Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.63 - 404votes)

It's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular!

Alt Names: alt 私がモテないのはどう考えてもお前らが悪い!alt It's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular!alt WataMote
Author: Tanigawa Nico
Artist: Tanigawa Nico
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kuroki Tomoko is a super popular, high school girl, who has had 50 years of dating experience, and 100 boys... in the Otome game world. In the real world, she is a 15 year old shut in, who has all of the qualities of a "mojo."

However, when school isn't going as she expected, and she isn't as popular as she had thought she was, she takes a look at herself in the mirror for the first time in a few years, and has some shocking revelations...

Spin-offs:

> It's Not My Fault That My Friend's Not Popular.
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/its-not-my-fault-that-my-friends-not-popular-r8377 )

> Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui! Anthology
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/watashi-ga-motenai-no-wa-dou-kangaete-mo-omaera-ga-warui-anthology-r10477 )
Go to It's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Would you date the MC? New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 8 Replies
Topic Ucchi(Emoji-Girl) is getting way out of hand New Window TheEmojiFaceUcchi
  • 3 Replies
Topic Thus, I reviewed It's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular! New Window Swifft
  • 2 Replies
Topic Kuroki's lesbian harem New Window fekalist
  • 12 Replies
Topic Watamote favorite girls New Window Roxis
  • 6 Replies
Topic who's more of a creep(yandere) the Emoji-Girl or Tomoko's cousin? New Window AndreaSuprema
  • 1 Replies

2046 Comments

I like this release, rather embarassing, sad, but also funny. The main heroine is so awkward, but keeps trying in her own way. I hope something good happens to her soon. (-ish)
lol forever alone.
sooo freaking funny, great new release.
Its funny how shes talking about going into the other world, because this is so sad that i imagine myself petting Tomoko's head and cheering her up -.-. Its only 2d but the pain!
Hahaha! Finally a manga-character with a good sense of humor!

"That scene where the main character got naked and kept saying "I'm sorry, I'm sorry" in front of his ancestor's gravestone while rubbing his genitals on it."
XD Sounds like something I'd make up!
DISGUSTING.
Haha, this was great. She goes to shakes the hand of the voice actor, she paid for it and thinks: "I sound like a guy who's paying a prostitute." I laughed out loud.... it's so true, paying these kind of services is like paying for the person to humilate himself/herself. Hahahaha.... epic proverb.
The chapter overalll was hilarious.
great... this become creepier and creepier
I can imagine an older version of Tomoko in Welcome to the NHK
HAHAHA her face in http://vatoto.com/read/_/96927/its-not-my-fault-that-im-not-popular_v2_ch17_by_world-three/10, and she connected the headphones in the wrong plug, major burn. I love this series,

what? May 3rd for next chapter? NOOOOOOOO, I'll go to my happy world for the next 2 or 3 weeks
We need to add a new tag :"friggin embarrassing". I like it, but not everybody(especially extremely impressionable ones) can handle it. If you find the first chapter disturbing, you'd better stop, because the level of embarrassing situation will only rise in the next chapters.
@Electronica that's not the point of this manga it this manga isn't like the standard like omg he is very brave, omg he's smart, omg he's rich it shows the normal percentage of japan but most likely the "otaku" side of japan or loner
Omfg... Chapter 17 was soooOoooOO crazyy...
The sequel to this series, 10 years later: "I guess It's my fault I don't give a damn about social interaction", lol

Yes, I projected myself on that title, hohohoho
I think it's exagerating when you say her life is so sad. I mean sure, if you compare her way of living, her life with ours it would be total despair but guys, think of it this way... there's plenty of people of have a lifestyle worse than us, are worse of in circumstances and etc but there's plenty of poor people who are happier than richer.
What I'm trying to say, put yourself in her shoes... she's naive, simple and gets satisfaction in her own way. Ok, she has really low expectation but look at her... she thinks she succeeded a few times and she was happy about it, we pity her... but is she worse of than us? I mean, she's not aware how bad her life is but she's happy to an extent, she's not in total despair, suicidal and etc. I think, if she thinks she's changing, succeeding.... then she's better off than most of us who aren't satisfied with the good we have.

I apologise for the wall of writing, I was told to write at the latest chapter if it's long but I think this is relevant to the comments that might put off people from reading this. I think it's worth a read, it's really funny and not in a way where you laugh of her miserable life but funny in her naive, clumsy way.
I feel rather nauseous everytime I see her delve into another predicament of her own making. I find it hard to root a success for her when she, in my opinion, has no evident redeeming qualities. Sounds harsh, but I find her pathetic, with no good connotation whatsoever. Ch. 16 reaffirms that for me.
Cheating is like hacking except it's not on a computer...

So as Dr. Hax would say, HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!
Great manga.
She is my dream girl!!!
I might have to drop this manga because I just feel terrible and pitiful for her.
At first this was funny and bit cute, but the more invested I get in to the character, the more it hurts.

I love it.
I feel so bad for her especially in the last chapter. Cheating against little kids is hilarious.
I feel so bad for her especially in the last chapter. Cheating against little kids is hilarious.
Wow, I just can't finish reading ch. 15. WAY TOO EMBARRASING... :(
Oh gosh, there's spaghetti spewing everywhere.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics