Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.48 - 98votes)

Yae no Sakura

Alt Names: alt 八重の桜
Author: Yamamoto Mutsumi
Artist: Takemura Youhei
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalMartial Arts Martial ArtsShounen ShounenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A dramatization of the real life of Yaeko Yamamoto. Over 100 years ago, Yaeko broke traditional Japanese stereotypes gender and honor to become a gun-warrior in defense of her homeland of Aizu.

A dramatization of actual events by Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! artist Youhei Takemura and by drama writer Mutsumi Yamamoto, who is also the writer for the upcoming Taiga drama of the same name and story.
Go to Yae no Sakura Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

87 Comments

Yae will be a Taiga drama with the first episode airing it about 12 hours I guess.
If the drama is as good as the manga it'll be epic.
Oh yeah, let's it be a AMAZING series.....
Pretty darn good.
@Xenoevil
For the Japanese who hadn't seen an upgrade in their artillery since Oda Nobunaga, it wasn't so obvious; you've seen that fight, a gunman would have normally been dead against a swordman. Too bad she was using a matchlock, introduced in Japan in 1543, while the story is set in 1856, when in the west we had handguns. But aside from a few cases, this is actually realistic for the situation under the Tokugawa.

Also, what the brother mentioned he witnessed: Black Ships (1853-1854).
Gunkata using an arquebus? Oh God, yes!!
Promising series. Followed.
Gun beats sword. Who would've guessed XD
Shounen? YAY! Art? Pretty! And moe? YAY! No ecchi? CHECK! Great story? YES!! INSTANT FAVE!
wow this is great, both the art and story cant wait for the next chapter
Follow'd, I love how the protagonist doesn't dress up like a boy but defies the system openly instead.
the art style depict a very life-like expression, and the action of character came out wonderfully within every panels, + moe art of the female character. i found a little bit(exactly little bit) vagabond aura(due to the story was happened in the old times) but with a light plot and not very gore.

now followed and waiting for another release. as Japanzai mentioned, this manga should really had the attention it deserves. hats off to the translator, woohoo~!
Page 59... well, that and it's very inspirational. How could I say no? :3
Youhei Takemura ?

Follow!!!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics