Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.3 - 64votes)

Ane no Kekkon

Alt Names: alt Ablanın Düğünüalt 姊姊的婚事alt 姉の結婚alt Elder Sister's Marriage
Author: Nishi Keiko
Artist: Nishi Keiko
Genres: Drama DramaJosei JoseiRomance RomanceSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Yori Iwatani is close to her 40s and is giving up on love and marriage. She has decided to live a quiet solitary life in her hometown. But when a handsome former classmate appears, things change for her.
Go to Ane no Kekkon Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

72 Comments

I don't think I can continue reading this. I don't care how unhappy he is in his marriage, cheating is not the answer. Not only is he unfaithful to his own wife (and he likely picked her for her looks so he's only got himself to blame for how things turned out), but he's stalking/harassing a woman because she gave him a one night stand (regardless if he loved her from middle school). I don't care what his tragic back story is or if he'll turn into an attentive lover later. It doesn't excuse his behavior, certainly he shouldn't be rewarded for it and "get what he wants". I just don't like him, ugh. 

Everyone else is free to like the story or whatever as much as you want. I've known too many woman who were sexually harassed and/or raped to think this is romantic. *shudders*

Well she is in here 40's and most of those mentioned are in their teens. I hope it be a mature romance.

well I don't think it's necessary to hope. It's touching on certain themes that aren't typical of youthful naive romances. It goes beyond the simple black and white of marriage and affairs which many people elsewhere argue in outrage for that binary. 

And lol to the pure minded child who thought he was using a bunch of tissues for crying. That's adorable. This manga is josei for a reason. 

Yea I like that at the very least she isn't falling in love with him out of nowhere. I'm usually not really a fan of the overly aggressive guy who gets the girl from just being extremely intrusive. I respect their determination and confidence but I like seeing them struggle a bit at least.

Lot of Stiletto Heels today.  Hurrah!

Now this is a quality romance. Not the sadistic boys showing their "love" in a mean way and the vulnerable girls mistreated and hurt, the poor victim.

So pleasant to see a logical, mature and strong willed woman. She's not easy to woe and know to avoid "future troubles". It makes me relate, cause as I get older... there's more thing you know that you have to avoid.

Great manga and I wish there's more of this. The main character, the heroine is great.

Well she is in here 40's and most of those mentioned are in their teens. I hope it be a mature romance.

Now this is a quality romance. Not the sadistic boys showing their "love" in a mean way and the vulnerable girls mistreated and hurt, the poor victim.

So pleasant to see a logical, mature and strong willed woman. She's not easy to woe and know to avoid "future troubles". It makes me relate, cause as I get older... there's more thing you know that you have to avoid.

Great manga and I wish there's more of this. The main character, the heroine is great.

His wife was just a subsitute who looked like the woman he really loved they really do look so much alike. 

Is it bad that I'm more interested in how Yori and the wife will react to each other than the "romance"?

They really should become best friends and make Makoto's life hell.

Well, they finally meet in the chapter 5 XD

Is it bad that I'm more interested in how Yori and the wife will react to each other than the "romance"?

They really should become best friends and make Makoto's life hell.

thanks Stiletto Heels for your hard work.

I quite like this.

So. He married his wife because she looks like Yori? That's... a bit sad, man.

Maybe he once saw her from a distance, thought she was Yori, went it for a "I LIKE YOU PLEAS BE MY WAIFU" confession, only to realize he's got the wrong person later.

. - . And at that point it was too late, since she's the daughter of someone with power and retracting it after she said yes would be simply suicidal...

Spoiler

Except no means no, which he clearly doesn't give a crap about, and it's starting to get towards triggering for anyone who has been stalked, let alone worse.

So. He married his wife because she looks like Yori? That's... a bit sad, man.

now i'm starting to wonder why she doesn't just kick him between his legs. sadists love tears, so that won't help.

I don't think Nishi Keiko is trying to push "rapey" as romance here though. I think she's trying to explore different aspects of love, as you will know if you've read her other works like Hirahira Hy~n, Denpa Otoko, Otoko no Issho, or Koi to Gunkan. "Rapey" is not a trend with her. Plus, I take offense that someone would think it's an actual, unfortunate "trend" with Josei. *shakes grumpy old fists* 

[continued Explaination]....
Spoiler

That description tag should change from "Romance" to "Rapey". Doc has completely gone off the rails. 

Unfortunately, this is Josei. So even getting rape by our male mc will be romantic for the readers.

wohohohoho....XD

That description tag should change from "Romance" to "Rapey". Doc has completely gone off the rails. 

This Dr Maki dude is only a hair short of being a stalker, and his approach is pretty rapey. I don't think I can read this.

(Seriously though, even if hooking up with Dr Rapey that first time was a lapse in judgement brought on by a sudden libido storm, why wouldn't Yori just call the cops when he literally chased her through town? This guy's a level 10 creep!)

divorce that fcked up wife :D marry the one u like what a fool. No one should stay with a wife that doesnt even care...

Well, interesting characters.  Feels different.  I'm in.

I'm hook on this author and I'm searching for all her works T^T

After reading the comments here about some kind of aphrodisiac(?) my first thought is 'Okay, what is this? I want to read it.'

Now that I have.....All I can say is, poor turtle. T_T

ok he's using a lot of tissue for some reason. is he doing what I think he's doing...crying...? on another note, I really like how she's resisting his advances after that one night stand

My little reader can't be this pure.jpg

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics