Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.56 - 34votes)

Hotaru no Hikari

Alt Names: alt 小莹的青春alt ホタルノヒカリalt Glow of the Firefliesalt Hotaru no Hikarualt Hotaru's Lightalt It Is the Only Little Light in My Lifealt 호타루의 빛alt Light of the Fireflyalt نور شبتاب
Author: Hiura Satoru
Artist: Hiura Satoru
Genres: Josei JoseiRomance RomanceSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: 27-year-old Hotaru would rather sleep at home than seek romance, but due to unforeseen circumstances, suddenly she’s living with her boss, Takano. What’s more is that she now has a budding relationship with Makoto, who’s younger than she is. Like a dried fish thrown back into the ocean, can she learn to swim again and rediscover the ways of romance?
Go to Hotaru no Hikari Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Comadrin
  • 22 Replies

80 Comments

Well, I guess I could tell you...
Spoiler
Incidentally, I was thinking of putting a "Cliff Hanger" image here, but this isn't actually a cliffhanger. We know what's going to happen now.
Spoiler

So no, not a cliffhanger. But I do think it's the key plot twist that's been hovering in the background all this time.
Comadrin: Guilty as charged. Although these days I only do the unbelievable vice with my wife.
(Believable vice can also be fun--I always say it's not the tropes you use, it's how you use the tropes!)
Meanwhile, thanks for the latest chapter JSis! And a pivotal chapter it is. The twist is perhaps a tiny bit cheap, but what the heck--the dramatic timing is so perfect I almost don't mind how contrived it is. It's always been clear this is more in the "carefully shaped story" school than the "slice of life".
Spoiler
Oh my god that cliffhanger. D: D: D: D: D: D:
Ah!!! I forgot. Happy Birthday.
Arusiasotto Sama,

Thanks for the new chapter. Just remember that the stranger with the intellectually attractive candy is the most dangerous of all! Also: purple is an inherently evil and seductive color: Never trust it. Libraries are also dens of unbelievable vice!
B-b-b-b-but one of the best summers I don't remember started by following strangers with candy...
Anyway, for my Birthday I am giving you all another chapter.
Arusiasotto:

NO! Don't follow the stranger purple man! If you do, you will find yourself reading tons more manga than you knew existed and engaging in debate and discussion on forums to the point where you could have written a doctoral thesis, if you directed your brain in a better direction. It will get to the point that people will post just to tell you to stop writing dissertations dating back to the stone age. I know, I've been there.

AAAARRRGGGHHH, I'm still there!
Damnit Makito needs to die, he's getting in the way of everyone relationships.
Really glad to see another chapter up. Thanks, Arusiasotto. This is one of the best josei manga I have read in a long time. I really like Hotaru's character. She is quite something. I can't help seeing Makoto as pretty shallow, though.
Oho, 51 chapters of a new read. Follow the stranger purple man!
Liar: Hehe! Let me lure you into going and reading "Sensei!" then. I'm totally stoked that it's on Batoto and being updated.
Hahaha. Sorry guys, I forgot some pages in the upload, so it will be down a few minutes.
Dammit Purple Library.

Your approval of this manga has once again lured me into reading it.
OK, maybe I was wrong. She might stick to Makoto after all. I thought for sure she'd turn towards Takano in the end, but it really seems like they're just good friends, and she keeps going for the hurdles with Makoto. Colour me surprised.
i like josei, always show women stupidity at 100% (sad in real life they could be worst)
It may be a bit till you find out I am afraid. I am low on translated scripts.
Hahaha next chapter! Blood bath?
AHAHAH THAT CHAPTER WAS INTENSE. =D
Y'know, this reminds me of an inverted version of Kimi wa Pet. That is, in Kimi wa Pet, the main character spends much of the series going out with someone a bit like Takano (Dark haired, tall, a bit older than her although not as much as in this, kind of serious, from her work) and living with a different guy who is more like Makoto (younger, lighter haired, shorter, artistically talented), with the boyfriend not knowing about the live-in. In both, the girl starts falling for the guy she lives with, partly because she's more at ease with him and can show him her "off" self, while feeling sort of awkward with the boyfriend, kind of stiff, even though her feelings for him are strong in a way.
Humor is not enough to get me out of my seat most of the time.

Story is mainly bright and energetic. The drama is rare, and relatively concentrated.
I goes through mood swings. SO depends on the chapter. It's also mostly old lady humor.
I goes through mood swings. SO depends on the chapter. It's also mostly old lady humor.
yo, is dis funny? or dis be all drama straight up?
Wow, I am SOO happy this will be translated again, I was reading it a couple of years ago and it was one of my favorites. Thanks!!!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics