Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 168votes)

Adventure of Sinbad

Alt Names: alt マギ シンドバッドの冒険alt Magi - Sinbad no Bouken
Author: Ohtaka Shinobu
Artist: Ohtera Yoshifumi
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A prologue of "Magi" which tells the story of Sinbad's early life, from when he captures the first Dungeon, Baal.

> Magi (Sequel)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/magi-r753

Online Comic:
http://urasunday.com/magi/index.html
Go to Adventure of Sinbad Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Do I read this first New Window Jayk
  • 3 Replies
Topic Direct translation of spells from Arabic to English. New Window masterash38
  • 3 Replies
Topic Valefor or Focalor New Window Ugo
  • 1 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Reyya
  • 2 Replies
Topic RAW New Window brand0nheat
  • 3 Replies

1006 Comments

Spoiler

look at his sword, there's the eight point star! XD fifth panel of the link page :P

i bet yunan is a magi or something

He is magi. 

i bet yunan is a magi or something

hmm, seems like Yunan will have a more important role in this version... OH YEAH!

I bet it won't take long for this to have an anime.fuck I'm really happy about this.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

@buster_azrael I think that is just Reim symbol on it

Spoiler

Spoiler
Is it some Magi thing to hide inside carriages without the owners knowing it? First Yunan... And later Aladdin xD

And thus begins The adventure of Swagbad

can't decide what was better turtle yunan or barrel yunan

either way Yunan sure knows how to make a first impressions

can't decide what was better turtle yunan or barrel yunan

It IS released separately, Ohtaka only provides the story and someone else draws it. Magi is on hiatus probably to give her time to develop the plot a little more. After the month has passed, both Adventure of Sinbad and Magi will be serialized weekly...

Oh didn't know that, thanks for telling me

anyone else much prefer the original series to be updated.....this would've been interesting if it was released seperately

It IS released separately, Ohtaka only provides the story and someone else draws it. Magi is on hiatus probably to give her time to develop the plot a little more. After the month has passed, both Adventure of Sinbad and Magi will be serialized weekly...

anyone else much prefer the original series to be updated.....this would've been interesting if it was released seperately

Too bad they removed the "Stahp~" scene :P

Very long post.~

Seriously, don't take that guy seriously. No one is actually that mentally challenged, he's got to be trolling.

Just look at that response, he proved my point far more than whatever he was trying to say. Obvious case of failed troll, so don't feed him.

Ever been to Africa? "Tiny adults" is all you see, and I´m not even talking about war torn countries. Just your regular city lacking today´s infrastructure and education.

We´re reading the same manga right? Sinbad is basiclly being raised up in war warring land. I do cut him some slack since his five. But come on, Alibaba had a more interesting childhood. Just comparing this with the standrad quality of Magi. And in comparison, this sucks.

And gals/guys, we all deep down know this is IMO, but I thought it was obvious.

Lastly, maybe this manga sucks in comparison cus we haven't actually gotten to the higher level of action and plot that Magi has developed.

This new chapter(4) basically just finished an exposition arc, introducing us to the character's backstory so we understand him a bit better before it gets into the grand adventure that is the rest of his life.

cus, you know, seven dungeons, Judal encounters, founding a country in an inhospitable sea, adopting an assassin, politics, collecting eight generals from wildly varied sources... This manga has a while longer to prove itself.

(granted, I will be very sad if this doesn't eventually match up to his legendary life from Magi. Considering he is The High King of the Seven Seas in that story and rather literally embodies "been there, done that")

Ever been to Africa? "Tiny adults" is all you see, and I´m not even talking about war torn countries. Just your regular city lacking today´s infrastructure and education.

We´re reading the same manga right? Sinbad is basiclly being raised up in war warring land. I do cut him some slack since his five. But come on, Alibaba had a more interesting childhood. Just comparing this with the standrad quality of Magi. And in comparison, this sucks.

And gals/guys, we all deep down know this is IMO, but I thought it was obvious.

Well then, IMO, Sinbad was at first raised by very kind parents who tried their best to shield him from the horrors of growing up in a war-torn place.

In addition, their country was the one winning, so perhaps the actual battles and the sense of scrabbling to survive never fully reached Sinbad like how it did to Alibaba's early childhood.

Ever been to Africa yourself? "Tiny adults" are there yes, but broken children are also still there. Manga, by story and art, can more directly show the inner hurts of people than the faces an outsider would probably encounter in real life. Little Sinbad, if you met him IRL during a visit to Partevia, would probably stand strong beside his parents, while crying inside at why things are the way they are. In reality, those who don't at least -show- a strong adult face probably don't survive.

(disclaimer: various assumptions about human nature and effects of situations on people's mentalities made above. correct me if I'm wrong.)

Also, IMO, "obnoxious spoiled little brat" isn't him, who showed kindness to a total stranger. If you're talking about how he acted to his dad, before he learned the lesson (oh look! new chapter!), then it's that he didn't understand why his dad was "acting weak" from his child's view. He believed that his dad -could- talk and fight back, but didn't understand why dad didn't do that, and why dad "let" their family be "bullied".

Your definition of "obnoxious spoiled little brat" probably differed however, so we could just agree to disagree, unless we wish to beat out that definition?

Personally, my definition matches me, but not him.

Anyway, newest chapter probably moots both our points.

Sinbadass

Son of Bad®ass. Pretty makes sense now.

Sinbad's father... A TRUE MAN!

Couldn't agree more myself.

Sinbad's father... A TRUE MAN!

what if sinbad dad is one of the enemy generals :o

Ooh. That tugged my heart strings a bit. In my opinion, Sin's back story is very interesting. It was sad, and this latest chapter really made me want to hug him. His father's body... >~> ouch.

Sinbadass

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics