Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.52 - 361votes)

Btooom!

Alt Names:
Author: Inoue Junya
Artist: Inoue Junya
Genres:
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Ryota Sakamoto is one of the top-ranked players of BTOOOM!, an online battle game. But no amount of simulated warfare could have propared him for what is to come… Ryota wakes one evening to find himself dangling from a tree by a parachute with no recollection of how he got there. Before he can orient himself to his unfamiliar surroundings, Ryota is attacked. As a barrage of explosives rain down on him, Ryota realizes that he too has a pack of bombs…bombs that look very similar to the ones used in BTOOOM! Ryota may have mastered the online game, but can he come out on top in this real-life game of survival?!
Go to Btooom! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Komodo Dragons do have poison New Window Joshua Iamalime Zhang
  • 23 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Cheesus
  • 80 Replies
Topic How would you rank the BIMs New Window bumblebee310
  • 29 Replies
Topic Final Arc New Window Staw
  • 2 Replies
Topic How's the manga been recently? Quality wise. New Window Lurker01
  • 1 Replies
Topic Where to buy it? New Window _Alex
  • 1 Replies

1057 Comments

Your argument is true, but it hinges on some hidden premises: while you say the civilized world would never accept it, your argument is true as long as world found out. That can be explained away in-universe.  As long as the purportedly very wealthy and powerful man that backs this company that runs the game, bribes the right people, and makes sure the surveillance and intelligence communities are involved in his favor, none will be the wiser. 

The whole deathgame can be explained by his--though I don't remember the guy's name--canonical wealth and power.

They explained early on that they want to roll this out publically. This is just a test period.

So is your mom

So is your sister, teach her to do a better job please.

So MC and Himiko (blondie girl) ....

Spoiler

It will really suck if one of them needs to die at the end of manga.

Cover 21!! LOL, like the opening of the anime

51W8k6TJXdL.jpg

Beetho-bentou. I'm not saying I wouldn't eat it, but Symphony No. 5 sounds a little ominous for a food jingle.

Da-da-da-dunnnnn.

After opening this and Watamote in separate tabs, I mistook that cover for Tomoko for a second.

Man, you and I have the same follows.

Just felt like saying that.

After opening this and Watamote in separate tabs, I mistook that cover for Tomoko for a second.

Holy shit those raws.
Spoiler

Thanks for the new chapter Currypuff!!
It's getting intense...

So is your mom

At least i can understand my mum

But seriously, could need some proofreading. Especially when it's partially a flashback to something already translated better

The translation on those new chapters is pretty bad

So is your mom

I just realized that the Btooom! game is a metaphor. You have convicts who are wrongfully convicted (Himiko, Soga), those who are guilty of the crimes they're accused of committing but you wonder if the punishment fits the crime (Sakamoto, Higuchi, Togo), and those who are guilty and deserving of the punishment they receive (Kira, dr. what's-his-name, the ex-military guy). The manga is designed to make you think about the consequences of an inhumane justice system.

"Will other people do something to stop all of it? Lol no except they somehow got involved within it."

I don't know if you understand but this is a breach of our basic human rights. If anybody can be nominated to be kidnapped and forced to play the game then the large majority will definitely stand against the games. I don't know how you came to the conclusion that no one would stop the games unless "they somehow got involved within it" but being under the constant fear of the possibility of being nominated will lead to the community banding against the supporting corporations and game.

And with that mentality, I nominate you~ goodbye~ :P We don't know how many nominations it takes, maybe just 1? maybe a group? maybe 100? /shrug It might very well be that easy to rid people for the $

The translation on those new chapters is pretty bad

chapter?

You can find the raws on senmanga. This manga is basic enough to figure out what's happening based on what all the characters are doing. Funny how without dialogue you can usually look at the plot as suspense -> fanservice -> action -> fanservice.

Latest raw chapter has rape of MC

Spoiler

chapter?

Latest raw chapter has rape of MC

Spoiler

Even if there's anything like that IRL

The World not accepting these? Yes

Will other people cares about those? Yes maybe

Will other people do something to stop all of it? Lol no except they somehow got involved within it

"Will other people do something to stop all of it? Lol no except they somehow got involved within it."

I don't know if you understand but this is a breach of our basic human rights. If anybody can be nominated to be kidnapped and forced to play the game then the large majority will definitely stand against the games. I don't know how you came to the conclusion that no one would stop the games unless "they somehow got involved within it" but being under the constant fear of the possibility of being nominated will lead to the community banding against the supporting corporations and game.

No clue what's happening now. 

Unless it shows that at least a couple of people died on Oda's flashback I'll get really mad that not even a god damn single person died offscreen, away from Ryota's group ever since the start of the game... It's like saying that that guy that tried to kill Ryota right on second 1 was the single person in the entire "game" that tried to get out of the island as fast as possible...

Your argument is true, but it hinges on some hidden premises: while you say the civilized world would never accept it, your argument is true as long as world found out. That can be explained away in-universe.  As long as the purportedly very wealthy and powerful man that backs this company that runs the game, bribes the right people, and makes sure the surveillance and intelligence communities are involved in his favor, none will be the wiser. 

The whole deathgame can be explained by his--though I don't remember the guy's name--canonical wealth and power.

Didn't they say that they intend to tell the world about this system?

The manga still fails to address the issue that entire premise hinges on.

The fact that the civilized world would NEVER accept this. People all over the planet would have a nervous breakdown over the level of human rights violations. Whole nations would cut ties with Japan, and forget staying in the UN. The sheer level of systemic economic destruction Japan would face by subjecting innocent people to a death game would be staggering.

Even if there's anything like that IRL

The World not accepting these? Yes

Will other people cares about those? Yes maybe

Will other people do something to stop all of it? Lol no except they somehow got involved within it

The fact that the civilized world would NEVER accept this. People all over the planet would have a nervous breakdown over the level of human rights violations. Whole nations would cut ties with Japan, and forget staying in the UN. The sheer level of systemic economic destruction Japan would face by subjecting innocent people to a death game would be staggering.

Dammit ... death flag raised

Spoiler
... and here I was thinking that I was cool with it ... not cool man ... not cool :'( ... LOL

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics