Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.48 - 98votes)

Yae no Sakura

Alt Names: alt 八重の桜
Author: Yamamoto Mutsumi
Artist: Takemura Youhei
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalMartial Arts Martial ArtsShounen ShounenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A dramatization of the real life of Yaeko Yamamoto. Over 100 years ago, Yaeko broke traditional Japanese stereotypes gender and honor to become a gun-warrior in defense of her homeland of Aizu.

A dramatization of actual events by Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! artist Youhei Takemura and by drama writer Mutsumi Yamamoto, who is also the writer for the upcoming Taiga drama of the same name and story.
Go to Yae no Sakura Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

87 Comments

o_O so Yae not the only MC? So cool.

Too cool too cool too cool! :D

I so want to read this, but i'm terrified of what the author will do to her life. Even if it's only the wiki, reading about her life was awesome! FOLLOWING

This isn't going to end well, dem imperials will be coming with the at at

I'm liking this, but it feels a bit propagandaish

It's about events 150 years ago or more.  So, who's it supposed to be propaganda for/against that would still care?

Smells of tragedy all over though.

Finished Reading Wikipedia for this history. 

<spoiler>Not so happy Ending i guess</spoiler>

I hope a tragedy tag isn't going to be needed.

Hopefully. If I remember my history correctly, the Aizu clan sided with the Shogunate for the Boshin War.

I hope a tragedy tag isn't going to be needed.

it's pretty good, I like the development. though then again, isn't it strange that

Spoiler

Spoiler

it's pretty good, I like the development. though then again, isn't it strange that

Spoiler

Random comment time.

So kawhy desuuuu.

Uh, no, no Tom Cruise, thankfully

there a chance we will see Tom Cruise Here.
Well, aside from the fact that the real Yaeko wasn't even close to being this adorable this isn't actually bad as far as history manga goes. It's no great work of historical literature, but hey, it's fun.
pretty nice
I'm liking this, but it feels a bit propagandaish
I really like the first couple of chapters of this so far, something about it reminds me of FMA but I don't know what.
This art is just so wonderful *_*
For a moment, i think i saw a flashback of Ishbal extermination where Lt. Hawkeye had her eyes of killer awaken.
Yae has amazing eyebrows. I see she got them from her father.
...AND she'll grow up to be Oda Nobuna-chan
*I'm*
Yeah my calling it, the next superb shounen manga.
This is could end up as the next great shounen manga.
Someday...
Spoiler

Because girls with guns are hot!!!!!!!!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics