Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 1029votes)

The Gamer

Alt Names: alt Banzaialt 더 게이머alt Oyuncu(Turkish)alt THE 게이머alt اللاعبalt بازیکن
Author: Sung Sang-Young
Artist: Sang-Ah
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyMartial Arts Martial ArtsMystery MysteryRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalWebtoon Webtoon[no chapters] [no chapters]
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: Official RAW of The Gamer: http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=552960

Official English translation: http://www.webtoons.com/episodeList?titleNo=88

====Batoto Staff Notice====
This comic has been requested to be taken down by Naver. Do not upload, for any language.
This record has been left here to serve as a notice.
===========================
Go to The Gamer Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Gamer latest chapter discussion New Window 12 others
  • 1391 Replies
Topic His Father? New Window Ninjacat Dude
  • 18 Replies
Topic poeple better at being a gamer then the gamer New Window cjk33
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies
Topic Light novel New Window 25Baam
  • 1 Replies

2160 Comments

OHHHH! A pvp! Yesssss! Now do an observe!

Glad we can read your release, been waiting since I don't want to read from that other group. Thank you (^_^)

But what about his Gamer-Passive?

He didn't panic, so his gamer-passive worked just fine.

He calmly analyzed the situation against the 2 of them and realized that he was screwed if he had a battle with them. 

And in one of the earlier chapters he already got advised that while he is able to easily learn pretty much everything, he lacks training in the respective skills (although that is significantly accelerated thanks to his ability) and is at a disadvantage against skilled opponents since his only opponents until now were zombies and large zombies (and a few ogres later on).

His "Spinning mana arrow" skill might be useful against small fry, but he needs some stronger attack for battles with strong opponents (his mana shield is fine though)

You sure? For example, "Nana to Kaoru" and "Mujaki no Rakuen" are not allowed for their content~

yea so bdsm bit allowed, this isn't the only site on the internet, also can we stop talking about this on this comment section, I think the forums would be a MUCH better place to voice this opinions on

These two....JEE-HAN AND SUNG SERIOUSLY FOR OTP NAOW. They look so cute together, for some reason!

And a deep thanks for Oneora, for picking up The Gamer.

man, this manga is so slow, not much fighting in it so far. I thought since he got powerful hes gona fight some bad guys but the author has made it pretty boring ,,,

That's the point. He's probably not 'that' powerful yet.

man, this manga is so slow, not much fighting in it so far. I thought since he got powerful hes gona fight some bad guys but the author has made it pretty boring ,,,

They're back :D
Thanks ONeoRa!

I got a question... what makes you think its only the content that matters what gets put onto Batoto? I know of alot of manga that make the grade however can't be put on due to copyright issues not content issues. I think people need to take a step back and learn the real facts. And stop jumping to "its double standereds!!!!, cause of the echhiness its not on Batoto.!!"

Which all you have to do is point to To-love-ru darkness which PROVES its not the content of sex or echhi, its copyright.

You sure? For example, "Nana to Kaoru" and "Mujaki no Rakuen" are not allowed for their content~

All you guys talking about Scanlation/Online Readers/policies/etc. Take it to a FORUM.  This isn't the place to talk about this.

I got a question... what makes you think its only the content that matters what gets put onto Batoto? I know of alot of manga that make the grade however can't be put on due to copyright issues not content issues. I think people need to take a step back and learn the real facts. And stop jumping to "its double standereds!!!!, cause of the echhiness its not on Batoto.!!"

Which all you have to do is point to To-love-ru darkness which PROVES its not the content of sex or echhi, its copyright.

There are manga on here that aren't allowed because of copyright, but if you look closely the manga usually state why they're not allowed and there's quite a few where it's the content. Also, back then when the deleting started the Batoto officials explicitly stated on the forums that it was the content. So don't you tell me I need to learn what's going on.

Since when did people reading manga have to choose any side but their own. There is no enemy the is only a group of people wanting to read manga and some people translating and hosting manga. I dont like to waste my time on petty squabbles over whose site is better.

It's not a 'petty squabble' between two sites. It's between scanlators and sites that exploit and degrade their work.

I agree that "enemy" is exaggerated, but when you realize profit-oriented sites like mangafox earn thousands of dollars each day by grabbing the hard work of hobbyists and re-uploading it in their own piss-poor image quality, you should find them at least a little objectionable.

The side of Batoto is the side of scanlators, and if you appreciate your free entertainment in any way, it already is your own side.

We do not know the full story, so we only can speculate about why did he act that way. I'd rather not judge, given that I'm on the dark about the situation, but I guess that the information given to us does give the majority of folks a right to think that way. Nevertheless, it's good to see that the Gamer will be picked up.

accutly on the site he pretty much stated he didn't like everyone else so... maybe not speculation?

Berserk which has been mentioned is a nice example, but even if you ignore the rape and fall into the American BS logic of sex=evil but violence=good, there's still some hypocrisy going around. You'll find several manga that are registered here but don't have any chapters because Batoto doesn't allow them but my favourite example is Nana to Kaoru which is an ecchi but not really explicit manga with a love story that adresses valid psychological points but was deleted while they proudly host To-Love Ru (/Darkness) which is more explicit and also about literally nothing else but the ecchi.

That said, I'm very glad that The Gamer updates again, because it's one of my favourite webtoons.

ok so if I get it right, botato censors manga not allowing stuff BUT allow explicit stuff... sorry but that doesn't make sense. Also would you tell some examples, cause it looks like you have some titles in your mind right? /end of derail

Berserk which has been mentioned is a nice example, but even if you ignore the rape and fall into the American BS logic of sex=evil but violence=good, there's still some hypocrisy going around. You'll find several manga that are registered here but don't have any chapters because Batoto doesn't allow them but my favourite example is Nana to Kaoru which is an ecchi but not really explicit manga with a love story that adresses valid psychological points but was deleted while they proudly host To-Love Ru (/Darkness) which is more explicit and also about literally nothing else but the ecchi.

That said, I'm very glad that The Gamer updates again, because it's one of my favourite webtoons.

Fear makes people idiots.

But what about his Gamer-Passive?

Since when did people reading manga have to choose any side but their own. There is no enemy the is only a group of people wanting to read manga and some people translating and hosting manga. I dont like to waste my time on petty squabbles over whose site is better. If I like the site i will use it and tell people about it that is what we should all do.

You misunderstand me.

I'm just saying that I doubt the people running Batoto would appreciate random mini adverts for mangahere or manga joy or whatever else in their comments section, any more than McDonalds would appreciate people giving advice on their website that you can get better burgers at Burger King.

Also see: the below comment.

Since when did people reading manga have to choose any side but their own. There is no enemy the is only a group of people wanting to read manga and some people translating and hosting manga. I dont like to waste my time on petty squabbles over whose site is better. If I like the site i will use it and tell people about it that is what we should all do. This is coming from someone who used this site from the begininng. Only Grumpy's account is older than mine.

Edit: He seems to have deleted his old account for some reason.

I think his point was that most other manga reader sites don't give any credits to the scanlators and watermark the mangas so it looks like they made it themselves. Well known examples for such "bad" manga reader sites are mangafox, mangareader, mangahere and a few others. Where are these "manga reading site watermarks"?

Depends on which site. 

Spoiler

In a nutshell:

If you actually appreciate what the scanlators do and want to see their work in full quality, then either read it here OR visit their homepage.

To find the scanlator's homepage click on the "group" button and then follow the "website" link. Most Scanlator groups also include a download of the full chapter so you can read it without going online.

If you want to read it on an android device after downloading, I recommend "Perfect Viewer", it is for free and the best android program for image/manga viewing I have come across this far. 

Yup. And love, and anger, and pretty much every intense emotion.

Of all the times, now he doesn't check their levels?

Wow, your account really is the second oldest! Beaten only by Nuralataion. I feel like you deserve some kind of internet trophy or something. lol.

What we joined on the same day.

Wow, what a douchebag! Because he does not like the others, he destroys the whole group and site?

We do not know the full story, so we only can speculate about why did he act that way. I'd rather not judge, given that I'm on the dark about the situation, but I guess that the information given to us does give the majority of folks a right to think that way. Nevertheless, it's good to see that the Gamer will be picked up.

ok so if I get it right, botato censors manga not allowing stuff BUT allow explicit stuff... sorry but that doesn't make sense. Also would you tell some examples, cause it looks like you have some titles in your mind right? /end of derail

well it dangerously escalated (lol about that rape...did she really said that? cause it felt totally not in place.) usually with that situation development someone gonna show up and save them (my bet is either sun-il or papa :)) either way it's good chance for MC to lecture her about throwing life away and gain some harem points™(and possible way to learn teleportation spell lolz)

Berserk. Berserk has a lot of rape. And death. Very explicit. But since it's popular, you know, it's here on the site, for readers to enjoy... well, the chapters that haven't fallen to the copyrights lolol

However Batoto heavily censors manga, not allowing stuff on their site allegedly for ecchi content, but at the same time prominently hosting far more explicit manga because they're popular and bring traffic.

well it dangerously escalated (lol about that rape...did she really said that? cause it felt totally not in place.) usually with that situation development someone gonna show up and save them (my bet is either sun-il or papa :)) either way it's good chance for MC to lecture her about throwing life away and gain some harem points™(and possible way to learn teleportation spell lolz)

Since when did people reading manga have to choose any side but their own. There is no enemy the is only a group of people wanting to read manga and some people translating and hosting manga. I dont like to waste my time on petty squabbles over whose site is better. If I like the site i will use it and tell people about it that what we should all do. This is coming from someone who used this site from the begininng. Only Grumpy's account is older than mine.
Edit: He seems to have deleted his old account for some reason.

Wow, your account really is the second oldest! Beaten only by Nuralataion. I feel like you deserve some kind of internet trophy or something. lol.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics