Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.38 - 29votes)

Bleak

Alt Names:
Author: A.i.
Artist: A.i.
Genres: Action ActionFantasy FantasyMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Other
Description: Bleak is a coming of age story, a mix of slice-of-life, lucid dreaming and fantasy.

AF is teenager in his second year of highschool, depressed with his life and disappointed with the world.
The thing is, when he gets depressed he sees three little things floating around him, this happens to him since his 10 years of age. Now 15(almost 16) his life gets a bit crazier, when he meets a transfer student in his class, Sane; and an old man in the underground train who he talks about dreams and lucid dreaming.
Suddenly he begins experiencing really strange dreams. Even making him unsure whats real and what´s not anymore.

I update the chapters first on my website every Friday night (GTM+0):
http://www.thedreamcatcherz.com

Follow me on facebook for more info and updates:
https://www.facebook.com/TheDreamCatcherz

Thanks,
AI
Go to Bleak Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Bleak manga discussion New Window A.I.
  • 2 Replies
Topic Author New Window A.I.
  • 4 Replies

71 Comments

I love it A.I...
And I kind of understand the story, even if it's a little hard to follow.

Thanks! It's normal that it's hard to follow and there re various reasons for that, I would like to see the readers discuss the chapters because that would make reading the story much more enjoyable, there's a lot of subtle stuff !

I love it A.I...

And I kind of understand the story, even if it's a little hard to follow.

Maybe it's not a good idea to list amateur comics next with the professionals, people will always look down on you, no matter how hard you work on it, don't forget most professional comics are made by a team where each member excels in his/her particular area, that's the only way to release high quality comics every month.

...have you even seen how many doujinshou there are on this site?

Been a long time since ive read this... I forgot everything about it so i read it again and then i remembered why i didnt remember this... WTH IS GOING ON IN THIS?!!!

Sorry guys, I accidentally deleted chapter 1 (stupid Ipad...) but I just uploaded again, any errors on the pages plz let me know.
btw, Bleak is taking a long time for a new release because Im in some kind of hiatus, but when I came back I hope to be able to constantly release new chapters!
Cya

:D I totally support your own webcomic/manga, I have one myself on Batoto too

For whoever said we shouldn't put our work next to professionals I highly disagree, I think that manga/webcomic is one of those things anyone can do when you put your mind into it

And of course I've seen professional work with either terrible story or terrible art and I'm pretty sure yours are better

So I salute you, fellow Artist/Author!

It's already been a while since I read everything, but I'll say it now... I love everything about bleak sofar and have been waiting for updates on deadheart too

A little tip from a fellow artist though, I've seen many comment on the way you draw females... well I can't be sure about this until I'll try editing it myself, but I think that the eyebrows may stretch too long or they are too close to the eyes... they should probably be a little higher.. just try it out yourself and experiment a bit^^

thanks! I really appreciate the support!
Those kind of comments were mostly on the Dead+Heart teaser, wish is only based on a single page.
But yeah, Im been trying to improve my art style in general, girls included.

Dont worry, I didnt quite or anything, Im just having a difficult time right now and trying to improve how I create Bleak, when I came back I hope it will be for real with constant releases.

Its cool to find another comic artist, whats your series name?

:D I totally support your own webcomic/manga, I have one myself on Batoto too

For whoever said we shouldn't put our work next to professionals I highly disagree, I think that manga/webcomic is one of those things anyone can do when you put your mind into it

And of course I've seen professional work with either terrible story or terrible art and I'm pretty sure yours are better

So I salute you, fellow Artist/Author!

It's already been a while since I read everything, but I'll say it now... I love everything about bleak sofar and have been waiting for updates on deadheart too

A little tip from a fellow artist though, I've seen many comment on the way you draw females... well I can't be sure about this until I'll try editing it myself, but I think that the eyebrows may stretch too long or they are too close to the eyes... they should probably be a little higher.. just try it out yourself and experiment a bit^^

Her guys, check out my new story http://vatoto.com/comic/_/sp/deadheart-r10663 Merry christmas

...by any chance, AI, did you get the idea for the three squiggle things the MC sees from those annoying squiggles that randomly appear in your peripheral vision, but always vanish when you try to focus on them?

a very interesting comparison, but no haha, I had the idea while doing random sketches for a college project. the three little things design has evolved since then though.

btw, thanks for the comment!

...by any chance, AI, did you get the idea for the three squiggle things the MC sees from those annoying squiggles that randomly appear in your peripheral vision, but always vanish when you try to focus on them?

Maybe it's not a good idea to list amateur comics next with the professionals, people will always look down on you, no matter how hard you work on it, don't forget most professional comics are made by a team where each member excels in his/her particular area, that's the only way to release high quality comics every month.

"professional" is just a label. I dont want to be a professional if that means paying more attention to making money than what really matters. I just wanna focus on doing what I really enjoy and share it, and to me that mindset is more important than any number of assistants.

ironically, one of my favorite mangas ever is amateur.

I really wish this was an officially published weekly/monthly manga so we could get updates faster. This is just so good. I really love characters like Rec. :D

@ vash-the-stampede and Arcturus thank you for reading, your comments mean a lot!!

why does every manga have to be alice in wonderland ;p?

Because it gives the reader the illusion that their might be something else to their normal world, which is a popular worldview.

Your artwork is great! thank you very much for bringing us your awesome manga!!!

why does every manga have to be alice in wonderland ;p?

Hey! I Appreciate your efforts!  Thank you for bringing us this manga! 

I`ve finally launched my website, http://www.thedreamcatcherz.com/ I will release chapter 3 of Bleak there by Friday!

Nice, as some may say art is weird but it's definitely better than most of the webcomics out there. Story seems pretty original, that clock thing made me remember Inception :D I so want a pocket watch now. Definitely following^^

really glad you liked it Purple Library Guy and for the right reasons too. Having the perfect mix of slice of life and fantasy is definitely something I tried to accomplish, glad you think it worked!
Not often I see a successful balancing of character-oriented, almost slice-of-life-romance style of stuff on one hand with more plot-heavy paranormal elements on the other. Looking pretty good so far. I'm hoping we continue seeing both operating together; it seems as though there's a connection between the health of his personality and the strange side, so that interdependence should help both sides stay balanced and both relevant.
Great! I really like it! Continue like this and please don't drop it.
I think one of the coolest things an artist can do is to be closer and closer to his public. Also the art really improved from just one chapter, this is awesome!
Keep up the good work, A.I.
Video Teaser for Bleak: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=226779340792504&notif_t=like if you like it share!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics