Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.62 - 487votes)

Silver Spoon

Alt Names: alt Cuchara de Plataalt 銀の匙alt Gümüş Kaşıkalt Gin no Sajialt 은수저alt Sølvskjealt الملعقة الفضية
Author: Arakawa Hiromu
Artist: Arakawa Hiromu
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyCooking CookingDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A young boy named Yugo Hachiken aspires to live apart from his family. He enrolls in an agriculture school, one which requires its students to live in dormitories. He thinks that with his talent for studying, no problems will arise no matter what kind of school he goes to. But he is soon forced to discover the inconvenient truth about agricultural life. Enjoy the story of Hachiken as he tries to keep up with his friends, farmers' heirs who are already accustomed to a hardworking farm life.

Won the 5th Manga Taisho Award.
Won the 58th Shogakukan Manga Award in the Shounen category.
Go to Silver Spoon Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Chapter 119 and 120 Discussion (spoilers) New Window toaster_slayer
  • 3 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion (Spoilers) New Window Liar
  • 316 Replies
Topic Chapter 83. Not the modern way of making sausage. New Window Haiyami
  • 8 Replies
Topic Character dynamics and postponed romance resolution New Window Argentus
  • 8 Replies

1490 Comments

Pork Bowl has really grown on me.... now all he needs to name a cow and a chicken, and he can start his own farm.
Good stuff. Like someone said, you've got to give manga like this time to develop. It's finally taking the turn into the right direction.
Actually Cait, I think it's weekly.
YUP BUY THAT PIG 'cuz he's cute
seriously, i think this rival Yotsuba&! and Azumanga in term of comedy/slice of life/wtf factor.
too bad it's monthly
@Kyujyu, probably to keep as a pet.
@ErictheRed, to make his own pork bowl(literally)?
I really, really, like this. I'm a fan of coming of age stories. Unfortunately, coming of age stories usually take a while to develop so I'm pretty terrified this will get canned. Hopefully the success of FMA will prevent her editors from doing so. As a side note, I find it hilarious it's bi-weekly and only 19 pages. I guess after being monthly for so many years it's hard to fully adjust?
10 bucks says he buys the pig.
Every chapters bring smiles to my face :)
Didn't the author of this wrote Full Metal Alchemist. I like it. It a story told in contrast to different ways to live, I recommend and approve
Hiromu's work has never been a disappointment to me, i enter into the world of gin no saji with this same level of expectation and i already know i won't be disappointed.
I find this very good. If you go in expecting action and deep conspiracies, just because it's Arakawa, you will be disappointed. However, expecting a 'slice-of-life' with good characterizations and motivations- there is nothing here to dislike and much to laud.
Well this is kinda disappointing. Not as interesting as i thought...but giving it time.. something MUST happen or else the publisher is going to cut it.
This is better than it sounds. I like it especially when they discuss the ethics behind cattle and the food industry.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics