Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (3.64 - 69votes)

Re:BIRTH - The Lunatic Taker

Alt Names: alt リバース -The Lunatic Takeralt 리버스 - 더 루나틱 테이커
Author: Im Dal-Young
Artist: Lee Soo Hyun
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyEcchi EcchiRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Reiji is your typical high-school student living with his big sister Ayaka. One day he stumbles upon a pair of bracelets on the sidewalk. He picks them up and tries to find the owner, but gets sidetracked as a bag snatcher runs his direction. He tries to stop him but is stabbed and killed. On the brink of death, he hears a voice from the bracelets "If thou wishes to live, form a contract." What has Reiji gotten himself into? And what exactly does the contract entail?

Sequel:
Re:BIRTH - The Life Taker
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/rebirth-the-life-taker-r17821
Go to Re:BIRTH - The Lunatic Taker Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Anti-social hysterias- What a horrible made up term. New Window truepurple
  • 6 Replies
Topic The ending? New Window generalee
  • 7 Replies
Topic general view of the character New Window sentry
  • 3 Replies
Topic Naver Raws? New Window Irecinius
  • 1 Replies

163 Comments

Im Dal-Young manhwas always have me raging...
@AlterReality
Thanks for viewing my comment in an intelligent and understanding way. The point of my argument was to level the blame issued by the readers. Its my act of neutrality to judge the actions of all characters, not pick and choose who is more worthy to blame. Its more important to consider a person's actions first then judge the character who person to commited said act. The reverse tends to distort your view of both. A person can change 8 million times in a manga. What they have done is a different matter.

Huge wall of text incoming.
Spoiler

@cauthon
Googled it and I see what you mean.

Spoiler

With the replies out of the way, heres some thoughts. Their life is shared right? If one were to go what would happen to the other?
FUFUFU.........................................

Reiji is becoming more shitty and shitty now.

now the guild's takers has found them. I predicting Ayaka will try to sacrifice herself, that will flipped Reiji's man switch and he will finally man-up and stop complaining about having a psychotic yandere sister.

or he will end up in deep shit.
naw what i think is gonna happen is reiji or ayaka is gonna get killed im hoping reiji and then the left over sibling will end up being the lunatic taker :D
@chopsticks Oh don't get me wrong.
Spoiler
But alas, it wasn't meant to be. I'm all for Renji dying. I just want him to suffer both mentally and physically for like a chapter or two....or four before hand.
@Haganai Yeah I tend to see that trend... I wonder why he makes up his character like that? :/ Seems to add to the rage lol

@alittlebitR4nD0m Having a protagonist die in a manga/mangaka series would be awesome. Just saying, especially when the protagonist is such a scumbag
@chopsticks Killed? Nah. Beaten to a bloody pulp and left to die (preferably right before an angel is about to attack them) yeah.
All male protagonist made up by imdaelyoung turn to either a scumbag, a weaklings or an arrogant bitch in one way or another. (mostly when they are cornered by pressures)
Who else is with me that Renji should actually be killed by his Sister? He's such a scumbag ...
My fervent wish is that by the end of all this Ayaka finally snaps and leaves Renji to fend for himself

Spoiler

Another option that I don't particularly want to see happen but may be interesting:
Spoiler
Are you sure they are blood relatives? It was kinda weird, but they meet the first time when he was one or two years old? I just hope, that she will find out who plotted it, before she kills all. I really would like to see, when she finally kills him. Man...I wanted to see it after the fourth chapter.
finally, has been a long time. Can't wait for more

@soranokira, Can't agree with you there why could it be renamed? Rebirth = Dying and Reviving, lunatic = insane, I think it's fitting. The manga is good but does not play out to good in my oppinion. A weak boy with a strong sister of course the sister has a burden, The boy is to naive and only want to protect himself. The childhood friend makes the sister doubt etc :P
my opinion:
this manga should be renamed to
"Rebirth: The fucked up manga"
i dont know whether i hate this mc more then the mc from freezing who doesnt do anything but at least the mc from freezing didnt betray anyone
okay, maybe most im dal's male protagonist is not a fuc*ed up pussy. but my only motivation in reading this one is to see him screaming in agony when how finally get a grip in reality that he is very weak, dumb, and useless, ect
@cauthon
lol no. kurokami's has a strong character. zero's was strong. unbalance x2's is strong. the phantom king's is strong. the legend of maian's "became" stong (and even befor that he had a strong personality). freezing: i didn't read past ch39 but until then i rather had the feeling the author wouldn't allow him any screentime, focusing on that stupid psycho-bitches-with-huge-ass-blades thingy instead of developing the male lead in any way. so yeah i agree to disagree.
god, why are all Im-Dal's protagonists dumb p***ies?

All of them, with the exception of 'maybe' the MC from Aflame Inferno, have serious problems dropping a pair of balls. They just can't think for themselves. Pisses me off to no end

@Rinroken Google Deontology please. 'Guilty with good excuse' is a valid and debatable ethical stance where duty and intention are the only important factors in an action, regardless of outcome. Consequentialism is the opposite that you are thinking of. And the law does use both, so guilty with good excuse may not actually be guilty. Cf. the American 'shoot first, ask questions later' law
Do not read these spoilers if you haven't read the manga; while I didn't write anything too dark, I am writing about the dark psychological issues within the manga.
Great manga though.
@Rinroken I realize that what I'm trying to get at below, in all my rambling, is very similar to most of what you said, but the differences are in the details. I'll try to write an easier-to-respond-to version in a separate spoiler tag directly below for anyone who wants to agree or disagree.
Spoiler

The main points of the verry long spoiler above is simplified into a couple of sentences below.
Spoiler
the author really has a way of riling me up sometimes with his manga's, they are good but yknow sometimes it goes a little too far for me.
Reiji isnt discriminating his sister because of her mental disorder. The greater part of his outburst was BEFORE he knew she was a psycho. The later part was him trying, but failing, to come to terms with it. Besides, his sister deserves no sympathy. She is using him as a crutch to satisfy her urge to kill. "Guilty with a good excuse" is still guilty, regardless of how much she loves him. If anything its Reiji's fault for enabling her through his own weakness.

I was wondering when someone would bring up the damage her personality causes. Her actions resulted in the death of an innocent. If she doesnt see how far her actions go then she will end up killing the one she cares about most. Dont label her as a psycho devoid of wrongdoing while Reiji is scrutinized for making a valid point. It was by far the smartest argument conceived in this manga and quite unlike an Im Dal-Young male protagonist.
Like the manga, but I can't stand Reiji >_<
Reiji is a pussy and he should be killed dead, how can he discriminate his own and only family just for having some mental disorders?. I pity Ayaka, even being crazy and all, she actually does everything for the scumbag.

And now Ayaka is gonna make shit hit the fan, its gonna get even better hohohoho
question..did the chapter only release now, or are there more raw chapters to be translated..becouse now waitting again like a year,and with this cliffhanger is gonna be truly painfull...
Warning: Kissing another girl infront of a yandere can lead to some serious injury and may be the cause of death.
She's pissed. Don't tell me she is going to try to kill his childhood friend.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics