Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.67 - 151votes)

Shoukoku no Altair

Alt Names: alt Altair - Tale of The Great Waralt ALTAIR ดาวจรัสฟ้า อินทรีถลาลมalt Altair ve Savaşlar Kitabıalt Altair: A Record of Battlesalt 将国のアルタイルalt 将国之天鹰星alt Rising Eagle of the General Nationalt Türkiyeli Alnaşr Altair
Author: Kato Kotono
Artist: Kato Kotono
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureAward Winning Award WinningDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHistorical HistoricalShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: For generations the Türkiye Devleti and the Balt-Rhein Empire have stood in stern opposition to each other. Then one night, when an imperial minister is found assassinated, the two nations are plunged into a potentially explosive situation. As the generals of Türkiye's council cry for war, Mahmut comes to discover the devious truth behind the assassination. Thus the young pasha's battle for his country, peace, and trust in his fellow man begins!

Spin-Off Series:

>Toukoku no Subaru (http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/toukoku-no-subaru-r18003)

> Shoukoku no Altair san (https://bato.to/comic/_/comics/shoukoku-no-altair-san-r22528)
Go to Shoukoku no Altair Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Recruiting translators from Japanese to English. New Window HiroHY
  • 2 Replies
Topic Comic Forums New Window Reminiscent Cheeseburger
  • 3 Replies
Topic "Shoukoku no Altair" Anime Preview And Plans Published New Window Hayro
  • 4 Replies

381 Comments

Christ, now we hit the 3 week mark AGAIN. Why are they releasing Rain on a weekly basis, even though each chapter has 40 pages, and yet they take 3 weeks to release a chapter of Shoukoku >_> 

Imagine you're isolated and lost in a desert.  Fast low quality releases are like coming across an oasis.  While a high quality release is like finding a freezer that fell out of a plane, and within is a bottle of the coolest, best drinking water. 

The question is, do you gulp down the unending lukewarm oasis water with little bits of sand in it, or do you take the cool crisp water bottle knowing that you'll run out soon?

I am very sad. At this rate, we won't get chapter 42 until near the end of next year >_>

Sooo... this became Maoyuu 2? lol

Well Aizen sensei already made his/her decision so ill leave it at that to respect it. But I am suffering from withdrawal symptoms. Can anybody give us an idea of what the next chapter going to be like or a small spoiler?):

Spoiler

Well Aizen sensei already made his/her decision so ill leave it at that to respect it. But I am suffering from withdrawal symptoms. Can anybody give us an idea of what the next chapter going to be like or a small spoiler?):

I agree with Dafortminor. I don't see why there should be such a big fight over the series. Both sides are providing a service to the fans, one through LQ quick releases for those who want to catch up on the story and the other who provides in depth HQ releases. Honestly I've read and reread this series a bunch of times and will keep doing so. I much prefer the HQ releases because it's clean, has a more concise translation, additional interesting information pertaining to the series and a sense of fluidity. 

On the other hand I have been waiting for eons for someone to catch up on the series that I love reading. I personally find that both Aizen and Sense Scans provide an invaluable service. I would hate to see Sense drop the series because of the speed releases. 

Scans group will hate me for saying this, but I think you should just continue with it, your entertaining the fans, you are not profiting off the work, so you technically are not like most majority scan groups. They can later replace the chapters with HQ, because I for one wants to know what happens next and I will not be willing to wait another 2 months for another chapter. This comment of mine might be disliked by the majority but I am just expressing my opinion as a fan of the series. 

Ahhhh and remember put spoilers in tags or else I will just delete your comments. 

-Daffy

Spoiler

So tog o of the track from the bashing and the SS fanboy-ism towards a more diplomatic line of questioning..... How are the negotiations going since apart from bashing there has been no real status update on the progress, which I understand you guys, Aizen and SS, want to keep private. Although I have no right to say anything or have any input, the suspense is killing me !

"Friendly Manga Reader caught in the crossfire of drama"

Spoiler

So tog o of the track from the bashing and the SS fanboy-ism towards a more diplomatic line of questioning..... How are the negotiations going since apart from bashing there has been no real status update on the progress, which I understand you guys, Aizen and SS, want to keep private. Although I have no right to say anything or have any input, the suspense is killing me !

"Friendly Manga Reader caught in the crossfire of drama"

Spoiler

Oh I think most people here are not dismissing sense-scans. However, the person I quoted that comment, in my opinion, was as he/she said they couldn't complain and if they were troubled it was their problem. I didn't mean to sound like I was telling off everyone here sorry.

Oh, okay, no need for you to apologize, it was my misunderstanding, and i apologize.

And I dont think that nobody here is dismissing sense scans.

Oh I think most people here are not dismissing sense-scans. However, the person I quoted that comment, in my opinion, was as he/she said they couldn't complain and if they were troubled it was their problem. I didn't mean to sound like I was telling off everyone here sorry.

Spoiler
Spoiler

They're demoralized? Try to think how much we fans are demoralized for see 1 chapter after 1 and half month lol

If someone want scan this manga faster? Good.

Ppl don't need to complain, this manga scans not belong to anyone, so let the others do what they want.

Aizen doing a good work. Ppl started to do scans for others not for themself and if this trouble you well, your problem.

@Aizen-sensei: Keep up the good work (^_^)b

Oh yes and Aizen I hope when u decide the action u plan to take it would be wonderful if you could post it because the anticipation for the verdict is growing hahaha.

Cheers,

Lavi

I want to wait for Sense-scans to have the opportunity to reply, before i make my decision. But i might have to contact them at their website directly since they dont seem to be coming here very often.

Oh yes and Aizen I hope when u decide the action u plan to take it would be wonderful if you could post it because the anticipation for the verdict is growing hahaha.

Cheers,

Lavi

First of all: thanks Aizen for doing translations. I love this series so seeing new chapters so quickly makes me really happy.

That said, I can understand why sense-scans don't like this. it's not like they're behind and were idle a few months because they felt like it or-  like Aizen - forgot about the translations: they did so to be respectful. Also, it must be frustrating to make such a high quality job all around and really study to get the translation correct only to be undermined by a translator that doesn't do half of that (which is understandable too: Aizen is only one person).

I don't think anyone will forgo sense-scans for Aizen: they're just reading what's available while they wait, so thank you for not stoping scanlations! think of this as a chance to take your time <3

I really appreciate both scans and I'm happy when I see another chapter. I really don't think this should be a big deal. Aizen-sensei just gave another option of reading :) so thank you for everything

There are people who want speed scans especially when the manga is already multiple volumes ahead in the country of origin. After I moved from Tokyo to study it was frustrating not being able to keep up with my friends back home. Sense-Scans is indeed great at what they do and their quality is top notch but there should be no problem letting Aizen release LQ scans for Sense to replace them later. I use "letting" very loosely as, of course, this is the internet and if he/she so chooses cant actually stop them from posting anything. If as Tammy says, they have been truly wanting to do this series and if they are really fans of this series it should not demoralize them. Rather it sounds like saying that people read it because they are fans of Sense more than they are fans of the manga. Although it may not be what she meant, that is how it came out. Once again my stand is that Aizen should be free to provide his service to those who want to read it and Sense should keep doing its great work putting out high quality scans.

Competition is always on of the best motivations to increase quality and productivity in any industry.

Cheers

Aizen,

Wouldn't it be a good idea to apply at Sense to help out with translations then?

I mean, it'd be a win-win then wouldn't it?

They offered to do a joint with me, and i told them i would gladly send them translations, but that i thought i would keep releasing these because I enjoyed this series and wanted people to get caught up on some much needed chapters. They replied with saying that their translator was okay with it and that their proofreader was actually getting more pumped up about releasing the chapters, faster.

Im still okay with helping them and sending them my translations, I just didnt want people to wait a month again for the next release. I mean, thats pretty much the point about the existance of speed scans, they sacrifice some quality in order to get it out sooner. 

Spoiler

Aizen,

Wouldn't it be a good idea to apply at Sense to help out with translations then?

I mean, it'd be a win-win then wouldn't it?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics