwolf
  • 4 Replies
Topic Chapter 31 Dedededevelopments Discussion New Window Bana
  • 1 Replies
Topic Humor's a Relief New Window wigjump
  • 1 Replies

363 Comments

Who is the audience? 13-15 year old kids? This is so lame compared to Oyasumi Punpun. Asano san "I donn't understand"

I think that there's a cultural and political barrier between some people and this work.

Most of the contend of this manga is just a satirical vision of the world's nowaday politics. There's ton of references to social movements, to the left, to politicians and so on

of course theres tons of pop culture references too and all, but I think that if you're not really into politics and how people face it nowadays, this isn't really what you should read

It's all too cartoonish, and more cultural hermetic, than his previous longer works.

it's also much further removed from "real life" than his other works. by "cartoonish" do you mean absurd? immature? the characterizations aren't particularly over the top. i'm not sure why you would call it hermetic compared to his other works. it's not especially dense with cultural references.

why the change in fonts? all I could concentrate on during the chapter...

Usually I should edit post and not write another one on top. But the other one is 'complete'. It's true that while "Punpun" is 80% Katharsis going on through the story in 'normal' world and DDDD is 80% of 'normal' life in Katharsis reality. So it might be harder to adopt if you're his long time reader, but I just feel he is trying too hard.. I can't find Ouran funny or cute or enjoyable, or feel the pain of Kadode or identify with her teacher. It's all too cartoonish, and more cultural hermetic, than his previous longer works.
Hey, thanks for reply.
Link, and quotes from interview were helpfull. As for "not edgy enough"? Maybe..not. My concern is...it doesn't glue really well, and is much more hollow.. also I can't identify with any of characters on any level, even if Asano is repeating his viewpoints. It's just oversimplified. I'm sad, because I find his artistic peak was somewhere between 2000 (when he started writing and drawing Holograph) till 2007 (when he had whole story for Punpun in details in his mind). I "can't read" his post 2008 short and longer stories, they are mostly plain and boring. I mean comparing to his own previous work not to the whole manga industry. I will still read his work but once he was like a god to me.

Who is the audience? 13-15 year old kids? This is so lame compared to Oyasumi Punpun. Asano san "I donn't understand"

Not edgy enough for you?

Personally prefer the less over-the-top shit.

-snip-

Was just about to link this. IMO, nothing bad about a manga being less put-a-knife-in-your-brain-y than Punpun.

(Although, having read the interview after reading Punpun, I can't see Dedede as being just about cute girls and fun. It easily has more emotional weight than like ninety percent of the manga I've read.)

(Also, lel "causally".)

Here are some quotes from an interview that sort of explains the route he took with this manga

Asano: Well — needless to say, I want people to praise my work. With Punpun, I used to try to make people say “wow!” by doing new and exciting things with manga, and getting that reaction was my connection with the reader. But in fact, readers will praise you anyway so long as you’re making something fun to read. That’s all I want. I want to do a fun manga. Something people can causally read.

Asano: Something I realized as I drew Punpun was that drawing cute girls might be what I’m good at, which is why I thought I’d focus my next series on that. It’s a lot of fun for me to draw right now — nothing but girls, hardly a single male character. (laugh) I’m giving the characters a really round look to them too, and the overall art’s really different — I’m doing it more by analog now. It’s really fun for me at the moment, getting to draw things I’d never drawn before.

https://mangabrog.wordpress.com/2014/07/06/inio-asano-interview-reality-is-tough-so-read-this-manga-about-cute-girls-and-feel-better/

Spoiler

I fucking love Asano-san's dialogue, and his works aren't as widely known as they should be.

So are new issues coming out now? I need mah fix. :D

Yep, confirmed to be out of hiatus for the time being.

Knowing Asano that won't last long, but maybe he just needed time to plan the finale as it seems like we're getting a little closer to the climax.

So are new issues coming out now? I need mah fix. :D

What a long hiatus, Inio wants to be a Togashi 

That kiss was absolutely heretical. I hope some JSDF patriot blows that nerd out of the water.

Spoiler

I've had the first page of this manga in my tabs for like half a year. I... I just... God dammit, this is good.

Oh shit, serialization keeps on Winter? 

This is horrible.

That kiss was absolutely heretical. I hope some JSDF patriot blows that nerd out of the water.

the aliens planned to take revenge upon merciless humans and earth will be destroyed

but the most important thing is

Spoiler

S5b7aAt.jpg

Ughhhh i ship theeem !!

I TOLD Y'ALL SHE WAS GONNA FUCK THE ALIEN.

c-cute...!

>serialization starting again this winter

This is not all right.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics