Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 628votes)

Kono Oto Tomare!

Alt Names: alt Arrête toi au son !alt この音とまれ!alt 一弦定音!alt Bu Ses Durdursun!alt Stop by This Sound!alt Задержите этот звук!
Author: Amyuu
Artist: Amyuu
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaMusic MusicRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Since the graduation of the senior members of the club, Takezou ends up being the sole member of the "Koto" (traditional Japanese string instrument) club. Now that the new school year has begun, Takezou will have to seek out new members for the club, or the club will be terminated. Out of nowhere, a new member barges into the near-abandoned club room, demanding to join the club. How will Takezou be able to keep his club alive and deal with this rascal of a new member?
Go to Kono Oto Tomare! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Comadrin
  • 51 Replies
Topic Koto Music New Window -____-'
  • 15 Replies

737 Comments

I wonder if Takezou will become the MC again; Seems unlikely.

Kinda has a too shoujo feel to me. :|

I agree.

Note that mangaka's past manga titles are all shoujo.

KoT has a lot of feels.

These guys should really get a metronome. Seems like pretty basic shit to me, especially for beginners.

Kudou continues to become more and more likable, Takezou continues to be a fantastic leader through his willingness to work hard and trust in others, the pals are great side characters, Houtuski is a good tough female lead, and the developments up to now are great for pushing on each member/group of members to improve on their weaknesses and faults. Even the depth given to side-characters is great, for the space they receive.

Every aspect of this series is great.

I can't help but look forward to dozens more chapters of this. I feel surprisingly invested in the characters, I want to stick around to see them succeed and grow.

And I'd like to see someone play the koto.

Nice new volume cover :)

I don't like the pairing of that could happen in this manga. Kudou and Houtsuki doesn't seem like a good couple. And the fact that the focus of the manga keeps jumping from Tetsuki to Kudou is really annoying I don't really care for Kudou.

I hope he refuses her to let he join the club, just because it seems like ''fun''

I have a slight worry that she might be the ''sort of atagonist'' for maybe 1-3 chapters.

I think she'll be an accidental antagonist. Pretty much serious girl will be serious and angry at the frivolous girl who'll be carefree. I wouldn't be surprised if she's actually good at the Koto, since in most manga's the reason for their boredom is because they are so good at everything.

Kinda has a too shoujo feel to me. :|

I really loved the way Kudou looked after he saw that his grandfather made that koto for him.   It was emotional.   And all that attention they got.  

She looked pretty worried when all those girls were after him, hmmm. 

A possible pairing that DOESN'T involve the nerdy glasses guy? Count me IN.

Yeah, because the bad boy is a really a good boy pairing is such a rare thing to find. b7dy09.gif

I think this new girl is being brought in to have for Takezou's sake since the other two was a guaranteed pairing from the start.

I hope he refuses her to let he join the club, just because it seems like ''fun''

I have a slight worry that she might be the ''sort of atagonist'' for maybe 1-3 chapters.

yeah, she'll probably be a total bitch for a few chapters and then end up being the cheery girl of the club

i had to listen to a koto on youtube to make sure this isn't hard rock since it seemed a bit too hardcore in the latest chapter.

Yea, I know what you mean. Every time they show someone playing the Koto well in the manga, it's always intense w/ tons of lines as if they were trying to convey speed. :P

i had to listen to a koto on youtube to make sure this isn't hard rock since it seemed a bit too hardcore in the latest chapter.

This manga is kind of underrated, is really good.

Kind of underrated? It is very underrated, characters are likable, stories good and the arts rlly good too!!! Although im prob very biased, koto is my favourite instrument! :)

Man.. Had goosebumps from this last chapter... The strong feelings and emotions were illustrated so vividly. 

I just discovered this manga today, and I'm totally hooked (basically, I love koto music, and also love well-written music manga).  I saw Inzaratha's comment about it being really good, and decided to give it a try.  I'm really glad I did.  I think the description about a "rascal" in the club kind of threw me off (it sounded so juvenile).  Thanks, Fried Squid Scans and Shoujo-Sense, for bringing us a really good read.

This manga is kind of underrated, is really good.

Thanks for the chapter, I will patiently await for the next one. cheers.

Such a beautiful chapter, thanks very much Fried Squid Scans & Shoujo-Sense scans!, and everyone else who work on it!.

This series has been building a feels ramp for a while now, and all of a sudden in the last two chapters, it turned on us and pushed us down through all of the feels all over again.

*sniff* Dammit. This is wonderful.

I loved how the audience members went from mocking them to looking shocked that it was a real performance, same with the guy who wanted to disband them.   They will look at Kudou differently now. 

So, if that douchebag thinks he can disband the club, he can just shove it, am I right? XD

Oh Chapter 8...the feels...so many feels.

he doesnt even seems to be interested in anything but the koto club

Correction: in anything but HIS SENPAI's koto club

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics