Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.56 - 219votes)

Laughter in The End of The World

Alt Names: alt 终焉之笑alt 終末のラフターalt Shuumatsu no Laughter
Author: Tanabe Yellow
Artist: Tanabe Yellow
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaFantasy FantasyShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: When corruption consumes the world, the akuma with 101 mouths shall appear. Humanity forgot about their existence, continuing to indulge in sin, until the day when the akuma arrived, and dark descended. Some continued to fight, and after seven days of struggle the akuma was destroyed. Or so they thought. Immortal men marked by the "mouth of the akuma", continue to wander the world. A man bearing the mouth of the akuma, named Godot, has blackmailed a town, extorting food and supplies, and in exchange promises not to harm the inhabitants. One day a man appears, also bearing the mouth of the akuma, accompanied only by a young girl named Haru, whom he calls his sister. Claiming to be an akuma eater, he promises to rid the town of Godot once and for all. Who is this young man, and what are his intentions? How does he plan to kill his fellow immortal, Godot?
Go to Laughter in The End of The World Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

179 Comments

the ending of kekkaishi was really good, it didnt leave any loose ends or anything :| this manga has potential and i shall be folowing
This looks interesting, was worried it would be too similar to Kekkaishi, but my fears were unfounded. The largest similarity so far would be the relationship between the Protagonist and his sister, as it parallels Yoshimori and Chushinmaru in the latter chapters.

Also, those who would pass on this because of dissatisfaction with Kekkaishi's ending, are stupid. The ending of Kekkaishi was fine, it wrapped up the major plot points and gave a definitive conclusion. I'm not sure what more you could expect from a long-running series. Look at other long running series' conclusions, they often end in similar ways.

Anyway, looking forward to future releases.
Kekkaishi's ending was good. It could have been worst if it was dragged too long.
Well, can't decide whether its good or not based on 1 chapter but it looks promising.
Reminds me a little of Claymore
To be honest, I'm still smarting over the way they cut off Kekkaishi (can you say quiet axing?), but I'm pleased to see the author back out there in the field again. It looks to be a good series.
Thought that was Naruto..lol.
>Implying I'm not going to follow this
Unfortunatly the translation barely makes any sense which makes it hard to give an opinion
Ravin, at page 53.
The voice that made the guy mute and sheep die.
Eat it.
really deep story , very different from comedy/shonen kekkaishi was , a darker story
? Azurite what that mean?
Same shounen. . .different day. . .
Ravin, might be the sound the white akuma made.
This doesn't look half bad. It was quite slow for a first chapter but I actually liked it.
I had a few times which i bothered tl for help lol
Looks good, I really liked Kekkaishi. The translation was a bit awkward at times and made it a little confusing but it has a lot of potential.
.....so nobody is laughing?
Looks like it has a LOT of potential, but the first chapter was kinda a meh. It didn't make me feel super excited about it, but I'm curious about the next couple of chapters. So following anyways.
@Christopher

I thought the Kekkaishi ending was alright
Ugh. I had thought this had promise, but after I saw Cydric's comment, I am hesitant to believe it has potential after the mangaka butchered the Kekkaishi ending.
Promising.. /followed
looks good ill follow
This reminds me of DMC.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics