Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 213votes)

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime

Alt Names: alt Akagami no Shirayuki Himealt Akagami no Shirayukihimealt สโนวไวท์ผมแดงalt Bind Usalt Bokura wo Tsunaidealt Die rothaarige Schneeprinzessinalt 빨강머리 백설공주alt 赤髪の白雪姫alt Kızıl Saçlı Pamuk Prensesalt Red-haired Snow White Princessalt Shirayuki aux cheveux rougesalt Snehvide med det røde håralt Snow White with the Red Hairalt Красновласая Белоснежкаalt بياض الثلج ذات الشعر الأحمر
Author: Akizuki Sorata
Artist: Akizuki Sorata
Genres: Adventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHistorical HistoricalRomance RomanceShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Shirayuki, a young girl born with unique apple-red hair, happens to meet a famous but foolish young man, Prince Raji. He falls in love with Shirayuki at first sight, and orders her to become his concubine.

Determined to do whatever it takes to resist his advances, but with nowhere else to go, Shirayuki cuts her hair and escapes to a neighboring country. While traversing through the forests, she meets an injured boy, Zen. After she boldly heals his wounds, he in return helps her. Meanwhile, Prince Raji sends out his henchmen to search for her.

What will become of Shirayuki? What is Zen’s true character? A refreshing fantasy story between an optimistic heroine and a prince who constantly stays on her watch.

Extra stories:
V.1 - Hachigatsu no Shikisa (Four-season Colour of August)
V.2 - Bokura o Tsunaide. (Bind Us)
V.14 - Natsu Yasumi Zero Zero Nichime
Go to Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Obi... New Window Piepie
  • 16 Replies
Topic Anime Summer 2015 New Window Zephyr0
  • 0 Replies

335 Comments

yeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhh updateee

An update, finally! *cries tears of joy*

Obi, i love you.

me too me too!!!! Zen is a prince an hes adorable but i hope she ends up with obi instead... <3

Ah, I hope we get an update soon on this series.

New member to the crew huh?

New Member? That's probably why no update, I'll go be anon and ask em later :3

Also Volume 11 is out, been out for a while actually, since January, Here.

Ah, I hope we get an update soon on this series.

New member to the crew huh?

Obi, i love you.

Your obsession with Obi aside...

DAMN YOU! You made me think a new Chapter was released DX

Obi, i love you.

So I already read Maoyuu - one of them, at least.  I tried all the others, which were all quite decent, thank you for the recommendations.  Freaks Squeele, in particular, was great.  Do you know if it is going to be translated?  It's available on Comixology, but only in french...

Yeah, Freaks Squeele would be one of my favourites too. Don't know for the translations. I'm french after all so I already read far ahead of any online reader. But well, good luck finding them. Or read in french if you're up for it. The language has many similarities with english. You won't be totally lost.

You also have Gu Fang Bu Zi Shang which is also quite interesting. Freaks' Squeele isn't shoujo but the characters are really awesome. Be Mine Hero has a strong female character on some aspects (but also some traditional aspects). The heroine of Keishichou Tokuhanka 007 is quite strong too. There must be others but those come to my mind for now.

So I already read Maoyuu - one of them, at least.  I tried all the others, which were all quite decent, thank you for the recommendations.  Freaks Squeele, in particular, was great.  Do you know if it is going to be translated?  It's available on Comixology, but only in french...

Kiki so hot o_O

But since when Mitsuhide x Kiki??

So: this, KareKano, Koi dano Ai dano, Saiunkoku, Oresama Teacher... Butter!!!...  I'm running out.  (And a few of those aren't really shoujo.  Like, if I'm going to count the Saiunkoku (the light novel adaptation manga), do I get to count Twelve Kingdoms (the light novel, in this case) as well?)  Anyhow, feel free to commend some to me!

Love your choiecs!

AAAH.

Those two are the reason I still squel from delight whenever a chapter is published. So much of them here! I've died and gone to heaven~ <3

Zen's cute and all, but he has Shirayuki, and with all their hardships, who'd want to part them.  So I'll just have Mitsuhide. :-P  And Obi.

Fantasy harems aside, I really wish there were more shoujo with clear-headed, responsible, strong heroines like Shirayuki.  Yes, I've read KareKano.  So that's two.  <laugh>  Honestly though, perhaps I found the wishy-washy, angsty and/or a bit dim characters something I could relate to when I was a young person, and shared those traits; as a person in my thirties, though, I just get impatient.

So: this, KareKano, Koi dano Ai dano, Saiunkoku, Oresama Teacher... Butter!!!...  I'm running out.  (And a few of those aren't really shoujo.  Like, if I'm going to count the Saiunkoku (the light novel adaptation manga), do I get to count Twelve Kingdoms (the light novel, in this case) as well?)  Anyhow, feel free to commend some to me!

You also have Gu Fang Bu Zi Shang which is also quite interesting. Freaks' Squeele isn't shoujo but the characters are really awesome. Be Mine Hero has a strong female character on some aspects (but also some traditional aspects). The heroine of Keishichou Tokuhanka 007 is quite strong too. There must be others but those come to my mind for now.

Because Omari's Sister is now Crimson Flower, let's update the links ^A^

Here

Zen's cute and all, but he has Shirayuki, and with all their hardships, who'd want to part them.  So I'll just have Mitsuhide. :-P  And Obi.

Fantasy harems aside, I really wish there were more shoujo with clear-headed, responsible, strong heroines like Shirayuki.  Yes, I've read KareKano.  So that's two.  <laugh>  Honestly though, perhaps I found the wishy-washy, angsty and/or a bit dim characters something I could relate to when I was a young person, and shared those traits; as a person in my thirties, though, I just get impatient.

I love this manga! Cute and delicate love story developing in a very complex world, with serious issues.

I totally love how she's with the prince, but it actually makes it harder, because there are bad sides at being the prince too.

And yeah, the clothes... I can sometimes spend a whole minute fixating the same picture and still feel like I should look more because the details are amazing.

This is such a cuuute manga <:D I seriously can't stop looking at their clothes. They are so beautifully designed and drawn, and every character has their own style too. Ever since someone pointed that out to me, it became one of AnS's selling points to me.

Deathless drama / character development works just fine with me. To be fair, Zen's childhood archer friend was killed by Mitsuhide, so there's one character-development-related death already. It's not like crudely using death to advance a story or personality is a good method, anyway. I expect if there's any more dying to be done, it better be for a damn spectacular reason.

I'm fine without people dying.  Nice to have another chapter--I guess that finishes up this arc.  Wonder what happens next?

@Nugester

You can say that about pretty much any kind of 'adventurous' romance manga.

- we definitely could use more deaths everywhere...

On the other hand, if that happens it would be kind of a cliche - a standard approach to an escalation.

So in a sense this manga is refreshing the way it is, because(!) it is 'pure'!

Why aren't any of the 4 paneled one shots translated? :\
When I first read this, it was refreshing with the strong female lead. But, it has gotten boring lately. I probably feel this way because at no point do I feel like anything bad will happen to Zen or Shirayuki. The mangaka needs to spice things up a little with a death or something. But I doubt that will happen.

Noooo~ I think I'd like someone much amazing other than Shirayuki for Obi. hehe. :) .

Well still, as long as Obi achieve his happiness! ><

Really. I wouldn't mind giving Shirayuki to OBI. ^_^ Gosh! Obi's my fave char~! >< kyaa.
Also, the situation is tensing up. I love where this is going. Finally.. something like a suspense. It's been a while I'm this excited! ^^
Yeah, I think it's up to Omari's Sister to decide whether they want their stuff uploaded. As a library person I think it's a pity when groups don't want things uploaded at all, especially since scanlation groups tend to be relatively short lived. If a group disappears and nobody uploaded their stuff, the stuff is gone, lost. They might almost as well have never done it in the first place. Scanlation should create an accumulating archive of manga readable by everyone in different languages. In that sense places like Batoto are a kind of online library.
But, whether I like a decision or not, it's still their decision to make.
This is one of my all time favorite manga (what I've read so far at least). I think what makes it so loveable is the fact that the main characters both do their best to maintain a positive attitude no matter the circumstances. They maintain hope, persevere, and overcome without feeling bitter towards those that have wronged them or wrongly judged them. If I could give only one thing learned to everyone in the world, it would be this.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics