Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.6 - 149votes)

Hana to Hoshi

Alt Names: alt 花と星alt Flower and Starsalt The Flower and the Star
Author: Suzukin Kario
Artist: Suzukin Kario
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaSchool Life School LifeShoujo Ai Shoujo AiYuri Yuri
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Hanai is a junior higher and the best at table tennis. She's never lost, and she's won many tournaments, but after some freshman she's never heard of beats her like it was nothing, she starts losing every game after that and she can't get rid of that feeling of defeat. Now it's her first day of high school and she's decided to quit table tennis and live an ordinary high school life, but on the first day, she runs into the very girl that first defeated her. It turns out that she's also quit table tennis, but this girl always has a cold expression on her face and Hanai can't help but feel that this girl is always looking down on her and trying to mess up her perfect high school life. One day the girl falls asleep in class, and Hanai reaches over to wake her up. As she does so, the girl, still half asleep, looks up at her with a smile and almost kisses her. The girl later tells Hanai that she was having a dream about her, but Hanai coldly brushes it off thinking she's just messing with her and walks away - as the girl behind her looks down while blushing...
Go to Hana to Hoshi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic page 17 chapter 4 New Window Sir Birdy
  • 0 Replies

76 Comments

This is so good! I want more!
I love this, for the first time, I see a yuri story that doesn't take place in some magical garden of cute and fluffy things... and flowers, lots of flowers. It's just that with all that PINK, they often forget how much emotion there's about falling in love, especially a 'forbidden' one.

The art style is personal and fits well with the characters, there's a lot of humorous moments, and...

Spoiler
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM.......this is SOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!

The art is veryy nice, the story sweet and the MC is hilarious. Depending on how it goes this may go into my top romance list.

My tummy is all fuzzy and warm.

Love it, thank you Yuri Project for translating this.
A great new chapter, thanks Yuri Project!!
Ohohohohoho xD
It's kinda weird how Hoshino in the flashback plays with her left hand, but then in chapter 3 plays (fails) with her right...
The deadpan comedy of this manga is hilarious. Also, the pace is quite fast, I hope the mangaka can keep up with it. Anyways it's fun to see the roller-coaster of first loves, without the the blocks that often still the narrative. All three girls are clueless, but fiery, so the action goes all over the place, it's a lot of fun.
"You actually like her?" Most appropriate use of the falling down gag I have ever seen in a manga. Hanai might actually be retarded.
I can't be the only one laughing at this. As such, there's no way "comedy" isn't one of the tags.
Awesome, thanks for the new chapter Yuri Project!!!
Ohohohohoho

;D
When I saw the picture I really thought that is was some girl from "tokiwadai middle school", the uniforms are almost the same.
Woo woo woo, 2 lesbians
Can I get three cheers for awkward lesbians?
This is my first foray into yuri (and romance-manga in general), and I'm really liking this series so far! I think the whole set-up of being liked/liking the one who absolutely crushed your pride is a very strong point, and it allows for good character and romance development. Really looking forward to see how this develops.
mmm, i totally missed the updates till now, yeah, chp 6 is a little weird, it must be a little time in the future from chp 5, she's avoiding her and has moved on, right?
Weird ch. 6 is weird.
hahaha....
Nice
TetsuDan--obnoxious man-hating? I've read plenty yuri and hardly ever run into anything you could even vaguely describe as that. What on earth have you been reading?
. . . Some of the really old josei yuri with prehistoric art styles seemed to have to justify the girls turning to other girls by having them have bad experiences with men; it was like they wanted to write about girl/girl but it wasn't okay for them just to naturally be gay, so they had to like be raped or something first so the trauma would push them to take refuge in unnatural leanings, oo. You mean those? They don't have much to do with any current yuri or shoujo ai.
@TsundereChan
that was the best haiku in the world. but you forgot to put refrigerator at the end....
Good so far, cute with some humor and story, hope there's more some day.....
Loving it so far, can't wait for more.
cool, a new yuri title, i missed seeing the first uploads, Thanks Yuri Project!!
Photo
TsundereChan
May 12 2012 05:29 PM
Roses are yuri.
Violets are yuri.
I like yuri.
Yuri.
No obnoxious man-hating, yet. I might actually enjoy this one.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics