Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.62 - 487votes)

Silver Spoon

Alt Names: alt Cuchara de Plataalt 銀の匙alt Gümüş Kaşıkalt Gin no Sajialt 은수저alt Sølvskjealt الملعقة الفضية
Author: Arakawa Hiromu
Artist: Arakawa Hiromu
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyCooking CookingDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A young boy named Yugo Hachiken aspires to live apart from his family. He enrolls in an agriculture school, one which requires its students to live in dormitories. He thinks that with his talent for studying, no problems will arise no matter what kind of school he goes to. But he is soon forced to discover the inconvenient truth about agricultural life. Enjoy the story of Hachiken as he tries to keep up with his friends, farmers' heirs who are already accustomed to a hardworking farm life.

Won the 5th Manga Taisho Award.
Won the 58th Shogakukan Manga Award in the Shounen category.
Go to Silver Spoon Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Chapter 119 and 120 Discussion (spoilers) New Window toaster_slayer
  • 3 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion (Spoilers) New Window Liar
  • 316 Replies
Topic Chapter 83. Not the modern way of making sausage. New Window Haiyami
  • 8 Replies
Topic Character dynamics and postponed romance resolution New Window Argentus
  • 8 Replies

1490 Comments

Its going to be really dumb and a waste of time misunderstanding OR someone died OR marriage OR someone leaves school unless they get help?
@Xziled please tell me that was a Komaba pun.
why do I get the feeling hiromu is going to throw us a fast ball...
I hope this doesn't interfere with Hachiken x Mikage
Hahahahaha!! In chap 16, I could totally relate that incident with myself!

When my cousin came for a visit and I ask, "Where would you like to go?"
And she ask me back, "Is there any good place around here?"
And I thought she would be so delighted so I answered merrily, "There's a department store at the next town. If we take the bicycle, we'll reach there in an hour or less".

No wonder she decline right away.
I totally get the pizza part. Hehe^^ I'm not exactly a farmer but I live in a rural area among farmers~ Yeah, our homes are outside delivery area, and most houses couldn't get a signal. The nearest pizza shops are two cities away. Haha, that'll be like a one day trip only for pizza. So no one ever think of pizza delivery for food. Nah, any food delivery is out of question. Pizza and fast foods are delicacy, you get what I mean?

I'm so lucky I even have internet connection.
@kdom
a few of us do read it

I laugh at how accurrate this is at some places. Lol, the crummy feeling of running milk down the drain was very relateable.

Nice that they showed the different types and sizes of milking setups and even mentioned the robots.
BTW Aki's milking center is a Boumatic Xpressway (nice setup)
@johnkard
why couldn't farmers be able to read ?
And if they read it they would probably laugh at how unrealistic this is
Love the ending to the chapter.
Damn it.

Now I can't wait for the next chapter with all this suspense being built up. Who is him?
Love it. (pretty sad that actual farmers probably don't have time to read it)
The father.... has no eyebrows...
Definitely better than FMA for me. This does a great job of broaching complex issues and not coming off horribly heavy-handed about them. I wish I had more hands to give this series more thumbs up.
Lol I keep on loving this more and more.
I personally believe this is even better than FMA
Almost every chapter of this manga makes me hungry.
I like the subtle hinting towards Mikage x Hachiken.
Totally didn't expect me to be correct lol
I totally didn't see what happened in the beginning of chapter 26 coming.
@Kyujyu, I guess it was for his own pork bowl.
I find this really interesting. Lots of things that you could learn from this, but you shouldn't take all of it seriously.

I love Tamako.
Roy Mustang @page 15!
@dieseltrain

Yea so boring, that the first volume sell like 1m of copies, lmao.

@Kyujyu

Man how do u know that? he rly buy the pork for that, that was shocking, i was expecting something like i gonna save the pig, but omg that was better.

Cant wait until the next year xD
very interesting. I like reading this kind of manga once in a while.
wow boring manga. I thought this was going to be good like Ja Ja Uma Grooming up.
This chapter (25) is fukken hilarious. =))

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics