Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.67 - 252votes)

Skip Beat!

Alt Names: alt !اسکیپ بیتalt 下一站巨星alt スキップ・ビート!alt 華麗的挑戰alt 스킵 비트!alt Skip Beatalt Не Сдавайся!
Author: Nakamura Yoshiki
Artist: Nakamura Yoshiki
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kyoko Mogami is the childhood friend of superstar Sho Fuwa. Kyoko was so mindlessly in love with Sho that she followed him to the city on his quest to become a famous singer. But she soon realizes Sho was only using her as his personal maid to take care of household chores and pay for rent. Heart-broken, Kyoko won't suffer in silence--she's going to get her sweet revenge by beating Sho in show biz!

A funny and entertaining romance story of a "diamond in the rough" trying to find her place in showbiz, and the mysterious pasts of the people around her.

====== NOTICE =======
We have been requested not to host this by Hakusensha. Please do not upload.
====== NOTICE =======
Go to Skip Beat! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window hoihei
  • 102 Replies
Topic Kickstarter for Skip Beat! anime US release! New Window Garlyle
  • 0 Replies
Topic percheeeeeeeeeeeé?? New Window Sasy_
  • 0 Replies
Topic I just finished the anime New Window Amorte
  • 3 Replies
Topic Favorite character in Skip Beat! New Window bumblebee310
  • 19 Replies
Topic Skip Beat! deutsch New Window harnomf
  • 3 Replies

513 Comments

Just started reading this yesterday, caught up. Looks pretty good but the wait can be unbearable if you follow it week by week..
Has a lot of potential elements, and it seems that it can't be wrapped up in another 50 chapters even, given MC's background is not yet discussed, very lightly touched, and the love triangle can be stretched as long as possible..
Any Idea when the next release date is?
It is so hard to keep track of this one !
sho, sho's manager and the sho's puppy dog girl are so irritating..... the best chapters were where they weren't mentioned in the manga and nowhere near kyoko... i can't wait till they get out of the picture forever.
i do like kyoko allot but sometimes it's so annoying how she's made to dance at the tunes of certain men and that puppy female dog.[i refuse to use vulgar language but the puppy girl and sho are tempting me to use it to describe how annoying they are.]
oh cool, follower 900. But it's been forever since I last checked this out, hope it's still as good as I remember.
@AngelsAreNerds Chapters 175 and 176 are done by Mangastream whose releases aren't to be hosted here or anywhere else really except for their own site. (The sites that do host it are doing so against the scanlator's will.) Batoto's policy is to respect scanlators' policy regarding whether or not it can host their release and possible delays from when the scans are released..Though by now, older chapters like 175 and 176 should have been removed from Mangastream's own site since they don't keep them archived for long.
Kyouko speaks old. She used to fantasize about classic love stories. It's her base. Duh.
@helloworld although I agree with you that it might sound a bit old fashioned when Kyoko said "the object of my regard" it might be intentional. Throughout the series Kyoko has often been described as a bit old fashioned, in the way she talks really polite and she acts out of sorts.

But alas you might be right too. It might be bad translating, but I personally do not react as strongly to Kyoko talking strangely
Where is chapter 175 and 176??
Let's not kid ourselves here. S2Scans' releases might look nicer than Mechgouki's, but both of their translations suck. I had to do a double take when I saw the phrase "the object of my regard" coming out of Kyouko's mouth. Like, wut? Did I just get transported into a 19th century romance novel? Teenage girls in our day and age don't talk like that.

Anyway, I liked this chapter but it had no new developments and only reiterated what we already know. I wish the author would speed things up a little. This is going a little too slow for me.
Posted Image
And is it only me or there are alot of 404 Error in important page right now ?
@Lowlightt: I Agreed !
just like Ren know he love Kyouko for long ago ( Dark Moon firming ) but he still choose not to falling in love with her.
It's take him really long to make up his mind though.
damienthedevil

I think you are missing somthing. She does realize shes in love with him. But you are forgetting one important thing damien, she doesn't want to be in love. Shes chosen not to fall in love ever again. So it doesn't matter if she loves him, she will just take extra precautions to not get into a romantic relationship with him. I think the authors playing it a bit good.
What the heck...? Did she even realised that she already admitted to herself that she loves Ren? She even mentions she has fallen for him harder than when she did for Shou. She's just trying to look away from her feelings! This manga is good but the recent developments makes me feel like choking the author....
Yes! A new chapter, and now my day is fulfilled.
"Can you feel the love tonight?"... NOT.This development is killing me... When will they be free to love!?!?!?!??!
Geez guys, why can't there be two groups scanlating at once? I for one prefer to read the release by S2Scans because it's higher quality, i.e. the editing is done better and it's been translated straight from Japanese. People who want faster released can read Mech's scanlations, and people who prefer quality can read the slower group. There's no need to throw a tizzy over double releases. =_= In any case, it seems that Mangapanda have scanlated 191, so if you've been wanting for it, just seach up Mangapanda Skip Beat 191 in google. :o
ninaarcoiris

Mech is just a single translator. Not a group.
i wonder when will the Ren <3 Kyoko developement start..

both are holding back too much...
Kyouko just keeps on denying love, I know she's hurt but I wonder when will she finally move on...till she gets her revenge? I feel that's a bit empty
its became more intresting~!!!
ren what will u to do?..
i want see kyoko face..lol
NOOO why must you be same chapter??
stop releasing double chapters!!!! i was super excited and then it was like "oops just kidding!" -.- why not just combine the strength of both groups for faster releases?
stop releasing double chapters!!!! i was super excited and then it was like "oops just kidding!" -.- why not just combine the strength of both groups for faster releases?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics