Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.38 - 423votes)

Tonari no Kashiwagi-san

Alt Names: alt となりの柏木さんalt โต๊ะข้างๆนี่แหละน่ารักalt Cerca de Kashiwagi-sanalt Di Samping Kashiwagi-sanalt 邻桌的柏木同学alt My Neighbor Kashiwagialt Next to Kashiwagi-sanalt Кашиваги-сан рядом со мной
Author: Shimotsuki Kinusa
Artist: Shimotsuki Kinusa
Genres: Comedy ComedyRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A guy named Yuuto (an otaku) is interested in a web artist known as "Sayane." Recently a girl at school named Kashiwagi Kotone over-heard a conversation about Yuuto liking the web art of Sayane; but it turns out the Sayane is Kashiwagi!?! Yuuto hasn't figured that out yet... but he got a job at his favorite anime shop and caught Kashiwagi in that anime shop...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manga_Time_Kirara_Forward

Published in a Seinen magazine - please do not edit demographic to Shounen!
Go to Tonari no Kashiwagi-san Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic general manga discussion New Window Dai Satō
  • 39 Replies
Topic Main character New Window CrazyFruit
  • 7 Replies

1575 Comments

​Holy...

​I went in expecting more of the same.

Silly response to the mechanical pencil ninja people and ye of little faith in the merits of footwear:

Spoiler

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

More serious, structural discussion on the impact and import of gifting:

Spoiler

By the way...

Spoiler

Well for an artist, pencils are precious. And on the other hand, the MC just doesn't care what kind of item he got as long as he got the gift from her. Both of them are genuinely happy with their respective present. I personally think it's fitting gift with their personality.

It's just a matter of who are the person you're giving gift to, for example some people likes practical things while other people likes expensive things. A boring gift for you doesn't mean it's boring gift for someone else.

By the way...

Spoiler

Pencils are serious business. Same thing for calculators, like my Casio fx-es 115 Plus. For some stationery is a serious hobby.

To be fair, technically Mugi isn't in the friend zone any more, although he was for a long, long . . . long, time.  Now he's in the sexless zone.  Has a girlfriend, lives with her, he wants her, theoretically she wants him (for reasons unknown), but has now been stringing him along for uncounted years anyway just because.

That's why I dropped Pastel a while ago. Too many chapters of the same crap over and over for no reason other than "because I said so" from the author.

On-topic: Is... is this the legendary progress I've heard so much about? I was beginning to think it wasn't real!

By the way...

Spoiler

http://www.montblanc.com/en-us/collection/writing-instruments.filter.html?&filters=271082455

These are some of the nicest pencils that cost a few hundred. Obviously these are out of their price range but depending where they bought theirs, may be more desirable than socks.

'sides,

Spoiler

No one ever, in manga or reality, has gotten or will get a longer friend zone than Mugi. Even K1 got occasional small satisfaction, and there was a logical/satisfying explanation at the end.

If Pastel ends before life on earth does, it'll be "because reasons" and the epilogue will show a couple of kids that were probably fathered by John Redcorn. Mugi certainly won't have anything to do with it.

To be fair, technically Mugi isn't in the friend zone any more, although he was for a long, long . . . long, time.  Now he's in the sexless zone.  Has a girlfriend, lives with her, he wants her, theoretically she wants him (for reasons unknown), but has now been stringing him along for uncounted years anyway just because.

By the way...

Spoiler

Spoiler

By the way...

Spoiler

About damn time.

after reading the series the MC get the longer friendzone than mugi (pastel) 

No one ever, in manga or reality, has gotten or will get a longer friend zone than Mugi. Even K1 got occasional small satisfaction, and there was a logical/satisfying explanation at the end.

If Pastel ends before life on earth does, it'll be "because reasons" and the epilogue will show a couple of kids that were probably fathered by John Redcorn. Mugi certainly won't have anything to do with it.

Spoiler

My OTP right here.

Volume 11 completed.  Chapter 77 on schedule... US East Coast time.  ;)

Information regarding volume 12: 

Spoiler

I would really like if the story would keep going with then in college, showing their progress with a relationship, and with a new set of side characters, because lets recognize that the side characters of this manga have had awesome stories.

Im the only one keep reading this just for Fukuda and Kazuki ships? 

To Kazuki and Yuuto: you have to be a special kind of sadist to tell what a present is before giving it

he probably reads the comments for the same reason most fans do, so we can see meaningful comments about the manga, share impressions, and enjoy being part of a larger fanbase, not listen to kids whine about how they cant read descriptions or tags and just run around going TROLOLLOLOL I DUNT LIKE UR MANGAZ NURD!

yeah agree with you, so much kids so little brains

Tina & Kou >>>>>>>>>>> every other couple of this manga (and of many others) and by a distance that has to be measured in light years.

Tina ship is currently doing its victory lap idk what you're talking about

True, but my Tina harem ship has almost finishing slipping below the surface. Kazuki x Fukuda is fine like it is, but Sakuraba and Kashiwagi should drop all the angst and give in before they end up on a reef.

Scheduling information for ensuing chapters and volume 12:

Spoiler

I notice that today's release represents a scanlator making and sticking to a schedule.  I think we ought to celebrate such an impressive, unusual event. ;)

Way to go Kou

Time to be a man, now or never.

Aren't they like in high school? Dang.

after reading the series the MC get the longer friendzone than mugi (pastel) 

Ship is sinking, no fuck is given All hail MC x Kashiwagi!

Tina ship is currently doing its victory lap idk what you're talking about

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics