Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.2 - 56votes)

Initial D

Alt Names: alt 头文字Dalt ถนนสายนี้ ข้าจอง...alt 頭文字〈イニシャル〉Dalt 頭文字D
Author: Shigeno Shuichi
Artist: Shigeno Shuichi
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Only the fearless survive in the white-hot world of street racing, as teams take on dangerous roads in the shadow of Mt. Akina. Behind the wheel of the mysterious "Ghost of Akina" is Takumi, on his way to becoming the greatest racer ever.
Go to Initial D Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic A must read New Window ernabc
  • 6 Replies
Topic characters.... New Window annihilator
  • 2 Replies

92 Comments

Honestly, I'm not so sure I could recommend the Initial D manga to anybody.

Don't get me wrong, it works great as an anime with 1 to 2 episodes to a race on average with some breathing room in-between races with more slice of life stuff, romance, whatever. It just doesn't work too well as a manga though, It's like Dragonball Z only with cars and lasting 30 chapters per race with really short chapters, then after that we get maybe 3 or 4 chapters of breathing space.

The races all looks the same too, I personally have no idea of what happened in the latest one beyond "they raced, in the end they stopped the 2nd car with the help of the other two", it's just lost to me in a still format with so little progress per chapter and such a long wait between each one.

But maybe that's just me, I don't know.
after that race that lasted years i hope they keep focusing more on the romance.
i don't want to get thrown back into another 30 chapter race.
it's done that fucking race is done!
oohh.... so the battle's gonna be between an 86s... wonder who could be the other 86... would it be another son of one of Bunta's rivals?

ohh... looking forward to it... ^^ i just cant wait!! tbh...

thank you for the one time updates.... enjoyed!!! :)
-.- seriously i come back to this after about a year and we're still on this race
Are they still on Namek in the middle of the same race?
yes!!! updates!!!

i wish they will pick up the anime too!!

anime is much better cause you could enjoy the engine going badass vvrrooommm!!!! ^^
and tires go squeaky and slides on the drift...sigh..
Yeah new chapters, thanks a lot for the update!
Fortunately, if you want volumes 8-15, MangaTraders.com have them, and though their main purpose is the download of .zip files (which you can read easier with CDisplay) they also have a .zip viewer function that allows you to check the files before you download, and is pretty much a rudimentary online viewer.
gonna read this, no idea what to expect.

Starting at chapter 1.
Gonna read this after seeing Anni's sig, I remember watching an episode of the anime like 10 years ago
lesgo
As I already said, volumes 8 - 15 aren't available as scanlations, what mf has are scans of the Tokyopop publication.
where are volumes 8-15 I know i've read them on mangafox? why haven't they been uploaded
i get goosebumps everytime i read it... the excitement never fades... its always like the first time watching its anime or reading the manga more than 10 years ago... never fail to make me smile and have wishful thoughts....

/wish they're for real... sigh
Its a pity its set in mid 90s but its still a good read if a bit slow towards the end. the first half is a must read.
Unfortunately, volumes 8-15 aren't available as scanlations, and can't be uploaded.
i can only say this! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

if you love speed, racing cars, driving techniques on mountain passes and women (altho lesser in women)... this manga is recommended 101%.... a classic but one of the best!...

/excited...

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics