Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.48 - 292votes)

AKB49 - Renai Kinshi Jourei

Alt Names: alt AKB49alt AKB49 - The Rules Against Lovealt AKB49 - 恋愛禁止条例alt AKB49 – Ren'ai Kinshi Joureialt AKB49: Renai Kinshi Joureialt AKB49: Правила против любви
Author: Motoazabu Factory
Artist: Miyajima Reiji
Genres: Adventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiGender Bender Gender BenderMusic MusicRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: This manga based on the ever popular AKB48 group.

This series is about a guy called Urayama Minoru crossdressing as a girl to participate in a female idol group audition (akb48). The main objective is to help the girl he likes, Yoshinaga Hiroko, pass the audition. Yoshinaga Hiroko's dream is to become like her favourite idol who is in the akb48 group. This audition happens to be her final try, so Minoru crossdresses as Urakawa Minori and takes part in the audition to make sure she realizes her dream. Hiroko got qualified eventually, however, the shocking news was Minoru was qualified as well. Thus, the road to becoming a female idol begins...
Go to AKB49 - Renai Kinshi Jourei Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic AKB49 Finale Discussion. New Window Tofuramu
  • 16 Replies
Topic After rereading this serie I still ended up... New Window Revassin
  • 0 Replies
Topic Cover of Volumes New Window SageSasami
  • 4 Replies
Topic Minoru x Okabe New Window Evan Dark
  • 6 Replies
Topic (AKB49 - Renai Kinshi Jourei) Latest Chapter Discussion New Window TheRater
  • 106 Replies
Topic Minoru got shorter New Window Samoak
  • 2 Replies

1903 Comments

Oh man wasn't expecting that >_<
I don't know much about idols or anything, but I find the main character's willpower to actually be really touching. I totally was not expecting this manga to move me in any way, but it did. I'm pretty impressed.
Man every time I read this manga I hear the A-team theme play in my head.

Well okay, every time Minoru does something awesome.
I love the pigtail girl.
Say NO to cliffhangers +_+
Ah and isn't cheesiness how idols are viewed in the US? XD
lol pigtails girl, why you so ignorant?
Pigtails girl, you never learn... >_> oh well, we all need a fool 8D
@rockiNangeL lolololoololololol :D
PIGTAILS GIRL YOU SUCK SO MUCH, THAT I DON'T EVEN REMEMBER YOUR NAME!! >: D
Well the cheesiness was expected. For now it's still ok, for me that is.
It was cheesy since the very beginning. But I like cheese. And corn...
The cheesier and cornier the better! Chornier?!!
It's starting to get really cheesy.
Started reading this on a whim, found myself sincerely touched by the earnest main character and intrigued by the storyline.

If you haven't started reading this and are just looking at comments, I would say to get started.
I started reading this to kill time, and now I can't stop. Very enjoyable...
this guy is so into it that i forget its a guy lol, its cool how they make him look like a girl but still retain some of his male features
if your looking for a manga drawn by the author of MxO..then its harishugawa
is this really not done by the one who draw MxO ? looks the same
A surprisingly entertaining Manga.
I didn't think this would be good at first because I don't enjoy AKB49 (the real group) much myself. I avoided reading this until today but it seriously got me hooked!

The story line is good, sincere and earnest. It flows well and isn't cramped full of fan-service like most idol group mangas are. It made me want to cry a few times. I like gender bender too so this is a plus.

Keep translating and thanks!
horray for new chapter
The only thing I dislike is, nearly every girl look the same @__@
I sometimes think, he's talking to the same girl all the time. lol
"should not work in theory" is a rather brashly used term in this context as there is no actual theory at work in this manga. many manga have been done like this in the past, a male student crossdreses and becomes an idol for the sake of a girl (usually a sister, though not in this case). What really makes this manga stand out is that the main character is bold, is serious about AKB, and is not wishy washy. Without the strength of the main character and his down to earth desires to help his teammates i doubt the story would be as intriguing
This is a manga that should not work in theory, but for some reason is very addicting to read. When will someone discover Minoru's true gender? Why don't his schoolmates notice his absences? When will that wig finally fall off? These sort of questions helped me read through this and allowed me to discover the world of pop idols in Japan. It's not all makeup and singing. And the fact that this is based off of one of Japan's most famous idol groups really hits home how dedicated these girls are to their job. And it does get tense when Minoru's identity is extremely close to being exposed.

So as I'm slightly worried about the day when Minoru hits puberty and his voice drops really low, I'm silently cheering for his success.

First Impressions: 5/5
pretty confusing how maeda can drop in the ranking and still be the ace
super awesome. really hit it's stride

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics