Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 179votes)

Battle Through the Heavens

Alt Names: alt Đấu Phá Thương Khungalt DOU PO CANG QIONGalt Doupo Cangqiongalt Fights Break Spherealt Μάχη μέσα από τους ουρανούςalt Storming Into the Heavens [the actual that translation]alt 斗破苍穹
Author: Tian Can Tu Dou
Artist: Ren Xiang & 任翔
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHarem HaremMartial Arts Martial ArtsRomance RomanceShounen ShounenWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhua (Chinese)
Description: In a land where there is no magic, a land where the strong make the rules and weak have to obey, a land filled with alluring treasures and beauty, yet also filled with unforeseen danger. Xiao Yan, who has shown talents none had seen in decades, suddenly lost everything three years ago - his powers, his reputation, and his promise to his mother. What sorcery has caused him to lose all of his powers? And why has his fiancee suddenly shown up?
Go to Battle Through the Heavens Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Plot control. New Window Feyrin
  • 1 Replies
Topic Web Novel New Window Samchiel
  • 8 Replies
Topic Raws New Window RampageKiwi
  • 10 Replies
Topic It's Really Good!! New Window Kuberious
  • 1 Replies

517 Comments

omfg, o.O chapter 83 at readmanga... shit just got real o.O

I'm taking joy, joy from your fatiguing figure, as you stumble through the normally exquisite dance steps.

I have nothing more to say here. It's been a good day. Hope yours gets better\1

Peace, love and rainbows to all spectators.

Let's get back to what really matters. Reading these stories we like so much. 

And I'm wondering is everything dancing to you, because I look down and my foot isn't moving.

Also, it's been multiple days, you might want a doctor to check your sense of time.

This is so good even if the pacing is so fast.

Didn't know 'snide snip remarks' vs 'snide remarks' have such huge difference...is it less insulting to the other person somehow? I'm afraid I'm not snip/snide remarks expert.

Is there anything I haven't mentioned as my opinion or agree/disagree or refute yet? I can't be bothered to spare enough memory for such things.

No you weren't, your first post just stated your opinion, which I argue mine back. That's just normal discussion, you were neither helpful nor disruptive.

My first snide remarks was at how you think her continuing to have confidence in her training was somehow a 'bad' thing in a story where the MC bows to no one.

p.s. I'm standing still, please stop taking whatever substances you're taking.

I'm taking joy, joy from your fatiguing figure, as you stumble through the normally exquisite dance steps.

I have nothing more to say here. It's been a good day. Hope yours gets better\1

Peace, love and rainbows to all spectators.

Let's get back to what really matters. Reading these stories we like so much. 

Well no, since the also is about snide snip remarks not snide remarks in general. Funnily enough, you began this barrage of childish insults with your snip snip remarks. 

And now you can't even refute that those remarks have no grounds. 

Yes I was being helpful, because at the time I was making no snide remarks, again I was lamenting the slap in the face I received for trying to make things easy for you.

However, I do appreciate how easy this has been made for me.

You have my thanks.

P.S It was supposed to be left foot back there, your dancing is become erratic.

Didn't know 'snide snip remarks' vs 'snide remarks' have such huge difference...is it less insulting to the other person somehow? I'm afraid I'm not snip/snide remarks expert.

Is there anything I haven't mentioned as my opinion or agree/disagree or refute yet? I can't be bothered to spare enough memory for such things.

No you weren't, your first post just stated your opinion, which I argue mine back. That's just normal discussion, you were neither helpful nor disruptive.

My first snide remarks was at how you think her continuing to have confidence in her training was somehow a 'bad' thing in a story where the MC bows to no one.

p.s. I'm standing still, please stop taking whatever substances you're taking.

So you admit to making snide remarks and then claim you want to be helpful?

If that is your definition of helpful I'm ok with being the far opposite of that.

Well no, since the also is about snide snip remarks not snide remarks in general. Funnily enough, you began this barrage of childish insults with your snip snip remarks. 

And now you can't even refute that those remarks have no grounds. 

Yes I was being helpful, because at the time I was making no snide remarks, again I was lamenting the slap in the face I received for trying to make things easy for you.

However, I do appreciate how easy this has been made for me.

You have my thanks.

P.S It was supposed to be left foot back there, your dancing is become erratic.

What happened to Ch. 24 to 74 + 76?

Thanks a lot aixont!

I would suggest Anime Ace 2.0 and other blambot's free fonts though.

But thanks regardless!

The reason the PM came after was because I had to go back to your page after pasting it here.

Since you want to keep making snide snip remarks also, when all I was trying to do was help you see which points I am disagreeing with. Here, let's see the oh so important sentences I removed shall we.

I thought it would be helpful for our discussion at that point in time and might just be appreciated. But alas, I was ignorant of how special those sentences were to you. So I took my evil scissors to them. Snipping them into oblivion, frightened lest they show how irrelevant my statements were.

Please, do continue to pick on my attempt to be helpful, since that is all you can refute.

So you admit to making snide remarks and then claim you want to be helpful?

If that is your definition of helpful I'm ok with being the far opposite of that.

According to site's time stamp the PM was sent after.

First of all, the way you said your statement implies my opinion was wrong since it has a dismissive tone to it. A little addition to clarify it was your opinion and I probably wouldn't be this stubborn about it.

Secondly, the pity part was how the other side (Xiao Clan, and by extension the other clans in the city) view it. Admittedly your response could also be interpret as others as well but since my line focused on Na Lan with the other as an extra mention, without clarifying a different subject one would assumes it hasn't changed, which would means you're in a way saying "Na Lan didn't give that compensation as pity, it was pay-off"

Third, and last, misinterpret was the word I was thinking of when I used misquote it seems, see how little difference can make this so much worse?

The reason the PM came after was because I had to go back to your page after pasting it here. As I said, I intended it to be a PM, decided to post it here first, then fulfilled my intention.

So rather than say that I did not misquote you, you'd prefer to rather change your wording. Fine, as long as I'm not being accused of misquoting someone, I couldn't care less.

Since you want to keep making snide snip remarks also, when all I was trying to do was help you see which points I am disagreeing with. Here, let's see the oh so important sentences I removed shall we.

1.Well, I agree that she was young and immature, SO IS HE. The capitalized part being my point, which you agree with.

2.http://vatoto.com/read/_/240473/battle-through-the-heavens_v1_ch2_by_desperatescanners/16

3. "Oh maybe he's already recovered and stronger than me" and shivers in fear?

4. For this one the left out section is in bold

Spoiler

Now how was any of that vital to any of your points??

Showing what I disagreed with in bullet points and thus leaving out

1. Agreement

2.A link....

3. Sarcasm

4. Spoilers

I thought it would be helpful for our discussion at that point in time and might just be appreciated. But alas, I was ignorant of how special those sentences were to you. So I took my evil scissors to them. Snipping them into oblivion, frightened lest they show how irrelevant my statements were.

Please, do continue to pick on my attempt to be helpful, since that is all you can refute.

can't we just snip it so the comments doesn't have to be double the length?

According to site's time stamp the PM was sent after.

First of all, the way you said your statement implies my opinion was wrong since it has a dismissive tone to it. A little addition to clarify it was your opinion and I probably wouldn't be this stubborn about it.

Secondly, the pity part was how the other side (Xiao Clan, and by extension the other clans in the city) view it. Admittedly your response could also be interpret as others as well but since my line focused on Na Lan with the other as an extra mention, without clarifying a different subject one would assumes it hasn't changed, which would means you're in a way saying "Na Lan didn't give that compensation as pity, it was pay-off"

Third, and last, misinterpret was the word I was thinking of when I used misquote it seems, see how little difference can make this so much worse?

It's kind of fun to see the comments section heat up ~Oooh, my S nature is leaking out :lol:

Well, cats(tigers) & dragons have never gotten along anyway xD

For someone who said he'd stop, you sure are quick to be back and even sending an extra copy in PM too.

Spoiler

Yes, I wasn't going to reply, I sent the PM because that was the medium I was going to choose to continue this if you so wanted. However, I was offended that you would accuse me of misquoting you. Even worse, I was unhappy to leave your accusation as the last say on this topic, since you so kindly used it as a closing statement in your response.

I care not for our disagreement on this Nalan Yanran matter any longer, it seems no matter what evidence I put before you, you will only speculate:perhaps this, perhaps that.

I am here only to question you once again on how I have misquoted you.

Again, here is apparently what I misquoted.

I think the 'why should I marry the weak you' part was her childishly try to find any excuse to justifies the break off. She tried to compensate for it but in the eyes of the other side it feel like she's just taking pity on them instead (given her personality I really think she considered it compensation instead of pity gift)

To which I replied: Lastly, the compensation wasn't pity. It was a pay-off. "I am going to do what I want; don't complain, here's a gift you'll never be able to afford"

You were saying it could be seen as pity. I do not agree. I only think it can be seen as a pay-off, which funnily is very similar to the compensation you speak of. The difference being it is not carried out due to concern for the victim, only for the perpetrator to get away with their deed.

I did not shorten your statement about the compensation when I first responded to it, nor did I change the wording before or now. So "How have I misquoted you?"

Could my response have caused others to think that you had called it pity? Potentially yes. But in light of the fact that I had your quote above my response, so anyone could read your words as they were. I ask again "How have I misquoted you?" The most I can see is a potential for my response to be misinterpreted.

Since dancing seems to entertain us both, I only hope the spectators are as thrilled as we both clearly are.

snip

For someone who said he'd stop, you sure are quick to be back and even sending an extra copy in PM too.

Spoiler

so for any one wondering the novel has just caught up to chapter 23. . . . . . it took the novel 117 chapters

so... it's a manhwa adaption.... but it doesn't seem to be butchering the story. sure it makes some parts a little less intense, but by and large everything seems to be at a point that it doesn't absolutely disgrace the source material

are they sure this didnt break any laws? by this point i was absolutely sure that every manhwa was legally required to crap all over the original story.

yeah. . . about that it at least isn't super changing anything (well except yiao lau who I guess has a thing for xiao xun in this version) but it did condense 117 chapters into 23 at this point (though understandable but still its like 5.1 chapters of the novel per chapter of this).

on another topic

Spoiler

1. Again, I don't think she fully understands the consequence of her action. She only knows it's rude/humiliating to the other side, but I don't think she comprehends the lasting effect of it. Being someone from another part of the land altogether do you think she knows of the relation between Xiao clan and others in the city? Or the sneer/jeer Xiao CLAN (not just XY) have had to endure, and how much it will escalate if they accepts her request?

2. That was to point out you misquoted me, I agree it could be considered pay-off, but I still think she herself consider it compensation (the old man from Yun Lan sect on the other hand...) on this point we can agree to disagree.

3. I went and check that particular moment in the novel before making my reply, the way it's described definitely leans toward anger or frustration and not 'shocked', especially not at the proverb XY said.

4. He has neither the personal power nor the support to go search for those treasure, a quick calculation would lead to conclusion that without some miracle (Yao Lao there to make him a lot of leveling medicines is already one, remember how much those elixirs sold for at the auction even at poor quality?)

(reminder: this is before Yao Lao appears)

Treat him as equal? Considering I don't remember XY himself ever treating anyone weaker than him as equal either (or anyone in the story really) I frankly don't see the justification for your train of thought, even more so when their power level are quite far apart and people in the story treat even 1 level as a big thing already.

5. And yet we have NEVER seen anyone do anything close to XY so far. They either do these actions after getting power (remember the power level of those who came to face Medusa?), through support of the strong and even then 'safely' (Yun Lan Sect, Gu He) or do it through underhanded means (the burning of that city, kidnapping a certain loli)

Seriously, XY have taken at least 3 items that should've killed him if not for deus ex machina thing he just happens to have nearby.

I'd love for people to stop misquoting me or putting words into my mouth as well.

I did not want to reply, but since you want to tell the world I am misquoting you, despite me not changing any of your context whatsoever. Let us continue to dance.

Spoiler

But most of all, forgive me for trying to accept our difference of opinion and different experience based on the mediums we first read this story in. Clearly, I forgot this was the internet.

Edit: Spoiler Tags for the innocent

snip

1. Again, I don't think she fully understands the consequence of her action. She only knows it's rude/humiliating to the other side, but I don't think she comprehends the lasting effect of it. Being someone from another part of the land altogether do you think she knows of the relation between Xiao clan and others in the city? Or the sneer/jeer Xiao CLAN (not just XY) have had to endure, and how much it will escalate if they accepts her request?

2. That was to point out you misquoted me, I agree it could be considered pay-off, but I still think she herself consider it compensation (the old man from Yun Lan sect on the other hand...) on this point we can agree to disagree.

3. I went and check that particular moment in the novel before making my reply, the way it's described definitely leans toward anger or frustration and not 'shocked', especially not at the proverb XY said.

4. He has neither the personal power nor the support to go search for those treasure, a quick calculation would lead to conclusion that without some miracle (Yao Lao there to make him a lot of leveling medicines is already one, remember how much those elixirs sold for at the auction even at poor quality?)

(reminder: this is before Yao Lao appears)

Treat him as equal? Considering I don't remember XY himself ever treating anyone weaker than him as equal either (or anyone in the story really) I frankly don't see the justification for your train of thought, even more so when their power level are quite far apart and people in the story treat even 1 level as a big thing already.

5. And yet we have NEVER seen anyone do anything close to XY so far. They either do these actions after getting power (remember the power level of those who came to face Medusa?), through support of the strong and even then 'safely' (Yun Lan Sect, Gu He) or do it through underhanded means (the burning of that city, kidnapping a certain loli)

Seriously, XY have taken at least 3 items that should've killed him if not for deus ex machina thing he just happens to have nearby.

I'd love for people to stop misquoting me or putting words into my mouth as well.

i know o.o. seeing it but still can't believe it. this is such an incomprehensible thing. i mean look at douluo dalu and coiling dragon. is it not this industries standard to change each and every aspect of the story until all that remains is broken plot lines, altered personalities, and hopeful fan's despair?!?!

Unfortunately.. with manhwa you tend to aim for a bigger audience - and most manhwa audience don't give a damn about plot development. They want action, action, and more action. For manga, stuff like fist of the north star, hajime no ippo, kung fu boy, and kingdom comes to mind.

If you can't keep the audience 'attracted' then off to the slaughterhouse you go..

Novel readers tend to be the more patient ones, reading word by word, sentence by sentence.. a lot of manga/manhwa readers are just flipping pages >.< Even I don't see every drawing when I read manga :P

I'm assuming that the author is still in charge of the storyboard and working with the artist
There's been worse butchering. This one has been adapted real well. Sure, it doesn't carry the seriousness of the main story nor the charm that is the details and depth of the original source, but it still kept the essence and enjoyable.
On top of that, it's a perfect companion to the original story, not overly trying to convert the original story into the manhwa form, just bringing the words into pictures. (Especially the cute girls o.o)

i know o.o. seeing it but still can't believe it. this is such an incomprehensible thing. i mean look at douluo dalu and coiling dragon. is it not this industries standard to change each and every aspect of the story until all that remains is broken plot lines, altered personalities, and hopeful fan's despair?!?!

1. Just because she knows she's being rude (asking for breakoff on her own), doesn't mean she knows how rude she's being (an insult to the whole family because if they let her call it off, other clans will mock Xiao Yan even more...him being bullied is probably something she didn't know)

2. I also said SHE consider it compensation, NOT PITY. THE OTHERS would be the one to think of it as pity-gift.

3. She was NOT surprised when he used the proverb, she accepted his challenge.

Even in the manhua she was NOT SHOCKED, but felt anger at someone going against her wish, another example of her still being childish then.

4. And what's wrong with her thinking she won't lose? Considering the nature of their world people without confidence won't rise above others, so if she didn't think she could win, what do you expect her to think? "

Her train of thought was a calculated one, she has the best backing known in the land behind her so without other factor, between the later start and unlikely to have the same backing, XY shouldn't reach her level.

5. But he did, through MANY borderline-suicidal acts (some was indeed suicidal without the deus ex machina tool nearby like ........

1. A difference between the source material and this iteration. She does know how rude she is being. There is just not enough panel space/time to show it.

2. This is your opinion. It could be true, it may not. Honestly, it is my opinion that it is nothing more than a payout. However, considering her lack of remorse for her actions and continued ill treatment of Xiao Yan (without sufficient cause), I fail to be convinced she was trying to be thoughtful (I know I am biased here since my opinion is being weighted against yours).

3. Another difference between the two versions. I cannot disagree that in the manhua she is not shocked. But again, going by the novel it is apparent that Xiao Yan's statement and ferocity unnerves her.

4. It shows her conceit. Just as there are sects, we have seen quite clearly that their world is abound with hidden treasures etc. There are many ways in which Xiao Yan could catch-up to her. Doing the exact things you talk about in 5. 

I do not expect her to cower in fear, but to try and treat her opponent as her equal. This entire fiasco is her trying to make it clear that Xiao Yan is not and never will be her equal.

Spoiler

5. This is far from out of the ordinary. His success is extraordinary as few succeed, but the setting is quite clear: there are plenty of people running around trying to get fortune, fame and power. In such a dog eat dog setting, who isn't risking their life??

I feel bad for taking up this comment section with this tit for tat. Especially since we are clearly at odds with one another. Reply if you wish, I will not be continuing this waltz any further.

As far as his rejection goes, the only rude thing was his laugh. But how could he not laugh, knowing what he knew. I don't see how you can excuse her behaviour as her being young and therefore immature and not do the same for him.

In fact, I understand that from your perspective she was trying to make amends, but why would she need to make amends if she wasn't knowledgeable of how rude she was being?? This just makes it less likely to be the childishness you described. 

Lastly, the compensation wasn't pity. It was a pay-off. "I am going to do what I want; don't complain, here's a gift you'll never be able to afford"

Spoiler

P.S

Spoiler

To anyone who has read this. Kudos

I'm going to actually try to prepare for my exam now......

Well, I agree that she was young and immature, SO IS HE. The capitalized part being my point, which you agree with.

Just because she knows she's being rude (asking for breakoff on her own), doesn't mean she knows how rude she's being (an insult to the whole family because if they let her call it off, other clans will mock Xiao Yan even more...him being bullied is probably something she didn't know)

Lastly, the compensation wasn't pity.

I also said SHE consider it compensation, NOT PITY. THE OTHERS would be the one to think of it as pity-gift.

Also

Spoiler

Spoiler

eh...

now i really think i should just read the ln.

going to yet another site to read manga adaption is too much work...

f58908fbc9096bb4bb995de242433bf5.jpg

ReadManga is totally panicking like crazy.

They've released another batch of chapters.

Nothing increases progress as much as good ol' competition.

They even released more of SL -  sure are feeling insecure about losing their readers :lol:

f58908fbc9096bb4bb995de242433bf5.jpg

ReadManga is totally panicking like crazy.

They've released another batch of chapters.

Nothing increases progress as much as good ol' competition.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics