Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.18 - 99votes)

Infinite Stratos (YUUKI Homura)

Alt Names: alt IS (YUUKI Homura)alt IS -インフィニット・ストラトス- (結城焔)
Author: Yumizuru Izuru
Artist: Yuuki Homura
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyEcchi EcchiHarem HaremMecha MechaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Students are trained in the Infinite Stratos academy to pilot the weapon system IS (Infinite Stratos). Although it is believed that only females have the ability to operate the IS, there is one man who can. His name is Orimura Ichika.

Relaunch of the Infinite Stratos manga drawn by Yuuki Homura.
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/infinite-stratos-r425 )

Related:

> Infinite Stratos - Official Anthology Comic
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/infinite-stratos-official-anthology-comic-r4768)

> Infinite Stratos - Sugar & Honey (Charlotte Spin-off)
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/infinite-stratos-sugar-honey-r9426 )

> IS!
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/is-r4779)

> Infinite Stratos Black Bunny/White Bitter
(http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/infinite-stratos-black-bunnywhite-bitter-r16181)
Go to Infinite Stratos (YUUKI Homura) Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Comparison to Original Infinite Stratos New Window Zhi Laohu
  • 4 Replies

252 Comments

this. light novels were a pretty decent read actually. however much i like IS as a whole, the 2nd season was utter shit, and recycled the already scarce plot season 1 had, even the music was reused. like, fuck. i give up.

lol decent? you're putting it way too kind, i mean it's not like the novels were a work of art to begin with, but after two years of hiatus we could've at least gotten something better, but what we get were from somewhere between "oh okay" to "meh"... but yea the anime was total and utter shit worse than the new volume of the original material

Poor Ichika. If only they give him proper explanation instead of bitching about "maiden" heart.

Might of a fully armed Rin? Bah, we all know Ichika's going to eventually wipe the floor with her. >.>

Season 2 of the anime is really more a sequel to season 1, rather than a proper adaptation of the original light novel, which was already straying away from the source material, and the build up and execution for several events loses a lot of their impact in the anime due to being out of order and shoe-horned in.

For example, the Silver Gospel actually had a pilot trapped inside in the LNs, which was significant as it meant that it actually required some skill from Ichika to disable it while not accidentally killing her. Likewise, Tabane's comment in volume 8 of the LN (used in season 2, ep11) about how only Chifuyu might match her in a fight, that actually made sense and had context in the LN.

Spoiler

this. light novels were a pretty decent read actually. however much i like IS as a whole, the 2nd season was utter shit, and recycled the already scarce plot season 1 had, even the music was reused. like, fuck. i give up.

Well..I had to come find this series and give it 1 star because of my frustration with the anime.  I decided to try the second season, despite hating season 1, because I had read somewhere that Ichika actually becomes useful in the light novel and the anime might reach that point.

Season 2 of the anime is really more a sequel to season 1, rather than a proper adaptation of the original light novel, which was already straying away from the source material, and the build up and execution for several events loses a lot of their impact in the anime due to being out of order and shoe-horned in.

For example, the Silver Gospel actually had a pilot trapped inside in the LNs, which was significant as it meant that it actually required some skill from Ichika to disable it while not accidentally killing her. Likewise, Tabane's comment in volume 8 of the LN (used in season 2, ep11) about how only Chifuyu might match her in a fight, that actually made sense and had context in the LN.

Spoiler

Well, Ichika sure has overwhelming talent^^

I mean over the course of the light novel he actually managed to friendzone no less than 6 girls who all got the romance flag for him

-) Houki

-) Rin

-) Charl

-) Laura

-) Gotanda Ran (not student of IS academy, had crush on Ichika before he touched IS)

Spoiler

All of them look quite good too...

And let's not forget the army of worshippers (all female of course)

I bet the final ending of the LN will be Ichika appearing to be choosing one of the girls but then he dumps all of them into the friendzone, resulting into another rage attack from the girls because he didn't start a romance and then a "THE END" text

Well..I had to come find this series and give it 1 star because of my frustration with the anime.  I decided to try the second season, despite hating season 1, because I had read somewhere that Ichika actually becomes useful in the light novel and the anime might reach that point.  I don't see it happening.  I love harem, action, comedy genre mangas but this one is beyond terrible.  It's not uncommon to see a series where the male protagonist is completely useless but this one rubs sand into your eyes by making you think he might be worth something from the start because he has the capacity to pilot a machine no other male pilot can.  A feature wasted on a character that underperforms when compared to all the other female pilots.

Well, this is not the anime and season 2 of the anime does not follow the LN properly. Judging everything based on the anime is not a good way of going about it.

Well..I had to come find this series and give it 1 star because of my frustration with the anime.  I decided to try the second season, despite hating season 1, because I had read somewhere that Ichika actually becomes useful in the light novel and the anime might reach that point.  I don't see it happening.  I love harem, action, comedy genre mangas but this one is beyond terrible.  It's not uncommon to see a series where the male protagonist is completely useless but this one rubs sand into your eyes by making you think he might be worth something from the start because he has the capacity to pilot a machine no other male pilot can.  A feature wasted on a character that underperforms when compared to all the other female pilots.

Did Ichika just check out Houki's ass?
HOLY FUCK THIS IS MORE PROGRESS MADE THAN 2 SEASONS WORTH OF ANIME.

Where did you get that info from? As far as I know, the only thing that was made public was that he had a dispute with Media Factory, nothing else. There were a lot of unconfirmed rumors, but it seems that the drama was within Media Factory itself, since the new volume is being published by OVERLAP, a newly created company established by three executives that resigned from Media Factory.

I also think it's just a rumor, but this rumor was the most popular information.

Where did you get that info from? As far as I know, the only thing that was made public was that he had a dispute with Media Factory, nothing else. There were a lot of unconfirmed rumors, but it seems that the drama was within Media Factory itself, since the new volume is being published by OVERLAP, a newly created company established by three executives that resigned from Media Factory.

I guess Media Factory get their rival from their hater then ... =3= ...

(I wonder why they create rumor like that ?)

He didn't get sick. Basically what happened was the author was approached by some other publisher that offered a lot more money than his current one.

So he decided that he would break the contract and move to the other publisher, but just as that was happening, the other publisher was M&A'd by his old publisher, making his old publisher pretty much a superpower in LN world, thereby ostracizing the author from the industry, cancelling a lot of projects. Basically the author was an asshole and he got what he deserved.

Pretty much.

For those who don't know, the (light novel) author got sick a few years back and had to take a long hiatus from the series (almost 2 years) so work on the manga/anime came to a grinding halt in case he didn't recover. This manga is basically going to be ~70 chapters worth of fan service (chapter 6 isn't even the entire first light novel).

He didn't get sick. Basically what happened was the author was approached by some other publisher that offered a lot more money than his current one.

So he decided that he would break the contract and move to the other publisher, but just as that was happening, the other publisher was M&A'd by his old publisher, making his old publisher pretty much a superpower in LN world, thereby ostracizing the author from the industry, cancelling a lot of projects. Basically the author was an asshole and he got what he deserved.

Fast forward two years: stuff are getting published under a new publisher with a help from the person who approached him before. And well, since the series is super popular (to those who don't know of the incident, which is the vast majority) things got rebooted, like republishing the LNs under a new publisher and a new artist (the character designer of Xenogears, BusoShinki, etc. Super famous), and the reboot of the anime.

He is met with a lot of negatives when mentioned in an old Japanese anime/manga community.

Just like the authors of Toriko (underage prostitution; pedophile) and D.Grayman (plagarism) and Chihayafuru (plagarism), things get rebooted/authors make a comeback after a few years (or even months) of going under if they are popular enough

Well, this manga exists basically just so we can read IS again with the fanservice factor up, with Yuuki Homura's artwork.

I'd rather not.

Pretty much.

For those who don't know, the (light novel) author got sick a few years back and had to take a long hiatus from the series (almost 2 years) so work on the manga/anime came to a grinding halt in case he didn't recover. This manga is basically going to be ~70 chapters worth of fan service (chapter 6 isn't even the entire first light novel).

Ahh Ichika....

Spoiler

Seeing Ichika's clueless face with the girls again and again makes me want to curb stomp him...

Well, this manga exists basically just so we can read IS again with the fanservice factor up, with Yuuki Homura's artwork.

I'd rather not.

Season 2 has started.

They said it would be a ReBoot.

ReBoot my ass, that's totally a second season. Woohoo!

That group photo don't look right.

Spoiler

this is a lot closer to what the art in the light novel looks like 

urgh, the mangaka get heatstroke ...

I hope he is going to be okay ...

(no hiatus please, BTW, anime in the next 2 weeks ... NICE !!!)

BTW, this page makes me reread IS H doujin (for Cecilia x MC ... err ... "event")

Spoiler

*deleted because various "reason" ... lolz *

Oh cool, another hentai manga artist making the transition...

I am all for it.

it seems like everyone's racks just got a an upgrade, still chifuyu-sensei was the one that got extremely sexy upgrade.

Houki's rack...it's growing, and getting so much better!

Also, that bra really is doing a good job of support. XD

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics