Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.07 - 147votes)

Accel World

Alt Names: alt Accell Worldalt Acel Worldalt 加速世界alt Axel Worldalt アクセルワールドalt アクセル・ワールドalt Ускоренный мир
Author: Kawahara Reki
Artist: Aigamo Hiroyuki
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaEcchi EcchiRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: No matter what age it is, the "Bullied Child" will never disappear. The overweight, Middle School student, Haruyuki, was one such kid. The only time he could relax completely, was when he would play a squash game on the local network the school had set up. He loved playing this simple game as he can forget painful times while immersed in it.

It was fall. He was passing his time like this until one day, he had an encounter with the school's most beautiful, refined girl, "Black-Snow Princess"(Kuroyukihime), which changed his life abruptly. Introduced to the software she transmitted, Haruyuki learned about "Accel World." A program that enhances one's mind capabilities, with certain side-effects.

Spin-off:

> Accel World. (4koma)
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/accel-world-r4048 )

> Accel World / Dural - Magisa Garden
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/accel-world-dural-magisa-garden-r8625 )
Go to Accel World Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Full story of the chapter 23 summary New Window Hexmage
  • 1 Replies
Topic What Color Are your Avatar will be? New Window Imnostrong
  • 13 Replies
Topic (Chapter 18-20 Spoiler) Who you think would win? New Window mrponeis
  • 0 Replies

188 Comments

Don't forget to watch the soon-to-air anime! There's already a pre-air fansub and it looks cool
Taku: Haru beat me? Ha. When pigs fly.
*Haru grows wings
Taku: Oh crap...
It is hinted that
Spoiler
wtf chemistry! it turned out to be a battle of nerds >_< and here i am, just barely passed my chemistry class with that damn old hag professor
that water guy/girl is very strong.... he/she should join Black Lotus side... /gg
Water is good.
@Araciel
maybe not proffesional hitmen but a assassain can be anyone willing to take money in exchange for someones life, offer enough and someone is bound to jump the offer.
This is going to drive me crazy.. Need to know the gender; especially since its a megane character.
-_-
@Araciel I'm thinking some fifteen year old could be an heir of some rich person and have access to assassins. They could also have used brain burst to get rich. I'm pretty sure the story mentioned something about using brain burst for gambling.

And was chapter 8.5 adumbrating that since Niko could hack into their base, that others could too?
There's one strange thing I've been wondering about. After the Heroine told the main character that she betrayed her teammates of 9th lvl (I think) she said that she somewhat expected assassins following her, even though she also told him that this accelerating system can only be used by people which are 15 or younger because they had this system implanted by birth (i think). Long story shot, how does she expect that a 15 year old could know assassins?
@blub no you're right. It's actually part of the technique, to make the main character unattractive and simplistic. After all, even his 'attacks' are pretty simplistic. Yes, it may be too simplistic, but the mangaka tried to convey the contrast to his surroundings in as many ways as possible.
At least he's a cute porky.
Kawahara Reki <3 Accel World is just plain awesome.
Pretty good read. There is only one thing which bothers me.I don't mind the protagonist being fat. Actually it's quite an original idea. However, what I don't like is that his character is drawn so simplistic in comparison to the others. A little more detail would be great. But oh well, just my personal preference, I guess~
no need to fear about being to early for it to get an anime version since it is based on a light novel series that is already on the 10th volume, if you liked it you may also want to read another work from th author called sword art online, and for those that read the novels the current chapters are part of a side story published on Vol.10 so is not a filler
Pretty good. As long as the real world isn't forgotten about too much, this could be a great read in the future.
TBH didnt expect much. But whoa this is preettty good
@Kishuy, there might be few chapters translated as a manga, but as a light novel it's been running for some time, so there is plenty of material for an anime.
aqua current is <3
an anime so earlier? how many episodes....

I am really liking this manga, really... so i don't it to end quickly... Its rather earlier for an anime i guess...
Posted Image
what the hell's with that fetish
Ohh crap I forgot this site uses square brackets.. whatevs.. And I just understood it too.
Spoiler
Thanks Riceballicious!
By the way, I have a question.. <spoiler>What is this safety threshold they're talking about?</spoiler>
Much more intriguing than I initially anticipated.
finally update...

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics