Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (3.95 - 21votes)

HOPE

Alt Names: alt Hope
Author: Suenobu Keiko
Artist: Suenobu Keiko
Genres: Drama DramaShoujo ShoujoTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Hikari is an ordinary girl who can always be found in the corner of the classroom, drawing manga. After a fateful encounter, she dashes toward her dream!

The girls’ battle begins now--through manga.
Go to HOPE Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

46 Comments

Intense shoujo is my type of shoujo. Suenobu Keiko works are awesome, they instill all sorts of emotions when you read them.

I'm sick of reading love triangles, but I can't stomach bullying even though that would be a change a scenery. Thanks for the work PS this manga is intense. That's why I'm going to soldier on.

Always have to brace yourself with Suenobu Keiko. I know I am. We'll see how things go in the next chapter. But that mom....I can't believe it...36 pages

This series starts off all hopeful (lol yeah sorry for that one) but you know how Suenobu Keiko works...

Spoiler

Volume 4 cover:

Spoiler

You know, if this was a battle manga, that huge ass poster wouldn't even be her final form. When she releases the final seal, no one will be able to oppose her might.

Gosh, I was seriously panicking for a second there. You know how the mangaka totally isn't afraid to cross the line with bullying. But Lol I reread the spoiler to reassure myself. Thank god I did. 

About the potential bullying,

Spoiler

THank you so much for that. It will certainly be more enjoyable now I don't have to brace myself.Though from what you're saying about that sheep, I'll see a lot of frustration in my future with this manga....

I think Hikari's one of the better shoujo protagonists out there. I feel her actions actually deserve/warrant the respect garnered from other characters (e.g. awe from classmates, inspiration for Yuu). She's sympathetic in the sense that she's more or less just an ordinary girl, but has a big heart and her burning passion for what she loves really shows in what she does, and that's the one thing that makes her "extraordinary."

It was pretty touching seeing that she, a ten year old kid, moved Yuu, a college student, to tears with that poster (more like...billboard-sized two page manga spread) of hers.

About the potential bullying,

Spoiler

Lol who said a poster can't be as large as a billboard? Sure would have liked to see what the colors are on the poster though. It looks amazing in black and white but it'd be spectacular in color!

But I was seriously holding onto my heart here, bracing for the worst since this mangaka is known for bullying content in her manga (like serious messed up as heck bullying). I was so worried that the teacher was going to bully a kid, A KID!! So mean....I'm glad her classmates stood up for her though. awesome!

Hikari is 'projecting' onto her manga - she's Cinderella and her teacher is the Wicked Stepmother. Now she just had a run in with Prince Charming!

except now it's prince charming that has gone on the run! I hope all this teacher bullying nonsense will come to an end though or that it doesn't get any worse but still bracing myself for it (gotta do that with this mangaka) ><

JESUS CHRIST GIRL!

That's no Poster, That's a Fucking Wall Mural!

That things bigger than the floor of her classroom.

You could use that as a Trampoline.

Or a Parachute.

That Poster's so Huge it makes Yo' Mama look like a twig.

I'm disliking there are so many people that don't understand her love for art especially her mom, but I guess that's life for you...

The teacher has to learn that it isn't a teachers job to protect children from failing but to encourage them in the things they want to do even if they are bad at it. Practice makes perfect!

Well probably teach had failed miserably in her past and afterwards wished there had been an adult to correct her path.

People are mostly the products of their experiences and thus if we want to understand them we have to understand their past first.

Somebody needs to throw that teacher in the river.

Hikari is 'projecting' onto her manga - she's Cinderella and her teacher is the Wicked Stepmother. Now she just had a run in with Prince Charming!

I didn't notice even when they were all repeating CINDERELLACINDERELLACINDERELLA...

That being said, that doesn't change what I think about the teacher.

That was lovely, thanks for the update!

Doesn't matter, the teacher is still a bitch. Especially with the last page of Ch. 1.2 !

Wow, that teacher is such a bitch...

Wow, that teacher is such a bitch...

That was cheap...

It stops there!?

I didn't expect a cliffhanger on the first chapter!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics