Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 168votes)

Adventure of Sinbad

Alt Names: alt マギ シンドバッドの冒険alt Magi - Sinbad no Bouken
Author: Ohtaka Shinobu
Artist: Ohtera Yoshifumi
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A prologue of "Magi" which tells the story of Sinbad's early life, from when he captures the first Dungeon, Baal.

> Magi (Sequel)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/magi-r753

Online Comic:
http://urasunday.com/magi/index.html
Go to Adventure of Sinbad Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Do I read this first New Window Jayk
  • 3 Replies
Topic Direct translation of spells from Arabic to English. New Window masterash38
  • 3 Replies
Topic Valefor or Focalor New Window Ugo
  • 1 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Reyya
  • 2 Replies
Topic RAW New Window brand0nheat
  • 3 Replies

1006 Comments

Please have some pity for FakeHero and ignore him. He has never in his entire life encountered any children or any idea what spoiled kids really act like. It's normal to spoil your firstborn child a bit but that's hardly the case here. I mean what would you expect him to be like? A tiny adult?

It's nice they started the manga with Sinbad's childhood because it's an important time, which can shape greatly into what kinda adult you grow up to be.

Ever been to Africa? "Tiny adults" is all you see, and I´m not even talking about war torn countries. Just your regular city lacking today´s infrastructure and education.

We´re reading the same manga right? Sinbad is basiclly being raised up in war warring land. I do cut him some slack since his five. But come on, Alibaba had a more interesting childhood. Just comparing this with the standrad quality of Magi. And in comparison, this sucks.

And gals/guys, we all deep down know this is IMO, but I thought it was obvious.

Please have some pity for FakeHero and ignore him. He has never in his entire life encountered any children or any idea what spoiled kids really act like. It's normal to spoil your firstborn child a bit but that's hardly the case here. I mean what would you expect him to be like? A tiny adult?

It's nice they started the manga with Sinbad's childhood because it's an important time, which can shape greatly into what kinda adult you grow up to be.

And the one-shot was so good..............Sinbad is just an obnoxius spoiled little brat right now. I know, I know, character development, but that can be done without resorting to these generic tropes. From 5/5 to 1/5.

How is Sinbad spoiled in any manner? Or are you just being stupid right now?

And the one-shot was so good..............Sinbad is just an obnoxius spoiled little brat right now. I know, I know, character development, but that can be done without resorting to these generic tropes. From 5/5 to 1/5.

Which part of him is spoiled? He's energetic and assertive, sure, but that's how kids should be at his age. Otherwise they'd grow into boring adults. This isn't even character development, since his personality doesn't change when he grow up. 

Beta

should have used

Spoiler

:P

I think Sinbad was the guiding sperm in the night they were doing him, yes, he was a badass sperm.

Anyway, DAMN, his father is EXACTLY like me, I do not care for any shit, and sometimes I forget that it causes problem to some people, and I don't realize until they tell me. Also I always ask "Well, what do you want me to do?" so I can start not caring after I do what they want.

But if that means I have badass sperms, I'll go for it.

Oh no... I can see where this is going. Rescued man = spy. Tragedy in the works.

Sinbad's dad is awesome!

Good!! I was wondering how to survive a month without magi

Aw shi~

Kid Sinbad is too adorable

YESSSS

haha kid Sinbad is so cute~ and rofl magical Fate powers since infancy.

I think its rather interesting that its starting from when he was an actual little kid. Interesting take on the tale of Sinbad. Lets see where it goes from here!

meh

it's good, but I'm kinda disappointed... I wanted it to continue from the oneshot... oh well, you can't have everything you want :P (besides it'll get there in time...)

Looks pretty darn good. ^^b

I guess this is like many manga start, there's a "Chapter 0", like Magi's first chapter, the audience is "tested", and they keep publishing it if the audience receives it well. They've done the same with "Adventure of Sinbad", yes, Sinbad is a very important character, but we've gotta see if his whole backstory is worth of that much attention, and they'll keep making more.

Whatever, since the artist is different than Magi's, the "important scenes" felt kinda... Different, like, Shinobu's style is a bit more impressive or with more "impact" we could say. At least the plot is from the same author so the whole story won't be full of so many plotholes as always happen, I think I liked the first dungeon, and his discussion with Drakon, also I expect Ja'Far and the other generals' participation.

I agree. If I'm not mistaken, this was bundled together with a limited edition of the anime DVD/BD. So, it's a bonus and a popularity evaluator.

Wow, Yoshifumi-sensei is really good in mimicking Ohtaka-sensei style. Though I may agree it felt kinda different, the overall character design was impressively similar. I didn't even notice while reading that it was a different artist.

This story is quite interesting. The seven generals and Sinbad do deserve a story of their own. And there'll be lots of dungeon capturing so it'll feel more like the start of Magi, when everything seemed to be about dungeons.

Yunan: STAHP! LOLOLOL!

for a second I thought yamuraiha was under the turtle shell :D silly me.
anyway sinbad's backstory should prove to be incredibly interesting...damn I'm not even sure if I'd rather read this or magi
the art is..I don't want to say worse but different from the original though.
stahp hahahaha...

anyways, this deserves an OVA at the least!
I guess this is like many manga start, there's a "Chapter 0", like Magi's first chapter, the audience is "tested", and they keep publishing it if the audience receives it well. They've done the same with "Adventure of Sinbad", yes, Sinbad is a very important character, but we've gotta see if his whole backstory is worth of that much attention, and they'll keep making more.

Whatever, since the artist is different than Magi's, the "important scenes" felt kinda... Different, like, Shinobu's style is a bit more impressive or with more "impact" we could say. At least the plot is from the same author so the whole story won't be full of so many plotholes as always happen, I think I liked the first dungeon, and his discussion with Drakon, also I expect Ja'Far and the other generals' participation.
Pretty good shounen oneshot.
I'm curious as to why it's a oneshot, the story they presented in it is left without a proper ending.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics