Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 451votes)

Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki

Alt Names: alt 富士山さんは思春期alt Fujiyama-san's Adolescencealt Fujiyamasan wa Shishunkialt L'adolescenza di Fujiyamaalt La adolescencia de Fujiyama
Author: Ojiro Makoto
Artist: Ojiro Makoto
Genres: Comedy ComedyEcchi EcchiRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Fujiyama-san is 181 cm (approx. 5' 11'') and she is the ace player for her school's volleyball team. Kanba-kun is 160 cm (approx. 5' 3") and has known Fujiyama since their preschool years. With his prankster friends, Kanba peeks into the girl's locker room right when Fujiyama is undressing. From then on, he could not get the image of Fujiyama out of his mind, so he decides to ask her out. She says yes. Enjoy their naive and secretive relationship as Kanba ogles his tall girlfriend in many different situations.
Go to Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic So much HNNNNG poll New Window Similar-man
  • 3 Replies

776 Comments

It doesn't change fact that this manga has no real conclusion.

Why eid I come to the comment section :{

The only unresolved matter in this novel was the fact that they hid their relationship. They got over that and then the "final chapter" was a nice relaxing extra slice of their life as a couple.

And? A lot of mangas tail off like this, the protagonists reach a concluding point in their life and the author stops writing about them. There's sometimes a short coda like the last chapter in Fujyyama-san but it doesn't move the story forward as people brought up in the Western storytelling tradition have been trained to expect.

I worked on and off for a decade or so scanlating bits of Family Compo which ran for about 110 chapters. The ending tails off just like this series and a number of other mangas I've read and enjoyed. The author of that series, Tsukasa Hojo wrote an afterword at the end of the tanko publication in volume 14. I'll quote it here as I think the sentiments he expresses apply to this series too:

-----------------------------------------------------

Here's the last volume of Family Compo. After the publication of the last chapter in Allman magazine I received a number of letters from readers saying "The story isn't finished" and "you ought to continue until Masahiko graduates". In fact even if I did keep going the story would always be incomplete because there is no end to the story of a family. The little disappointments never mind the insoluble problems are endless.

FC (Family Compo) is just an extract from the life of  the Wakanaes. I don't want to follow this family forever. What happens after the last chapter I leave up to you, the readers to imagine.

Anyway thank you very much for following Family Compo for the last four years.

Tsukusa Hojo.

-----------------------------------------------------

The only fault of this comic is that it ended What a lovely thing to read though.

The author mentioned that the whole point of this manga was to develop the romance of these two kids without it having to lead to physical affections such as kissing or sex. The series was meant to encapsulate the innocence of your first love and relationship before maturity settles in.

Simple, lighthearted love story. Maybe a bit naïve and slow in some places. That ending fitted it perfectly, but i cannot call it a masterpiece. But it get's it's job done, gives you that fuzzy feeling and makes you smile. There is no need for anything more

You can't like what I don't like!!!

If not for his INFORMAL logic fallacies (which are not actual logic errors but more like worthless words) his post was actually true, although it was his opinion was mixed with facts. This manga is not coming of age, as they don't reach adulthood. It is heart-warming story about teens troubled by social standards and their own physique.

I'm sad it's over but what a ride thank you tall girl scans for all of your hard work and prozess for introducing us to this gem of a manga .
The author mentioned that the whole point of this manga was to develop the romance of these two kids without it having to lead to physical affections such as kissing or sex. The series was meant to encapsulate the innocence of your first love and relationship before maturity settles in.
It's ... it's over? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY VANILLA! Was a fun ride run while it lasted, thank you to everyone who worked on this manga so we could partake in the tall vanilla goodness!

Damn his opinion must have irked you quite a lot if your first sentence is a personal attack on him hehe

You can't like what I don't like!!!

So how did you spend that 70 years? In your parents' basement?

This isn't even a coming of age story because no one comes of age, either physically or psychologically. In the first chapter a guy "accidentally" asks a girl out, and in the last chapter he tells her he loves her. The time span between these two events was no more than two years.

During these two years literally nothing happened: no obstacles to overcome, no IRL issues to deal with, no conflicts with anything or anyone. No one has to grow up as a result. Even their relationship, the central plot point of this manga, was not challenged in any way(!).

Just because it's about two teens doesn't automatically make it a coming of age story, mr. professional, sir.

What it is is an overall mediocre romcom/slice of life story with occasional dips in art quality.

In my 61 years of life, I have realized that different people have different tastes in what pleases them.  I also realize that just because two different people disagree with what they consider to be good does not necessarily mean that one of them must be wrong.  It merely means that each person has their own opinion on the subject at hand.

That being said, what puts you in the wrong is your ad hominem attack on someone just because you have a different OPINION on the value of this manga series.  If you had stuck to merely expressing your own views on the manga, that would have been fine and could lead to a healthy debate about this series.

But that childish and immature personal attack was not only uncalled for, it tends to negate any value or credibility to any potential argument that you could offer to support your opinion.  And let me make it clear, I am NOT calling YOU childish or immature, only the type of personal attack that you submitted in your post.  I sincerely hope that you are mature enough to accept this critique in the spirit that it is offered, which is to help teach you about proper manners and etiquette when joining a civil debate.

No kiss, no nothing? I smell the axe did it's dirty work.

This isn't even a coming of age story because no one comes of age, either physically or psychologically. In the first chapter a guy "accidentally" asks a girl out, and in the last chapter he tells her he loves her. The time span between these two events was no more than two years.

During these two years literally nothing happened: no obstacles to overcome, no IRL issues to deal with, no conflicts with anything or anyone. No one has to grow up as a result. Even their relationship, the central plot point of this manga, was not challenged in any way(!).

Just because it's about two teens doesn't automatically make it a coming of age story, mr. professional, sir.

What it is is an overall mediocre romcom/slice of life story with occasional dips in art quality.

Damn his opinion must have irked you quite a lot if your first sentence is a personal attack on him hehe

was willing to keep following for a way longer ride

Let's get one thing out of the way first...I'm a 70-year-old professional artist with a life-long interest in comics, so...

In my humble opinion, this is one of the best coming of age stories I have ever had the pleasure to read.

It was a nice manga. It would have been nice if they took it through high school though.

Thx for translate (TallGirlTranslations & PROzess & Nojay)

One of my favorites...sorry to see it end.

Let's get one thing out of the way first...I'm a 70-year-old professional artist with a life-long interest in comics, so...

In my humble opinion, this is one of the best coming of age stories I have ever had the pleasure to read. It brought back so many (now-) fond memories of my own pitiful attempts to become an adult, something that is still continuing, I'm happy to say.

Thank you to the author and all involved in bringing this story to our attention. We need more stories like this in our lives...

Hmm, chapter 66 ended well enough that I was feeling pretty satisfied, but chapter 67 just felt kind of like a segue into something else rather than a proper ending. I'm just going to reread 66 and end it there.

Rather disappointed in the ending myself.  I had hoped for more.  Some sort of epilogue, like college or whatever... or even a year or two later....

Well, it just finished. Anyway, very lovely.

That was really lame ending. I have this feeling that Yotsuba! will end the same way. 

just curious, what kind of ending you were expecting?

Thx for translate (TallGirlTranslations & PROzess & Nojay)

What a genuinely good and wholesome love manga.

The greatest Tall Girl manga to exist, and now it's over...

Perhaps after Lovely Complex lol

That was really lame ending. I have this feeling that Yotsuba! will end the same way. 

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics