Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.52 - 50votes)

Dekoboko Girlish

Alt Names: alt でこぼこガーリッシュalt Женские причуды
Author: Hara Ayumi
Artist: Hara Ayumi
Genres: 4-Koma 4-KomaComedy ComedySeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: At a glance, Oriko Amano is a cool, handsome male university student, whilst on the other hand, Natsuo Koike is small and childlike in appearance. However, the truth is that Oriko is actually a girl, and they are both twenty years old! Dekoboko Girlish follows the daily lives of Oriko, Natsuo and the other members of their university's classical theatre group.
Go to Dekoboko Girlish Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

51 Comments

Well, I won't swear anything will happen, quite likely won't and that's fine too. But it wasn't Oriko being tall and boyish that gave me the feeling, either. More stuff about the way they interact--it doesn't feel sensual mostly, but it does feel like a pair-bond. They're close to each other in a way they clearly aren't with anyone else.
Sorry I didn't mention it in the last post. Thanks, Maigo, for another great chapter.
Well, it could be yuri in the end, and I wouldn't hate it for that. At the same time, I really like both characters, and they both seem to be really nice characters, with no signs of either hetero or lesbian characteristics so far. Oriko is tomboyish and wears guy's clothes, but that isn't something that should set off gaydar (if that term applies to females) as my wife was the same way (and we met over thirty years ago). I'm not against yuri, but I don't see it under every bush. Genderbender can happen (see Ranma) all the time without the person being gay or lesbian. It wouldn't upset me as such if it turned out that way, but I don't think it has to be that way with a tall tomboyish girl and a cute loli feminine girl. Of course, I would expect Oriko to crush any lolicon jerk who approached Natsuo, but that is a friend thing (if not merely a chick thing) and I believe Oriko would act that way regardless of her "orientation."

However it turns out, I really like this manga. It's humor is half slapstick and half subtle, and I enjoy it a lot. Thanks, scanlators and mangaka, for a very enjoyable read.
I get that feeling too, and it's not because it looks like a typical yuri pairing. I know friendship between women can be rather complicated, but just the way they act around each other gives off this 'more than friends, less than lovers' feeling. Especially the short girl.

Gender be damned, if it works, it works.
Nice chapter, thanks.
just because one of 'em is boyish doesnt mean it has to be yuri.
Purple Library Guy, I feel the same way.
It's weird--sometimes I get this feeling like eventually, those two will end up getting together, gender or no gender.
The more of this manga that comes out, the more I like it. So far, it is consistently funny. Can't wait until the next chapter. Thanks Maigo!
That is definitely one...
Spoiler
:D funny and cute~
Yay, another update. Thank you.
Thanks for the update, nice read.
This is absolutely hilarious. Instant follow.
Somehow that last page reminds me of "Need a box?" joke in LotR
hehehehe gotta love em legal lolis :3
a bit hoping there's shoujo-ai latter ...
Sometimes you wonder how a person turned out the way they are...and then you meet their family and understand completely.
why the charm from gender bend get powerful in any manga ?
hmm ... there's a loli in here ... instant follow ...
Death by shopping, all men know the feel
Tomboys are the best b-... girls.
hahahaha the long haired girl... story of my life.
pretty good i laughed alot i can wait for more chapter thanks por doing this manga
This manga uses situation very well. I was comfortably amused by the jokes.
Description, not that appealing to be honest, but great story

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics