Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.18 - 99votes)

Infinite Stratos (YUUKI Homura)

Alt Names: alt IS (YUUKI Homura)alt IS -インフィニット・ストラトス- (結城焔)
Author: Yumizuru Izuru
Artist: Yuuki Homura
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyEcchi EcchiHarem HaremMecha MechaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Students are trained in the Infinite Stratos academy to pilot the weapon system IS (Infinite Stratos). Although it is believed that only females have the ability to operate the IS, there is one man who can. His name is Orimura Ichika.

Relaunch of the Infinite Stratos manga drawn by Yuuki Homura.
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/infinite-stratos-r425 )

Related:

> Infinite Stratos - Official Anthology Comic
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/infinite-stratos-official-anthology-comic-r4768)

> Infinite Stratos - Sugar & Honey (Charlotte Spin-off)
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/infinite-stratos-sugar-honey-r9426 )

> IS!
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/is-r4779)

> Infinite Stratos Black Bunny/White Bitter
(http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/infinite-stratos-black-bunnywhite-bitter-r16181)
Go to Infinite Stratos (YUUKI Homura) Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Comparison to Original Infinite Stratos New Window Zhi Laohu
  • 4 Replies

252 Comments

Spoiler

136458681657668_by_sakura1212360-d5zp6w1

Since when do harems have any testosterone in general...

Spoiler

136458681657668_by_sakura1212360-d5zp6w1

@yariel
erm...

Spoiler

yep, what I mention is the "simple" one ...

(since I think "Yumizuru Izuru" seems won't make any too depth plot for character ... tough I think it would be nice if MC or few other character have more depth story)

hmm, now that I think about it ...

most girl in harem including MC seems have "trouble" with their parent ... I wonder if there's certain "depth" in it ...

@yariel
erm...

Spoiler

Ch 04 ...

hmm, just like I has worried before ...

"Yuuki Homura" seems not quite adept in making IS fighting event ...

should have :

1. all character in fight have more intense expression ...

2. IS detail shouldn't get holed and left unfinished ...

3. the fight it's self isn't intensified enough ...

but ...

this deviated event from "Yuuki Homura" actually more plausible compared the original ...

I mean, if MC just fail to strike and the enemy actually get fall in love is kinda ... well ... off ?

however if MC actually put and risk everything to help her, that would be another story ...

(this kinda rough version of copy-paste Laura fighting event tough)

Dunno 'bout anyone else, but that whole fight came off as really rigid and unappealing to me. Movements were rough and the characters' faces could've done with a lot more expression.

The lack of PLOT in this chapter is disturbing, considering that it's drawn by Yuuki Homura

So far I'm not enjoying this version as much as the original. The character art is pretty offputting. The persistent blush on Houki's face loses any impact it had after the first two pages of it. The female bodies are disproportionate, especially the breasts. They look just plain awkward in a lot of panels. The facial expressions are very stiff as well, they don't convey the character's emotions well at all.

Humans aside, the IS definitely look better in this version.

As far as the MC, Ichika comes off as sexist, and a bit of a douche. This might just be bad or lazy translation though.

The script seemed lacking compared to the original(Try reading the first chapter of each side by side). e.g. in the original, there was a bit of background details for the IS, describing them as originally being used as space suits. In here, they're called hunks of metal. This could also be an issue with the translator- but for now I'm assuming it's not.

Final note: The original is much better so far- but the original also went downhill pretty fast after the first ten or fifteen chapters. Hopefully this version does the opposite, and gets a lot better after the first few chapters. The art is already looking better than it did in the first chapter, and the scan team is working hard to do quality work.

No fan service this chapter? Outrageous!

In the LN the fight itself is Ichika being bombarded by the Blue Tears until he gets into his second shift and starts hacking the bits. The only difference is that Ichika uses his one-off in the LN (causing his energy to run out and lose). Homura probably did it this way as to start off the Cecilia route since in the LN its kinda weird how she falls for him.

Dumb Ichika Tales

Spoiler

Spoiler

+1 to Ichika's harem. All going according to plan~

nov8rb.jpg

Is it me or was that fight...badly done?  Literally, it was just Ichika hitting the attack bits down one by one.  There was almost zero tension in the whole thing.  Then, Cecilia suddenly berserks but Ichika somehow "risked his life for her" (according to Cecilia herself anyways). 

@1Suspect & Saracin ...

About Ichika family and the real situation ...

(at least from what I get from, past manga, novel and anime ... I hope this all correct ... or at least most of it ...)

Spoiler

mangaka for certain adaptation novel rarely bring the story to the way they want since it might destroy the image from the novel itself ... (they usually read deeply and even ask suggestion from the novelist themself including permission to use their novel story as base story for manga version)

@Stark ...

Spoiler

i just noticed but this and the original are rip offs of Muv-Luv

Spoiler

Likable and very diverse characters, intriguing plot lynchpin from technology intended for usage in space but turned into a key element in powers of warfare.. School premises which leaves almost anything open and whatever author intends to put in can be done without really tedious planning how to introduce the idea... Only 2 things in this story which suck are OVERLY gender racistic world and slapstick jokes which soon turn tedious because they are all done over normal life accidents which arent really that major, yet the main character has to be practically  burned on a stake and served with salad and red wine, preferably Nederburg Shiraz, for it.. Novels are really interesting but when checked anime, I realised how unamusing those "pain for no plausible reason" jokes are on the long run.

About the money thing, she would only be making money if she was still a pilot and she hasn't used her IS I believe since Ichika was kidnapped when he was a child. And while she might work as an instructor, I doubt they pay her any more than anyone else. Plus it could always be that he worked part time because he never wanted to ask for money from his sister.

And if you haven't read the light novels and only the manga's or the anime, which have cut out small parts (And one slightly major element since the the IS at the end of the anime had a pilot and she's not there for some reason). I don't think he was being sexist, just underestimating her. He has a point about men in general being physically stronger than women, but in this case her skill more than made up for any difference in strength.

as far as i know, she did indeed retire after his kidnapping, and i doubt she receives more than the average teacher in our world. it doesnt feel good to leech off others, so i think that was why he took part-time work, so the money he spent truly was his own, and not his sisters.

spot on about the underestimating thing. as houki herself said, he never lost to her when he was younger, if he still thought that he was stronger, it wouldnt be surprising if thats the case (and he got his ass handed to him, as expected of a national champion)

I'm disappointed with whoever wrote this latest chapter, it's terrible, example:

Firstly, after he says he went home for 3 years, he says to himself that he was doing part time work to help their finances.

That is full of shit, there is no way he would of had to work part time to help his sister who is incredibly famous and revered, she obviously makes bank.

Secondly, during the fight with houki it showed that he has become incredibly sexist in this new adaption, even in previous manga/anime it wasn't THIS bad.

To me he just comes off more like a douche than before, he is unlikeable now.

About the money thing, she would only be making money if she was still a pilot and she hasn't used her IS I believe since Ichika was kidnapped when he was a child. And while she might work as an instructor, I doubt they pay her any more than anyone else. Plus it could always be that he worked part time because he never wanted to ask for money from his sister.

And if you haven't read the light novels and only the manga's or the anime, which have cut out small parts (And one slightly major element since the the IS at the end of the anime had a pilot and she's not there for some reason). I don't think he was being sexist, just underestimating her. He has a point about men in general being physically stronger than women, but in this case her skill more than made up for any difference in strength.

Sorry about that, some of those were mistakes. The manga says なくなって which either means 亡くなる (passed away) or 無くなる (disappeared). I released a new version that fixed some of these problems, like Ichika didn't really say he was looking down on Houki. Apologies, things fall through the cracks, we'll do better next time. 

Oh alright, i'll give the new release another read and see if that fixes my issues, but i wasn't taking issue with the translation i just thought the author done shitty writing.

Thanks for the update.

I'm disappointed with whoever wrote this latest chapter, it's terrible, example:

Firstly, after he says he went home for 3 years, he says to himself that he was doing part time work to help their finances.

That is full of shit, there is no way he would of had to work part time to help his sister who is incredibly famous and revered, she obviously makes bank.

Secondly, during the fight with houki it showed that he has become incredibly sexist in this new adaption, even in previous manga/anime it wasn't THIS bad.

Sorry about that, some of those were mistakes. The manga says なくなって which either means 亡くなる (passed away) or 無くなる (disappeared). I released a new version that fixed some of these problems, like Ichika didn't really say he was looking down on Houki. Apologies, things fall through the cracks, we'll do better next time. 

Houki +9000!
Out of the way Charlotte!

I'm disappointed with whoever wrote this latest chapter, it's terrible, example: Firstly, after he says he went home for 3 years, he says to himself that he was doing part time work to help their finances.That is full of shit, there is no way he would of had to work part time to help his sister who is incredibly famous and revered, she obviously makes bank. Secondly, during the fight with houki it showed that he has become incredibly sexist in this new adaption, even in previous manga/anime it wasn't THIS bad. To me he just comes off more like a douche than before, he is unlikeable now.

Also, who the heck said that theyre parents died? If that was the case, Chifuyu wouldnt have that hateful motivation against their parents as a heavy reason why Chifuyu work so hard for Ichika and being over affectionate over him. Im getting the feeling this story is gonna be altered really badly later on.

And once again, I thank you Homura-sensei. (from a Houki's fan point of view)

i just noticed but this and the original are rip offs of Muv-Luv

I don't know if I call it a ripoff. In Muv-Luv Unlimited the hero isn't the only male who can pilot, just he's the only one featured in the game. Also the robots are giant robots, while in IS they are more like battle armor. And they aren't fighting a war against monsters or aliens. I'd say there is the strong possibility that IS is inspired by Muv-Luv Unlimited in that it's a romcom based around mech action, but that's about it.

Is it just me or did Houki's "plots" got bigger?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics