Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

How would you rank the BIMs

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

bumblebee310

bumblebee310

Potato

• Members
  • 189 posts
This far into the story, we were introduced to different types of BIM:

Cracker BIM
Posted Image

Timer BIM
Posted Image

Implosion BIM
Posted Image

Flaming Gas BIM
Posted Image

Homing BIM
Posted Image

Mine BIM

-----> How would you rank the BIMs in order of usefulness in a battle?

As for me,
  • Homing
  • Timer
  • Flaming Gas
  • Mine
  • Implosion
  • Cracker

:batoto_016:

i hope i didn't forget any BIM
BIM info/pics from wikia

Edited by bumblebee310, 03 November 2011 - 07:33 AM.

---------- In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you. ----------

Haganai

Haganai

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationBatoto
There are more bims out there yet to be discovered.
So far i've not seen any that am on to, but if i had to choose i would say.
Timer. (..)

K.F

K.F

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 38 posts
I like the implosion BIM lolz

O0gheYG.jpg0geB4by.jpg'

polokoku

polokoku

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationProntera
I think cracker type are more easy to use on a battle :batoto_016:

Koro

Koro

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 22 posts
1. Implosion
2. Flaming Gas
3. Cracker
4. Timer
5. Mine
6. Homing

Depends on how you choose to do battle. The flaming gas type can be devastating if used strategically, as we've already seen, and killing your opponent before they're even aware of your presence would be ideal, but in a face to face confrontation nothing beats a cracker.

Edited by Koro, 04 November 2011 - 07:29 AM.

Senjosama

Senjosama

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 74 posts
  • LocationAustralia
1. Flaming Gas
2. Mine
3. Implosion
4. Cracker
5. Timer
6. Homing
7. Flame

I only rated them on direct battle though.

Edited by WilliamP, 13 November 2011 - 06:13 AM.

DeepbloodEclipse

DeepbloodEclipse

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationEstonia
1. Cracker
2. Timer
3. Flaming Gas
4. Remote
5. Mine
6. Implosion
7. Homing

The homing really is the most disadvantageous in my opinion, its predictable in a close confrontation and can easily be evaded if you duck behind a tree or a rock. It also has a slow setting time, cuz enemies will be constantly moving and it would be hard to lock on to them. Its most useful in a wide area, where there are few or non obstacle and enemies can be easily seen. good for ambushes. The implosion/vacuum needs you to get extremely close, it's too risky, altho powerful. Mine is good for setting traps, remote control is even better for setting traps. Flaming gas has amazing destructive power if used wisely. Timer is great in my opinion, you can change its remaining time to whatever you wish between 1-10 seconds, you can set it to like 1-2 seconds, and it would be like a cracker bim with a wider explosion range. The cracker bim is the jack of all trades in my opinion, it can be used in any given situation, in making traps or otherwise. all you really have to worry about is, if your throwing arm is good enough.

Edited by DeepbloodEclipse, 05 November 2011 - 04:11 PM.

Posted Image

chronicsleeper

chronicsleeper

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
With the current BIMs, I'd rank them by:
  • Cracker
  • Homing
  • Timer
  • Remote Control - the guy who's oh-so-obviously named after Oda Nobunaga's
  • Implosion
  • Mine
  • Flame
  • Flaming Gas

Flaming gas is probably the least likely one you should use when battling in a field with a large amount of obstacles. Though it would be useful if you're outside the area and your enemies are inside it. Mainly because - 1. Little area to escape 2. Lowered field of vision 3. Lots of things that could bounce the BIM back at you

Edited by chronicsleeper, 06 November 2011 - 12:36 AM.

Deus Ex Machina - A state of mind when someone is a potato and believes their god will help them.

Visit my DeviantArt~!

+ t h e + d i s t a n c e + b e t w e e n + w o r l d s +

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Senjosama

Senjosama

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 74 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Aren't the "mine" and "remote control" the same? The remote control seems to be just being used as similar to a mine by the long-haired guy. That's what it seemed like to me, though. Like, I think the "mine" BIM are just remote control BIM, instead of actually acting like a mine.

Edited by WilliamP, 13 November 2011 - 06:16 AM.

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts
my ranking, in terms of which type I would want to get (or overall usefulness BIM type): 1st to last: flaming gas, cracker, timer, remote mine, homing, implosion, flame

Edited by soranokira, 27 November 2011 - 04:48 AM.

Posted Image
Favorite Manga: Record of Fallen Vampire, Hayate the Combat Butler, Kekkaishi
Main reason: Akabara Strauss and plot/story flow, Tennousu Athena arc/Katsura Hinagiku, Kidoin Nura and story flow

AzureNova

AzureNova

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSouth California
My number #1 choice is Timer Bim, because you can manipulate the time to make it a cracker, or a mini mine bomb, making it a deadly versatile weapon.

However, It really depends on what situation you're in. If it's direct confrontation, the Cracker or Implosion types to me are the most deadly and easy to use compared to the other bombs when you have less time to think.

If you're being chased, but not too close, I think "Timer" Bim is by far the most useful, seeing as how you can manipulate how many seconds it needs for it to detonate. If you have several timer bombs, you can set each to different times, some may be 2-3 seconds, others the full 10 and choose the one that fits the situation and just drop it on the ground or somewhere you think the person will pass through.

The Flaming Gas is deadly if you're not in a confrontation at all and you are sure that you won't get hurt if you use it, it's pretty dangerous to use in confrontations as you could
risk burning yourself. The Mine Bim is good if you know an enemy is coming and you set the bim appropriately, but it's harder to use accurately than the timer.

Lastly, I find the Homing Type to be the worst, it takes too long to set up, and it only works if you're lucky enough to see someone and they haven't spotted you. Even then, I would find the cracker type to be more reliable.

Senjosama

Senjosama

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 74 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Agreed, AzureNova!! At first, I thought it was kind of cool, but throughout the series it's slower, it lacks power, it makes noises, it's noticeable and a briefcase and block a person from death which makes it kind of hard to effectively use and makes it seem useless. The only reason I put "Flaming type" (the one the dark-skinned guy uses that creates huge flames) under it, is because it's even more inaccurate and it splits into different formations that can trap someone easily, however it seems kind of fruitless if you do trap someone since they can just run through the flames as fast as they can...

hados9

hados9

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 352 posts
  • LocationIn line for Moderator
  • Cracker
  • Homing
  • Flaming Gas
  • Mine
  • Implosion
  • Timing
Cracker has to be first as it is a simple grenade and any idiot can use it but then the rest are pretty much even just depends on the situation

Dedicated Uploader- Hados9

Posted Image

Posted Image

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
Is it actually even correct in terms of judgment to simply rank BIM this way? It depends on the terrain and a lot of other things, otherwise the people who start off with a certain BIM have an unfair advantage right from the beginning.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts

Is it actually even correct in terms of judgment to simply rank BIM this way? It depends on the terrain and a lot of other things, otherwise the people who start off with a certain BIM have an unfair advantage right from the beginning.

^ nothing wrong with ranking them, and everyone knows that there are pros and cons. but basically, its what BIM would YOU want if you're just thrown into that island.

hence my choice would be flaming gas, highly effective when used from higher ground. and you'd want to get to higher ground to learn more about the island's terrain and stuff like that.
Posted Image
Favorite Manga: Record of Fallen Vampire, Hayate the Combat Butler, Kekkaishi
Main reason: Akabara Strauss and plot/story flow, Tennousu Athena arc/Katsura Hinagiku, Kidoin Nura and story flow

The Warrior Gentleman

The Warrior Gentleman

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Timer (You can reduce the time on it which ups the practicality)
  • Homing
  • Remote/Mine
  • Cracker
  • Implosion
  • Flaming Gas
Flaming gas is last for me since it there are the most factors to consider while using.

您享受安静 YESilence

您享受安静 YESilence

Russet Potato

• Saviour Scans
  • 441 posts
  • LocationNear to you is where I´m found~ ... In the beauty of your sound~ ...
1. Remote
2. Timer
3. Cracker
4. Flaming Gas
5. Implosion
6. Homing

have to agree with azurenova about the homing bim being the most useless one.

8m6xshwg.png

When the hope of morning starts to fade in me~ ... I don´t dare let the darkness have its way with me~ ...
And the hope of morning makes me worth the fight~ ... I will not be giving in tonight~ ...

Jack Merman

Jack Merman

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
In my opinion (for now):

1. Remote (The 'mine' bims are actually remote ones, he just hide them in the ground and waited for people to get close enough to and blasted)
2. Cracker
3. Flame Gas
4. Timer
5. Implosion
6. Homing
7. X-fire (The one that has a X or + shape when explodes.

Edited by Jack Merman, 25 April 2012 - 05:00 AM.

TheHoleNyourSock

TheHoleNyourSock

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationLost on the int4rweb
1:Flaming gas (silly people AOE trumps all! I dont need to see you! I'll just melt your face!)
2:Timer (most versatile of all bims)
3:Cracker (Instant GTFOutta my face)
4:Homing (Have to be spotted first)
5:Remote(Waiting it pretty noob if you ask me.)
6:Implosion(Waiting time takes too long idgaf if it sucks you in)

Edited by TheHoleNyourSock, 25 April 2012 - 05:23 PM.

Posted Image

ChaosSanc

ChaosSanc

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationOn the Horizon
1.Flaming Gas this is for all the time win usage
2.Cracker Eh why not
3.Remote Reliable if i build some fortification or is hunting someone
4.Implosion like the name XD
5.Homing good only when you spotted an enemy
6.Timer takes too long to figure out when or how long it will take the enemy so it might cause premature explosion which is a no go
For Light there must be Dark so what does Dark do to have Light?

Posted Image