Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.42 - 222votes)

Iron Knight

Alt Names: alt アイアンナイトalt Caballero de Hierroalt Cavaleiro de Ferroalt Demir Şövalyealt järn riddarenalt Kabalyerong Bakalalt Железный рыцарьalt אביר הברזלalt الفارس الحديديalt شوالیه آهنین
Author: Yagi Tomohiro
Artist: Yagi Tomohiro
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A boy with a body like steel encounters the "goblin virus" and must now protect his girlfriend.

Prototype oneshot: http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/goblin-night-r6744
Go to Iron Knight Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Do You Think It's Gonna Get Big? New Window Staw
  • 16 Replies
Topic Monster Personalities New Window jrusse18
  • 2 Replies

453 Comments

That ending felt like they didn't even end it properly. Not only was it axed but it was a sloppy axe. WTF.

yeah was about to say the same thing..
its not a bad ending, but kinda rushed for god sake...

It's a shame this got axed. It felt like it had potential to me, much like Stealth Symphony.

how does he hate the MC? The epilogue pretty much explained that he got his good ending. But, him being well... him he gained a lifespan many times greater than a normal human.

I wrote that before the epilogue was uploaded so with the information that I had at that moment it was easy to wrongly conclude that the author wanted to give his main character a really bad end, but I am glad to have been wrong on that, it would have been pretty sadistic to end the story with the protagonist selflessly sacrificing himself to protect some virtuous people  but benefitting a bunch selfish pricks like that fat fucker politician and the rest of his clique, who were as inhuman as the goblins.

And for those last few pages in the omake just makes the ending quite sweet for an axed series mmm...

The mangaka should try to submit for seinen  since his  workk seems more suitable in Seinen demographic mmm...

Well, the author really hated the main character but that was not surprising seeing how the original oneshots were, I feel a little sad after reading this chapter but at least I can say that it was a kinda memorable ending, it is quite different from many others that I have read. Thanks to all the people who worked in this manga.

This story really was not suited for the magazine were it was published, the setting and general tone of the oneshots probably would have been more suited for a seinen monthly magazine, maybe there the potential of the story could have been achieved, I still liked this manga so I guess that I can say that I am pleased to have read this story no matter were it was published, thanks again and good bye, great work as usual.

how does he hate the MC? The epilogue pretty much explained that he got his good ending. But, him being well... him he gained a lifespan many times greater than a normal human.

Oh wow! He actually got a good ending. Even though it was axed, at least, they tied most loose ends.

Spoiler
Thanks for those few pages of fun before the end of my day.

Spoiler

Well, the author really hated the main character but that was not surprising seeing how the original oneshots were, I feel a little sad after reading this chapter but at least I can say that it was a kinda memorable ending, it is quite different from many others that I have read. Thanks to all the people who worked in this manga.

This story really was not suited for the magazine were it was published, the setting and general tone of the oneshots probably would have been more suited for a seinen monthly magazine, maybe there the potential of the story could have been achieved, I still liked this manga so I guess that I can say that I am pleased to have read this story no matter were it was published, thanks again and good bye, great work as usual.

I found the first part of this story compelling enough to be surprised that It didn't get funding for a long publication. 

The author did not do a great job building depth in the story, so for the last few chapters, there was a strong sense of "Where can you go from here?"

Apparently the answer was nowhere.

Huh...

Spoiler

Pretty much what I wanted to say.
How did the humans even KNEW about so much beforehand? This sounds like : "Well, we never said they DIDN'T knew anything!"
But if they did, the fact the goblins had success in overtaking the world / country makes no sense at all. Also, I couldn't help but snort while seeing the soul sucking thing.

Me thinks the entire experience, in the eyes of the author, gears up to :

Spoiler

Sigh..... I like this author but he just hasn't really been given a chance to really tell us a proper story has he? We've essentially been told the same story three times, with three different endings. Yet, they all are open/cliff-hangers.

Either

1: He likes this sort of ending.

2: He never got to do the supposed real ending due to the axe.

Or 3: I have no clue what his agena is!

and he fucking hate teppei, why he can't have a happy or at least a near happy end in any of the finals (for happy I'm saying at least let him live with humans)

Sigh..... I like this author but he just hasn't really been given a chance to really tell us a proper story has he? We've essentially been told the same story three times, with three different endings. Yet, they all are open/cliff-hangers.

Either

1: He likes this sort of ending.

2: He never got to do the supposed real ending due to the axe.

Or 3: I have no clue what his agena is!

WTH? Is that seriously the last chapter?! That's so sad! Like, of course it feels rushed, and ridiculous with a bit of an ass-pull (tho as people have said, Yuki was suspicious from the beginning), but seriously, wth?

It just... Ends like that?! Brutal man. Brutal.

bad endings, bad endings as far as the eye can see. not once did we have a satisfactory ending for either one-shots and the series, that ended as fast as it started. but alright, its all good. its not like he stoped all the  other goblins, and its not like there is anyone else to save the people.  i wish the other girl had just died in the end. biggest failure at having a shadow of  colossus ending.

Art is good, oneshots were cool and serialization killed by some stupid ideas (shota mc).

Waiting for author's new work. It's said that he will publish his next oneshot in next Jump Next.

i want this manga to have a movie, a game, a poster, a sequel, anything! and i want it baaaaaad

That ending felt like they didn't even end it properly. Not only was it axed but it was a sloppy axe. WTF.

IMO, for an axed ending it's better than expected mmm...
Huh...

Spoiler

eh

I can get behind his reasoning.
That's essentially the benefit of having an open-setting, you can insert what ever you want because you never really bothered to explain anything.

You see that crap all over Shounen, it's a basic tactic for authors whom do not really want to think too hard.
It's the : "Well, you didn't ask" syndrome.
Look at Bleach : At first, Ichigo never hears of First Release, or Second Release (bankai), or Hollowfication, or Quincies, or super-hollows (Arrancar), or Soul-king.... All of these things can happen because, why, you never asked!
That's even especially true for Bleach, with the whole Aizen-twist : "I planned yo life all along" crap. How? Why, you never asked!

Is it lazy?
Yeah, I think it is ("Oh no, my prota is in a pinch, quickly, I must asspull a solution!")

Is it horrible?
Nah, I don't think it is. It's merely mediocre at best. It's not like Iron Knight was headed towards the Oscars; It was a cute story, but very quickly it revealed itself to act like a generic Shounen, and I don't think that's such a bad thing -- Iron Knight was merely never "great".

I'll just conclude this wall with : "Eh...Meh".

I still believe the editors were the cause of Iron Knight's downfall, it was supposed to be a dark story, just read both One-shots. The series however, used a much "brighter" approach to the situation, which kind of killed the original purpose of the story

Spoiler

Terrible ending wish they didn't rush...

Absolutely no closure.

That's how it usually works in reality, though.

Your reasoning is impeccable.

Terrible ending wish they didn't rush...

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics